GP shares experiences with online retailers

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4027

1. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    How is it that ordering from amazon is faster than ordering locally
    Maybe they droned it across the Pacific?

2. Post
    Retailer name - PC Force
    Total cost of purchase - $525
    Date of purchase - 26/06/2017
    Rating out of 10 for purchase experience - 7 (their website is abysmal)
    Rating out of 10 for support experience - 9
    Comments - RMA'd failed RAM, emails were quite responsive, no messing around, sent me replacements within a few days of receiving the faulty ones. Took off one point because their english is pretty bad - can be hard to understand.

3. Post
    Retailer name - Computer Lounge
    Total cost of purchase - $4900
    Date of purchase - 19/11/2018
    Rating out of 10 for purchase experience - 10, dealt with them through facebook. The entire process was easy.
    Rating out of 10 for support experience - 10, like before they supported me the entire way through the build
    Comments -

4. Post
    Retailer name - Computer Lounge
    Total cost of purchase - $2400~
    Date of purchase - 28/11/2018
    Rating out of 10 for purchase experience - 10; sent a few text messages, had the items added to my cart for me. 10/10 would shop again.
    Rating out of 10 for support experience - 10; always fast at answering questions through the entire process

NZ Courier: -9747540/10 - Useless piles of shit. Had stuff delivered to business address - addressed to the business - meant to be delivered before 9:30. Called multiple times throughout the day, no one knew where the packages were or when they would be delivered. Gets to 3:30pm and i throw my toys demanding a manager. She was OK about the situation and arranged a direct delivery but still couldnt offer a reason as to why it hadn't been delivered.

5. Post
    Retailer name - PB Tech
    Approx total cost of purchase - $870
    Approx date of purchase - 18/02/2017
    Rating out of 10 for support experience - 2/10
    Comments: Purchased a OnePlus 3T smartphone from them back in February 2017, came with a "1 Year PB Tech Warranty", late last year the camera stopped being able to focus (both in manual and auto modes), did some research online and it appeared to be a known issue which the manufacturer was even offering to replace outside of warranty. I contacted PB Tech and advised of the fault, they said it was out of warranty. Advised them that they are selling the newer OnePlus smartphones with a "2 Year PB Tech Warranty" and that the CGA states that goods should last a reasonable amount of time. They quickly responded with an RMA number.
    Sent the phone back just a few weeks ago and received it back yesterday. Job notes state that the camera was replaced.
    The annoying thing about it was that the phone was shipped back with no notification, the phone was left on whilst in transit, they didn't return the International Travel power adaptor (OnePlus comes with a US charger), and the phone has scratches on the metal frame where I imagine a tech has tried to lift the screen with a metal tool and not with a plastic tool as recommended by most smartphone manufacturers.

Whole experience shows that they know their obligations under CGA but hope their customers are oblivious to there rights, and the carelessness of their repair techs is frustrating. However, they were relatively prompt in resolving the fault and besides these mistakes, the phone now works well.

Will update rating based on what I hear back about damage.
    Last edited by 1randomkiwi; 5th February 2019 at 1:31 am. Reason: Updated rating, see more recent posts for details

6. Post
    Side note - Pbtech was selling a phone with a non nz charger? That isnt legal
    Last edited by yeahboiwahoo; 15th January 2019 at 12:47 pm.

7. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Side note - Pbtech was selling a phone with a non nz charger? That isnt legal
    They provided a Samsung NZ charger with it as well.

8. Post
    Update to my previous post. PBTech sent back the travel adaptor but are ignoring any discussion around the damage.

9. Post
    1randomkiwi wrote:
    Update to my previous post. PBTech sent back the travel adaptor but are ignoring any discussion around the damage.
    You wouldn't happen to have a before photo would you?

They will likely ask you to prove it.

10. Post
    ThomasChp wrote:
    You wouldn't happen to have a before photo would you?

They will likely ask you to prove it.
    I have photos of it in the case that it was in since I purchased it but not of that area of the phone in particular. The damage is consistant with someone trying to remove the frame from the phone.

EDIT: They are claiming that the technician's initial report noted "minor scratches and dents" to the frame, so the damage was already there...
    Last edited by 1randomkiwi; 17th January 2019 at 1:17 pm.

11. Post
    1randomkiwi wrote:
    I have photos of it in the case that it was in since I purchased it but not of that area of the phone in particular. The damage is consistant with someone trying to remove the frame from the phone.

EDIT: They are claiming that the technician's initial report noted "minor scratches and dents" to the frame, so the damage was already there...
    Was half expecting that reply, bit of a d*ck move.

12. Post
    ThomasChp wrote:
    Was half expecting that reply, bit of a d*ck move.
    Yeah, me too unfortunately. I've worked in a Returns Dept before and I know PB Tech's reputation...
    I don't expect to get very far but we'll see.

13. Post
    Yeah they tried claiming an HDD I'd bought wasn't working because of physical scratches on the frame, and sent me pictures. I sent them back pictures of the thing not having those scratches when I'd packaged it up. Wtf.

