Experiences with Online Retailers

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)

1. Post
    IMO Tastech should be dropped down atleast a level. I have been trying to contact him for over a week, and know of other people that have been trying to contact for about 3 weeks... This is pretty shocking service really...

If you are running a reliable business and plan to disapear off the face of the earth for 3 weeks, atleast have the courtesy of saying so on your website and saving consumers a hell of a lot of wasted time.

2. Post
    Tastech will be dropped if more people experience problems with them

3. Post
    Both tastech and extreme systems need to be moved down.

4. Post
    Ascent - My USB memory card reader was faulty so I RMA'd, they took ages to respond and replace

5. Post
    Ascent - 10000000000%

I ordered a product yesterday at 4:30pm with Credit card, and it arrived here at midday today... I'm in Auckland (and ascent is in Wellington).

6. Post
    another week of waiting for tastech....in the past he has been great (to me at least) with quick emails back, and great service, sadly it seems he has disappeared off the face of the earth recently, another vote for down

7. Post
    If one more person has problems Tastech will be dropped (I think thats fair?)

BTW just incase anyone is wondering, the refund I was supposed to have received 3 weeks ago from c1 for the faulty monitor has still not been credited to my account, I have called them 5 times. I am considering dropping c1 again IF others start having problems with the RMA service. This still hasn't been solved for me and it started in Mid January, unaccaptable.

8. Post
    Yeap, sounds fair
    on another note, ascent took back my gigabyte 8800gt with zalman fan almost a month after I bought it and gave me full refund as I was not happy with the fan being stuck at 100%. amazing, HOW DO THEY DO IT?

9. Post
    dirtbag wrote:
    Yeap, sounds fair
    on another note, ascent took back my gigabyte 8800gt with zalman fan almost a month after I bought it and gave me full refund as I was not happy with the fan being stuck at 100%. amazing, HOW DO THEY DO IT?
    Now thats service, if only I could make a separate section for ascent.

10. Post
    to c1shopping

just orderd stuff on friday: 2xhdd, hdd enclosure, 3x flash cards, 1x modem got all ready by monday and gave me call to come pick it up, had everything rdy and waiting unlike some shops where they go find the stuff after you get there. only had modem on backorder told me i'll get it in 2 weeks.

11. Post
    c1com

RMA'd the following over the past 2 years from c1com:
    - G.Skill 2gb Ram (took quite a few weeks over xmas break)
    - Samsung 226BW
    - Canon Ink Cartridge
    - X1950 Pro
    - 2GB USB stick
    - MS Explorer Mouse

All items were RMA'd in 1 week or less. Usually visit the shop and have it replaced on site

Always stuck with them for all my purchases. Price competitive, good PC knowledge, friendly & willing to help.

12. Post
    Modster PC
    Another great order from modster. Steve managed to get a hold of an older CM Mystique case from Iway for me! Still one of the best E-stores ive dealt with. Staff are really helpfull and even threw in a neat Case badge for me!

Legion Enterprises
    Ordered some ACryan stuff from Paul At Legion and got em the next day! super quick courier and always willing to help. He even gave me a good deal on some of the bulk stuff! Besides the fact that Paul is always willing to listen to his customers, he is one of the few places ive come accross that sell ACRyan Accessories, which include some of the best UV mods ive come accross.

C1 computers
    Im still trying to get my mainboard sorted. They have refused to allow me to swap the board for an alternative and have also refused my Rejection of the goods. Ill be getting my components checked by a proffesional so i can prove that they are in a fully functional state and going from there. This is fast becoming a serious issue.

Id seriously consider buying high priced items like mainboards and CPUs and the like from other places like Ascent. Lest you fall into the same boat as i.

13. Post
    Sporb wrote:
    Im still trying to get my mainboard sorted. They have refused to allow me to swap the board for an alternative and have also refused my Rejection of the goods. Ill be getting my components checked by a proffesional so i can prove that they are in a fully functional state and going from there. This is fast becoming a serious issue.

Id seriously consider buying high priced items like mainboards and CPUs and the like from other places like Ascent. Lest you fall into the same boat as i.
    I knew I wasn't the only one having problems with c1. They've been going downhill, fast, when it comes to RMAs.

