Experiences with Online Retailers

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)

1. Post
    Retailer: ComputerLounge
    Rating: 10/10
    Cost/Product: X-fi Prelude ($299.25)

Great Price (cheapest in NZ) + packaged in huge box with shredded paper fluff + bubble paper to protect the package.
    Top effort and great work past the call of duty.

2. Post
    Retailer: Playtech
    Rating: 9/10
    Cost/Product: Logitech G5 , $85.00

Comments:

Fast shipping and good packing, only thing is that i didn't recieve any emails showing me the status of my order. I had to log into the site to view it. I don't know if this is standard or not
    with Playtech but i like to know whats going on

3. Post
    Playtech did email me when they sent it,but it was blocked by my gmail spam filter.So maybye thats the problem.

4. Post
    Cost/Product: Sapphire 4850 Dual slot, Corsair 520W modular PSU - $425

Provided expert advice on the differences between cooling on 4850's + noise and overclocking.
    Recommended PSU the second time I came in. Easy purchase. More valuable info and differences.

Pretty much an awesome business with great customer service and product knowledge.

5. Post
    Cost/Product: Scandisk 4gb memory stick duo and Steelseries heavy Mousepad - $100

Ask a whole heap of questions just before buying answered it within 24 hrs and with good advise. Very good customer service and items came 1 day later after payment received. Packaged in a over sized cardboard box with lots of newspaper and bubble wrap.

Just Pure Awesomeness .

6. Post
    Rating: 7/10
    Cost/Product: Sapphire 4850 Dual slot

Dont know why i gave 7 because i think only urcomputer and playtech deserves a 10 with service and rma stuff

edit:

Cost/Product: Sapphire 4850 Dual slot $285

First time having a problem and was solved perfectly. Now im sure their service is 10/10 in everyway lol

7. Post
    Mediation wrote:
    Cost/Product: Sapphire 4850 Dual slot, Corsair 520W modular PSU - $625

Provided expert advice on the differences between cooling on 4850's + noise and overclocking.
    Recommended PSU the second time I came in. Easy purchase. More valuable info and differences.

Pretty much an awesome business with great customer service and product knowledge.
    Wouln't that only cost $425
    $285 for the hd4650 http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...sp?partid=7165
    and $140 for the 520whx http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...sp?partid=3719

8. Post
    yeah sorry.

9. Post
    ChineseKiwi wrote:
    Cost/Product: X-fi Prelude ($299.25)

Great Price (cheapest in NZ) + packaged in huge box with shredded paper fluff + bubble paper to protect the package.
    Top effort and great work past the call of duty.
    y'know, they have a full time paper shredder nowadays, just to keep up with demand

10. Post
    Im not so sure about all the computer lounge love.
    Ordered tuesdy but nothing was hapening so I rang on wednesday. Said they would put it right through. Got a stock confirmation email. Then nothing happened so thursday at 5 ring and get told they would ring me back. That never happened so I rang back at 40min later only to be told they didnt have the items in stock and would send out fri morning. They sent it but I still havnt recieved it. I would think after dicking me around for days they would upgrade to sat delivery. Looks like I wont be getting it till almost 1 week later.
    Normally I wouldnt be so finicky and consider the no stock thing an accident. But the delays just keep adding up. Kind of rank considering I spent about $1300 with them. Might just shoot them an email. Feedback is always important afterall.

Edit: 20mins after posting this got a phone call to explain what happened. Thats pretty darn impressive. Also shows they new exactly what order it was and that its not the norm.
    The wait is killing me though. Nothing worse than having most of your computer in boxes with 2 parts missing.

11. Post
    Stores i've been at...

Store's that i've had no problem with

Einfo.co.nz (in person and online) x 4
    Pcpacific.net x 1
    Pconlieshop.co.nz x 2
    Xpcomputers (In person) x 6

Stores to avoid

C1 shopping mall.
    They guy was making the prices up on the spot. Not impressed really...
    I went in to get a hdd, asked how much a 320gb was, he simply opened the prices of how much he pays for the drive, and attempted to see what he could get out of me.

12. Post
    You kind of have it around the wrong way. Einfo is dodgy as hell. With C1, you can't just walk in the door and buy things as it is only an office for pick up. Soo is a good guy.

13. Post
    Tame-Iti wrote:
    You kind of have it around the wrong way. Einfo is dodgy as hell. With C1, you can't just walk in the door and buy things as it is only an office for pick up. Soo is a good guy.
    How is einfo dodgey?