Edit: Whoops that was playtech. My bad.

14. Post
    Ya'll need to stop buying from PBTech. Shit merchants.

15. Post
    Retailer: https://kiwigamer.co.nz (I know they're not currently listed, and now I know for bad reasons.)
    Rating: 0.5/10 for both purchase and support experience
    Total cost of purchase: BD Writer $245.23 (inclusive GST/Shipping/Credit Card Fee)
    Comments:
    The worst online store ever!
    I been doing online purchases for years now. Never encountered such very bad online store so far.
    I already saw a review posted here dated Aug 3, 2016, and I did not heed the warning.
    https://www.gpforums.co.nz/printthre...pp=25&page=122
    I thought I'd give them a chance since it was 2019 already. Also, I wanted to save a few bucks but as it turns out I will be spending more. So, I thought I'd give a review, in case someone else is contemplating the same way as me.
    I made a purchase on March 20 using Payment Express. Since I signed up to their store using an email, I was expecting some order confirmation email like what you usually receive from an online order. None came. Bad online store flag that I ignored. I thought, ok, I will just keep checking online then. Then on 24th, I got an invoice for the payment. I checked on my bank account, it was already debited. I thought, finally. Daily, I checked the site for the status of my order since I'm not receiving any notification. The status never changes from "Processing" and with no indication why. So today, Mar 28, I gave the support a call. Why is my order still "Processing" when their site states that it will take only 2-3 days.
    Some Jason ring me back. He said, he had called me on 22th and left a voice message. Apparently he wants to do some manual credit card check even though I've used Payment Express(online payment). He is also blaming me for not ringing him back and why the order is not progressing. Apparently, I did received voice message from him on that day which I was not able to listen to because after his message I received a very long message from my wife (all background noises, probably she forgot to turn off). I assumed that the voice message was just from her. So I terminated the voice message call. I usually only gets voice message from her.
    First of all, why are they not sending order confirmation / status notification like a normal online store would do? Or tracking for that matter. Tell me why the status of my order is like that for a long time now.
    Second, why did they invoiced me and charged my account on 24th if they still want to do some verifications? What is the use of payment express then?
    Third, why is there no follow up? I would have not known the situation if I hadn't had enough with the waiting. They are not even apologetic. What ever happened to "customer is always right"?
    I was so upset that I'm being blamed and that no follow was made after the 22th. And so I decided to cancel the order instead.
    Apology for the long account of the situation. I want to be fair and let you decide for yourself if you'd still want to do transactions with these guys. But for me, this is the worst online store ever that I had done transaction with. Never again.
    I'll update again when I received the refund.

16. Post
    g16 wrote:
    Apparently, I did received voice message from him on that day which I was not able to listen to because after his message I received a very long message from my wife (all background noises, probably she forgot to turn off). I assumed that the voice message was just from her. So I terminated the voice message call. I usually only gets voice message from her.
    Sounds like a you problem.

17. Post

Kiwigamer

Retailer name - Kiwigamer
    Purchased 27 March 2019
    Bought 3 USB flash drives 32GB each
    Total cost of purchase - I forget exactly....$40 something
    Rating out of 10 for purchase experience - 10/10
    Comments:
    Received confirmation email. Received tracking, items arrived on time.

18. Post
    Mightyape. Fail
    First my item, subject to their you will get it next day promise, was not sent at all.
    Took 3 days.
    Then they refunded me postage, so they say.
    But actually they haven't. They have given me store credit, which is a breach of CGA.

And despite me changing address on their site (and deleting old one) before the purchase, they have sent it now to the old address.

19. Post
    Skunkworxcomputers.co.nz
    $530
    12/04/2019
    Large splash on the homescreen stated, "All orders delivered in 24 hours".

On Wednesday night I placed an order expecting it to arrive today (Friday) so I could set up a server this weekend, paid via PayPal

By Friday, apart from the PayPal receipt, complete and utter silence, not even a purchase confirmation

Emailed them asking if it was a scam and to confirm what's going on. They did actually respond but proceeded to blame anyone and everyone about problems with their website and advised the order wasn't picked up til today. When I asked if it was on a Saturday delivery proceeded to blame me for picking the "Free Delivery over $400" option so wouldn't be a Saturday delivery even though they promised 24 hour delivery and it was ordered on Wednesday.

I imagine if they're not having issues they're probably fine to deal with, but the moment anything goes wrong then the customer will bear the brunt of all of their issues. Eventually tried to give me a $20 coupon code for the next time I shop with them but I told them I didn't want it, I will not be shopping with them again.

I asked to cancel and they said they'll refund it if I ship it back when it arrives on Monday. If it has only just been picked up they can recall it by calling the courier, nope, ignored. Pointed me at their terms and conditions which makes no mention of anything related and I asked specifically what terms they're talking about, nope, ignored. I'll be refusing the courier on Monday (if it's signed) and if they try to charge me their restocking fee I'll file a dispute with PayPal.