14. Post
    Therk wrote:

BTW just incase anyone is wondering, the refund I was supposed to have received 3 weeks ago from c1 for the faulty monitor has still not been credited to my account, I have called them 5 times. I am considering dropping c1 again IF others start having problems with the RMA service. This still hasn't been solved for me and it started in Mid January, unaccaptable.
    c1com is ONLY good when it comes to purchasing their items, quick turn around when you need to buy something.

apart from the above C1COM is

when i RMA'ed my 8800GT for a refund they claimed that it will be done in 2 days and now almost a week later i still havent gotten any credit or any words from them....and when i asked for a refund when i was at their office they claimed to not have any cash for the refund since i paid for my 1.5k system the day before.

so buyers beware C1com is very very very dodgy when it comes to you gettng a refund, all they want is your money!!!!! very poor post purchase support. and they will lie to you about the timeline when you will get a refund... also think very carefully when purchasing from them.a

Hey Therk keep me posted on your situation i am thinking of seeking some sort of legal advice from the lawyers next door when i go into work tomo. hope you get some sort of response soon

15. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    to c1shopping

just orderd stuff on friday: 2xhdd, hdd enclosure, 3x flash cards, 1x modem got all ready by monday and gave me call to come pick it up, had everything rdy and waiting unlike some shops where they go find the stuff after you get there. only had modem on backorder told me i'll get it in 2 weeks.
    when i went to pick up my system they forgot about my dvd drive and had to search for it. also i ordered a windows os cd, they misinformed me on the arrival of the cd and i had to go back and pick up from them again!!!

not trying to be anti c1com but i've had more bad than good from my limited experience with them!!!

i would seriously never go back to them ever again, i would pay an extra 20% and go with playtech or ascent from now on.. i was dumb not to take the advice of others.... dam me trying to be cheapppppp

16. Post
    MeRK wrote:
    c1com is ONLY good when it comes to purchasing their items, quick turn around when you need to buy something.

apart from the above C1COM is

when i RMA'ed my 8800GT for a refund they claimed that it will be done in 2 days and now almost a week later i still havent gotten any credit or any words from them....and when i asked for a refund when i was at their office they claimed to not have any cash for the refund since i paid for my 1.5k system the day before.

so buyers beware C1com is very very very dodgy when it comes to you gettng a refund, all they want is your money!!!!! very poor post purchase support. and they will lie to you about the timeline when you will get a refund... also think very carefully when purchasing from them.a

Hey Therk keep me posted on your situation i am thinking of seeking some sort of legal advice from the lawyers next door when i go into work tomo. hope you get some sort of response soon
    I'll keep you posted.

Also, note, to everybody, c1 WILL be dropped yet AGAIN if these complaints keep coming, I can count 4 at the moment. anything over 1 week for a refund is COMPLETELY unacceptable. Nearly 4 weeks in my situation, is absolutely ****ing ridiculous. If I don't get a refund within a few days I will be taking them to the tribunal.

17. Post
    I emailed tastech from another email addy of mine, by accident, and he replied same day! what the hell
    emails from my orcon didnt get replies, but my gmail got replies

18. Post
    C1 RMA1: Faulty stick of ram, sent to them on a Monday and they got it on the Tuesday, replacement was sent that Friday

C1 RMA2: Faulty 8800GT, card sent 27th Feb arrived on 28th. Just had an email this afternoon to confirm my address and replacement has shipped, so a week turn around.

Altogether, a week is fine and I have no reason to be annoyed at them like the above cases. But I guess I am used to having to RMA with ascent which can't be beaten.

19. Post
    cannot see another much feedback with OCzone. has anyone purchased from them before? Also for PConline?

20. Post
    Liger_zero wrote:
    cannot see another much feedback with OCzone. has anyone purchased from them before? Also for PConline?
    Both pretty bad. They charge less and offer no support and long long wait times. No one really goes with them unless it isn't important parts

21. Post
    i havent had a problem with c1, spent about 2k there, they guys know their stuff and real fast service. +1.
    RMA'd some ram on a monday, had new ram by friday.

iFocus are good too, plus free (and fast) shipping (ive had no after sales experience with them tho).

22. Thumbs down
    Big for PcPacific.
    Purchased: Around $1000
    Rating: 1/10
    I have been fighting them for over a year about a motherboard they overcharged me for, and they have been nothing but trouble. They told me they can't find the order number (which they emailed to me, and I used as a reference to deposit the money) and admitted in an email that I was overcharged, which was sent just after the purchase. Now I have reason to believe the 667 RAM I ordered is actually 533 (trying to confirm this at the moment as CPUZ told me it was PC2 4300, which as far as I can tell is all 533... Not 100% sure if that's correct).
    I will never trade with them again, and I will be sending one more email to them before I let PriceSpy know about it, and get the law involved... O_o

23. Post
    Has anyone had any bad dealings with Computer Lounge? I'm about to place a near $2000 order with them but since it's my first time dealing with NZ online stores(emigrated here a couple of months back) I'm a bit nervous.

24. Post
    Computer Lounge would have to be the best store in auckland, imo. Not the cheapest, but most reliable. I wouldn't worry at all.

Welcome to NZ! Where are you from?

25. Post
    Originally Russia then South Africa and now I'm here