Never had any problems... o well... i'm happy with pcpacific anyway lol

14. Post
    Have you been to their physical shop? Two desks with little or nothing on display (maybe a case or two). They try to flog off used or refurbished goods as new (IT-PRO's distant cousin maybe).

15. Post
    Cost/Product: Sapphire 4850 Toxic times 2/$680

Not my first purchase and certainly not my last from CL. They have always provided top quality service and are consistent in what they say. I threw them a little quiz today asking for some recommendation on some hardware, they recommended the best components and not the more expensive items that were overkill for my needs. Most shops I have been to will try and use this as an opertunity to up sell you on an item thats clearly overkill. Nice work CL, a well deserved 10 from 10.

16. Post
    Cost/Product: Logitech G15 Keyboard

Wow, what a awesome store. Packaging was the best i have ever recieved. The keyboard box was wrapped tightly in multiple layers of bubble wrap, then placed in larger box full of air bag things. Very fast shipment, etc.

17. Post
    Cost/Product: Logitech G15 and Sennheiser HD202 Headphones - About $200.

AWESOME! Both items were packaged inside a large box, with lots of bubble wrap and screwed up newspaper. Constant email updates and fast post. Ordered on Tues and paid by CC, arrived 8am Wed morning in the SI.

Will be dealing again, infact ill be getting a whole build from them on Thurs / Fri

18. Post
    Rating: 12/10
    Cost/Product: 2 Gigabyte 260gtx

I dont know what to say im so impressed with their service, I think if unsure who to buy from, then definitely buy from them you wont regret it. Good service,quick and if you have any problems they definitely help you out asap.

19. Post
    Retailer: Computer Lounge
    Rating: 8/10
    Cost/Product: $847;
    Super talent
    ASUS nVidia Geforce Magic 512mb-800
    Antec Sonata III 50W case
    Hauppage WinTV Nova T 500 HD

This has been my worst experience with a retailer ever... Total Cost $847.29
    I didn't use the combo builder function and was charged $822.29 instead of $811.13. I was also charged a freight charge of $25.
    When I called them this morning, the man I spoke to explained that the case was a 'bulk freight item,' and he was whining on about how it was costing them alot of money to ship it. I accepted that.
    However when I asked to be charged the combo builder rate, he simply said 'too bad you didn't use the combo builder.'
    This is really poor service guys...

Will call back later today, when someone else is in.

/edit 11am, Paul from CL called back, and he's going to refund the difference; apologised and was very professional. Kudos CL
    upgraded from 1 to 8.

This is the order

20. Post
    Rating: 12/10
    Cost/Product: Corsair 620 HX

So awosme it came in a box that was very well taped and inside the actual box for psu gets bubble rap to protect it and even got heaps paper and air cusions inside to protect it from getting damage. Packing is perfect in terms of keeping the items safe for postage. Well Done definitely recommend.

21. Post
    what shipping does computer lounge use with courierpost? Philoy says his arrived overnight in the SI, i ordered on the 1st late at night, dispatched 2nd sept, and supposedly the package is with courier for delivery as of this morning. 3 working days is the economy inter island option, which kinda sucks. Other than that service was awesome

22. Post
    Retailer: Elive
    Total cost of purchase: $252

Retailer: Acquire
    Total cost of purchase: $60

Both companies are similar. Ordered on Tuesday, received on Thursday. No receipts in boxes, good packaging.

23. Post
    Hi people. Me & me mates are chipping in to build a fairly high-end dual quad (8 core) system for video editing plus the 'occasional' HD entertainment (games, movies, etc). We've checked out pricespy and called/emailed some of the retailers to get the best deal possible for the specific parts we need. We're hoping to actually get an entire system from one store so it's easier to manage whatever problems that may arise after purchase. Seeing the *endless lovin* computer lounge is getting we've decided to meet up with them personally next week to discuss and negotiate. We've quite a bit to spend but not a bit too much. Anyways, fingers crossed here's hoping we'd get a similarly *insane* deal like taekwon did. Will update on the outcome later....

24. Post
    Posting in the wrong place! Post here:
    http://www.gpforums.co.nz/forum/PC-Build-Help/?s=

I can tell you and Computer Lounge will tell you 2x quad core PC's (Skulltrail) are pretty shit, sure they're better but only marginally for double the price. We call it the SkullFail system

They'll sort you out anyway~

25. Post
    Computer Lounge
    10/10
    Goods arrived in a few days (slow courier) well packaged and working perfectly
    total cost $220