I wouldn't have purchased from them if they hadn't promised 24 hour delivery. They had the opportunity to at least make it 48 hour delivery and fulfill their promise but nope.

They've now removed the 24 hour promise on the website but still won't sort my shit out.

20. Post

Parallel Imported

Bought a brand new , Motorola XT1770 Moto E4 Plus from them. The phone stopped charging. I suspected it was the charging point. It was still under warranty. Sent it in and paid 45$ to have it inspected and get it fixed. They refused to fix it as it had impact damage. It was dropped within a few weeks and had been working fine. They use this clause to get out of having to do anything! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM they have some of the worst customer service.

21. Post
    Tasha Lee wrote:
    Bought a brand new , Motorola XT1770 Moto E4 Plus from them. The phone stopped charging. I suspected it was the charging point. It was still under warranty. Sent it in and paid 45$ to have it inspected and get it fixed. They refused to fix it as it had impact damage. It was dropped within a few weeks and had been working fine. They use this clause to get out of having to do anything! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM they have some of the worst customer service.
    I've been in two minds about ordering from these guys so appreciate the advice! This, along with other reviews above seems quite compelling.

22. Post
    g16 wrote:
    Retailer: https://kiwigamer.co.nz (I know they're not currently listed, and now I know for bad reasons.)
    Rating: 0.5/10 for both purchase and support experience
    Total cost of purchase: BD Writer $245.23 (inclusive GST/Shipping/Credit Card Fee)
    Comments:
    The worst online store ever!
    I been doing online purchases for years now. Never encountered such very bad online store so far.
    I already saw a review posted here dated Aug 3, 2016, and I did not heed the warning.
    https://www.gpforums.co.nz/printthre...pp=25&page=122
    I'll update again when I received the refund.
    At least got my full refund.
    I have also found a proper online store in elive.co.nz.
    The experience with KiwiGamer is sooooooo bad, that I could rate elive with 10 / 10.

To kiwigamer, this is what a proper online store tracking looks like.
    I got my order exactly one day after I got the shipped notification.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 5.23.46 PM.png
Views: 415
Size:  210.2 KB

23. Post
    Sorry for the delay, been traveling for work and shiz, updating now.

24. Post
    Retailer: PB Tech
    Purchased: 29/4/19
    Bought ink cartridges and some cables, came to around $150

Purchase experience - 5/10
    Support experience - 10/10

Comments:
    Bought the stuff from the Manukau store, as I was driving back to work my wife texted me the printer model number and I realised I bought the wrong damn cartridges. So I pulled into their Penrose store (yes, within minutes of buying it from Manukau) and they quickly and painlessly swapped them for me, pretty sweet - I was expecting a drama.

Took points off purchasing because even though the store was empty, literally no staff member could be f**ked helping me and the girl behind the counter was rude - honestly never even looked up once at me from her PC, didn't say hi, took her sweet time, just useless. Also the store is a mess, things lying all over the floor, heaps of shelves were all out of kilter, just no pride there eh.

25. Post
    Retailer: Computer Lounge
    Purchased: 3/5/2019
    Purchase experience - 7/10

My lovely wife got me a CL gift voucher for Xmas last year, I recently got around to spending it as I was aware of the 6 month expiry on the voucher.

So i went to try and purchase something, however, there was no "code" on the voucher, just an invoice number which did not do anything when entered in appropriate section of the cart. So flicked off a message to them on FB (this was back on the 17th April, got a reply saying it is due to the new website and to email a photo of the voucher through and they would add it to my account.

Sent said email on the 17th with a photo of the voucher, never heard anything back.
    Sent a message back on FB on the 30th and was told the email was never received
    Sent a new email on the 1st which was never received
    Sent a new email on the 1st to a new CL email which was provided, email never received.
    Forwarded email to another email address and then sent it through which then arrived.
    Not sure if there is an issue with CL's email system or what, but quite frustrating.

Got a message on the 2nd saying the credit was added to my account and i'm good to go. Great!
    So thew the order in on the 3rd for a ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 PCI Raid Card which was showing "Direct Ship - ships within 1-2 days" (It still says that now).

After not hearing anything, I flicked off another message on the 11th asking for an update on my order.
    Got a reply on the 13th (This is fine as it was a weekend on the 11th) and was told my order was on hold and they would chase it up and give me a ring.

On the 15th i got an email saying they are still waiting for an ETA from the supplier and I would get another update one they do.
    It has now been nearly two more weeks with out hearing anything.

All previous experiences with CL have been great, but this one is a shocker. Am at the point of just wanting a refund now. I can only hope this is just issues from their website upgrade (maybe email upgrade as well??) and the normal service returns.

Edit 30/5/19 - Item arrived today after Paul from CL stepped in and helped out. This was quick and efficient and I appreciate the quick resolution so have updated my rating to reflect this.
    Last edited by Shrapz_nz; 30th May 2019 at 8:31 pm.