Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4033

1. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Neither did I when I OC'd mine but watched a few vids and read a few sites to get a clue.
    What cooler are you running?
    Noctua NH-U12S

2. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    Noctua NH-U12S
    How hot are you talking about?
    I had a Cooler Master cooler that would be inferior to that running 4.5GHz so you shouldn't have any issues.
    It would max out in the low 80s with 1.3V which is fine.

3. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    Yeah i had a look into it but i got no idea what i'm doing, Looked at a few guides but i'm stressed i'll cook it.
    You won't cook it, just go very easy on the voltage.

4. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    I had a Cooler Master cooler that would be inferior to that running 4.5GHz so you shouldn't have any issues.
    I was meaning the load my bad, I haven't actually checked temps while running BF5, I'll do that at some point today.

5. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    I was meaning the load my bad, I haven't actually checked temps while running BF5, I'll do that at some point today.
    Yeah BF games will take every thread you have and thrash them.
    I switched to a 4790K and while my frame dips were very diminished, it could still max out all 8 thread.

6. Post
    Kog wrote:
    Dont behave like an idiot a help thread.
    Speak for yourself

7. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Yeah BF games will take every thread you have and thrash them.
    I switched to a 4790K and while my frame dips were very diminished, it could still max out all 8 thread.
    Noticed this in BF5, with the 12 thread 8700k each thread sits at over 60% usage

8. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    It would max out in the low 80s with 1.3V which is fine.
    I managed to get 4.5ghz with 1.2V, I ran the cpu stress in AIDA64 for a few hours and didn't see anything over 65c so seems pretty stable. I went up to 4.7 with 1.25v but was getting BSOD on boot.

9. Post
    That's a really good OC.

10. Post
    Yep, nothing wrong with 4.5ghz and 1.2v is fine.

11. Post
    hey guys, i have around 2500-3000 to spend on a gaming PC. i want to play POE/dota2 and any other games, hoping it will last several years.

I'm a bit lost as to where to get a PC from. I had a look at this website but the breadth of choice is overwhelming. Similar issue with the PBTECH website. http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...ttypeid=0&t=33

do i need intel or ryzen? any ideas on what may best suit my needs? 3000 might be overkill? im hoping it will last several years at least

Thanks

12. Post
    Disclaimer - i'm no expert, but I'm in same boat as you looking to buy a decent good value system. I've settled on something like below. Probably wait and see if there are any good deals after christmas.

Ryzen 2700x
    b450 motherboard
    3200 ddr4 ram 2x8gb
    graphics cards i have not researched
    psu seasonic 750 - 650w

I've read and watched a fair few reviews on youtube, amd cpus seem to be alot cooler running than intel, with a bonus of being better value.

Shops, i've had pretty good service from computer lounge but PBtech has cheaper prices. Can't comment on customer service and returns if issues.

13. Post
    escobarseas wrote:
    hey guys, i have around 2500-3000 to spend on a gaming PC. i want to play POE/dota2 and any other games, hoping it will last several years.

I'm a bit lost as to where to get a PC from. I had a look at this website but the breadth of choice is overwhelming. Similar issue with the PBTECH website. http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...ttypeid=0&t=33

do i need intel or ryzen? any ideas on what may best suit my needs? 3000 might be overkill? im hoping it will last several years at least

Thanks

14. Post
    Small caveat for the build I posted, that rig should be used on a high refresh 1440p monitor or ultra wide 1440p or 4K monitor
    If your screen is only 1080p then it’s way overkill

15. Post
    i have a 22 inch (i think) viewsonic monitor which is about 5 years old. I asssume it will be fine until i upgrade tho right?

16. Post
    The system should work, you may just want to check the ports - most newer graphics cards only have HDMI or Display port outputs, so the monitor needs to have one of those

Other than that, when were you going to upgrade the screen?

Because if it's some time away, then it may be beneficial to grab a much cheaper graphics card, keep the rest of the system the same, then upgrade the graphics card when you get a new monitor.

If your monitor is 1080p 60hz, the 1080ti graphics card will probably only be using about 15 or 20% of it's total power output, so the rest sits there wasted

17. Post
    Probably off topic.

Looking for a new laptop. I have found a couple on price me/price spy.

An Acer aspire

Https://www.priceme.co.nz/Acer-Aspir...901144444.aspx

Hp elitebook

Https://www.priceme.co.nz/HP-EliteBo...894537793.aspx

And a Lenovo yoga

Https://www.priceme.co.nz/Lenovo-Yog...902389794.aspx

Am leaning towards the Acer or just getting a chrome book for 500 bucks.

Any other suggestions or reasons why I shouldn't buy it.

Cheers

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

18. Post
    prices of information need updating. js

19. Post
    They seem to need updating about every 2 weeks - I've just given up from updating prices aside from when the builds themselves are adjusted. If someone else wants to go in and do it: go for it. Just waiting for the rest of coffee lake refresh and RTX2060 for a full update since they're both meant to be just around the corner.

20. Post
    why are second hand computer component prices on trade me so ****ed? Like 2, 3 or even 4 generations old CPU/mobo combos are listed for the same price as their current gen NEW parts?

21. Post
    SheepShagger556 wrote:
    why are second hand computer component prices on trade me so ****ed? Like 2, 3 or even 4 generations old CPU/mobo combos are listed for the same price as their current gen NEW parts?
    Because people are stupid and those old parts are worth whatever stupid people on Tardme will pay for them.

22. Post
    Sucks, I want to pick up an old machine to hold over till zen 3000 but I might as well buy new!

23. Post
    Also because when something fails and people dont want to upgrade they have very limited options. ie buying an expensive mainboard is still cheaper than a full upgrade

24. Post
    Siris Le Osiris wrote:
    Also because when something fails and people dont want to upgrade they have very limited options. ie buying an expensive mainboard is still cheaper than a full upgrade
    Yeah this is true. If you're on an older system and your motherboard dies you'll have to first find one to replace it and then pay through the roof for it when you do because there aren't many around.

A lot of lay people on Tardme must get ripped off simply because they don't understand core/thread count and clock frequency properly.

25. Post
    So I asked a while ago if it's a good time to build a completely new rig - at the time people said wait out - so I did.

How's it going now - Money isn't really a limit, and I just want something that is going to have some longevity and will play most of my VR titles as best as possible (as the rift can be a hog).