GP shares experiences with online retailers

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4027

1. Post
    Updated, gave it a 1 instead of 0 as that's the lowest score.

2. Post
    Hmm... I think the scale should probably have a zero.

The reason being if one person rated 0 and another 10 that gives a "fair" average of 5

If the lowest score is 1 then the average would be 5.5 so the average is reflecting higher than what it should.

3. Post
    Amazon
    $325 (parts for my daughter's PC)
    20/5/19
    9/10 purchase rating - all ordered together on slowest shipping, arrived 3 separate packages all under a week (took 1 point off for 3 separate packages)
    9/10 support rating - changed my mind on the sata drive and decided to return it for a nvme, no questions asked instant refund (took 1 point off because they did not supply a phone number for the return shipping label and that caused a delay with the courier)

4. Post
    Comp lounge
    $280 - Headphones

4/10 purchase rating - Dude was pretty snobby when I was buying them. Should have just walked out..

0/10 support rating - After years of amazing support It finally happened.
    The product had a range issues from day one but was manageable so they weren't taken back. Sunday night I remove the dongle from the pc and it leaves the shielding behind, it came unglued. Take them back pretty confident that they'll see the issues and replace/repair them. Nope, I was too rough its my fault the dongle came unglued and it has range issues. If they were cheaper I wouldn't be so upset, but $280 and they last 4ish months and ~5 removals that's taking the piss a bit.

I expect this fobbing off from other places but never CL.

Do I have any other recourse, or am I just left to suck it up?

Just went to plug them in and noticed that the dongle had been squeezed and is janky af.
    Last edited by undead_knight; 5th June 2019 at 8:19 pm.

5. Post
    ouch

6. Post
    What did you buy?

7. Post
    Weegee wrote:
    What did you buy?
    Pair of headphones

8. Post
    undead_knight wrote:
    Comp lounge
    $280 - Headphones

4/10 purchase rating - Dude was pretty snobby when I was buying them. Should have just walked out..

0/10 support rating - After years of amazing support It finally happened.
    The product had a range issues from day one but was manageable so they weren't taken back. Sunday night I remove the dongle from the pc and it leaves the shielding behind, it came unglued. Take them back pretty confident that they'll see the issues and replace/repair them. Nope, I was too rough its my fault the dongle came unglued and it has range issues. If they were cheaper I wouldn't be so upset, but $280 and they last 4ish months and ~5 removals that's taking the piss a bit.

I expect this fobbing off from other places but never CL.

Do I have any other recourse, or am I just left to suck it up?

Just went to plug them in and noticed that the dongle had been squeezed and is janky af.
    Of course there is a recourse. Insist they replace it and if they don't it's time to go to the disputes tribunal. They will side you with almost certainly

9. Post
    I don't really understand how you can be accused of treating a dongle too rough... I mean what did they imagine you were doing with it?

10. Post
    Companies try this shit all the time in NZ. I bought a good quality backpack just recently and one of the straps was starting to fray after just a few weeks. I took it back and they're like "You must be overloading it". Wtf. I reamed them three ways come sunday but the cheek of the manager to try that shit.

11. Post
    brand wrote:
    I don't really understand how you can be accused of treating a dongle too rough... I mean what did they imagine you were doing with it?
    It's a bit of a cop out really, the tech sounded almost smug in the way he was justifying it. If the headphones were all beaten to shit, then yea maybe you can get away with saying that, but there wasn't a mark on them.

12. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Wtf. I reamed them three ways come sunday but the cheek of the manager to try that shit.
    This. Get reaming man

13. Post
    Dick Smith / Kogan
    $599 34" ultrawide monitor
    Purchase 9/10 (took off one point as dispatch takes 3 days)
    Otherwise product is excellent and buying it online was a breeze. Where else can you get a 34" ultrawide 100hz samsung panel for $608 delivered?

14. Post
    undead_knight wrote:
    It's a bit of a cop out really, the tech sounded almost smug in the way he was justifying it. If the headphones were all beaten to shit, then yea maybe you can get away with saying that, but there wasn't a mark on them.
    Do you have pics of the dongle?

15. Post
    Headphones with a dongle? unless you meant headset?

On a separate note, RMA'd a set of Sony XM3's to Computer Lounge which had a crackling sound. Got a completely new set as replacement in just over a week. Wont give a rating for an RMA, but pretty happy they did this for me.

16. Post
    Weegee wrote:
    Headphones with a dongle? unless you meant headset?
    I'm assuming wireless headphones or similar...

17. Post
    Did the dude send pics of his dongle?

18. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Did the dude send pics of his dongle?

19. Post
    CL
    Mobo + CPU ($785)
    10 - no purchasing issues
    10 - messaged them on fb to check stock of the mobo because it said "direct shipment" and they confirmed it was with their supplier and would be about 2-3 days shipping, turned up the next morning, hue. Also messaged them about the price of the 3700x being 649 when everyone else was under 600, to which they changed their price.

20. Post
    So many people with new Ryzen builds - but no one posting feedback... get the feeling that this thread is losing all purpose. Only seems to get used when someone is upset.

Going to de-sticky it soon if it continues to be like this tbh.

21. Post
    If you paid via credit card then you could do a charge back -that is basically what I ended up having to do with CL.

Speaking of which I might as well make it official...

CL
    Monitor $395.95

Purchase experience: 1 - This has been well covered in the previous pages
    Support Experience: 1 - This has been well covered in the previous pages

22. Post
    Moved the Skunkworx convo to its own thread
    Last edited by pyronical; 6th September 2019 at 3:38 pm.

23. Post
    A few

Dick Smith / Kogan
    $599 34" ultrawide monitor

PBTech
    Crucial Ballistix Sport AT ASUS TUF Edition 16GB Kit

EDIT: To edit further to fit the rules

And more to come as I continue my slow build
    Last edited by Ballistica; 6th September 2019 at 4:28 pm.

24. Post
    As per the OP, nothing under $100 is counted and you should not penalise/commend the retailer for anything to do with the courier.

25. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    As per the OP, nothing under $100 is counted and you should not penalise/commend the retailer for anything to do with the courier.
    Fair enough ive just read the OP, shits changed since it was the 5 star system last time I was here.

I dont know what to rate them now. For most online retailers, how would one even rate them then? Negative experiences are easy, perhaps thats why they are more numrous here.

What would be a rating of, "I looked at the product online, it was in stock, I clicked buy"? Because that would be a perfect experience right (10?), but id have to then have leg room (maybe the 11?) for if they had gone the extra mile. Physical retailers makes way more snese because you have ease of access, ease of findign product, worker interaction etc.

This is not a dig, I now have no idea what to rate them with the courier out.