Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4105

1. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    I'd go AMD 2600X CPU, and spend the change on better GPU. GTX1660 (or whatever it is) is releasing soon I think, could probably grab one of those. Which will give better performance overall than the above build.
    Thank you will do, also do you think the 550watt will be ok to power this?

2. Post
    I'd probably look for a 650W just to cover future upgrades. You tend to keep the same power supply when upgrading.

There are power supply calculators online that let you fill in the PC specs and it tells you how much power you need.

3. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    I'd probably look for a 650W just to cover future upgrades. You tend to keep the same power supply when upgrading.

There are power supply calculators online that let you fill in the PC specs and it tells you how much power you need.
    Awsome thanks for your help ��

4. Post
    Looking to build my first PC and don't really know where to start. Budget is around $1500 but pretty flexible. I would be using it primarily for gaming and video editing. I'm a pretty casual gamer so doesn't need to be outrageous, and video editing would be pretty basic stuff through Premiere Pro/After Effects.

5. Post
    ^ are you looking to get the best performance for your dollar and dont mind going used or want to get something reasonable within budget but new from a store built or get parts and build yourself? is the $1500 including monitor and peripherals or you have monitor keyboard and mouse?

6. Post
    New from a store built ideally. $1500 doesn't include monitor keyboard mouse I'd get them on top of the PC, but yeah I'd consider anything in the 1k-2K range.

7. Post
    my suggestion for this budget would be something like:
    ryzen 5 2600, b450 mobo, 16gb ram fastest speed u can get, whatever drive you need, i would go 250gb samsung m.2 ssd plus a 1-2tb harddrive for storage if you need, a 500-550w psu and graphics card probably something like a gtx 1060 3gb if only playing 1080p gaming or 1060 6gb or 1070 if you are looking for 1440p in the near future. should come in well under budget and plenty of room to upgrade in the future.
    the other popular argument these days is to wait for the new ryzen in the next few months if you are happy to wait - this means you get something faster for similar money or get the above recommendation for even cheaper since prices will have to drop.

8. Post
    Thanks that's a good starting point.

9. Post
    Video card look at 1660ti, better option than 1070. Not unreasonably priced either.

10. Post
    https://www.pbtech.co.nz/build/7170

Would anybody care to critique this build? more for compatibility than part choices. Pretty much the limit of budget, it's for CAD work and 1080p gaming. Already have a SSD for the os. Input appreciated thanks!

11. Post
    Looks fine, if I was to change anything, it would be to the 3200Mhz CL16 memory kit that is $217. $40 in a $1500 build isn't much, and depending on many factors, can potentially give you 10% gains in games. As a massive generalisation, every GPU / CPU / game situation will vary. But for that money i'd do it. Ryzen does like fast memory. In some cases games won't perform any better. It's just what i'd do.

12. Post
    That's some awesome advice, thanks! Have updated build and ordered. Now the patient wait for parts to arrive...

13. Post
    FoNX wrote:
    That's some awesome advice, thanks! Have updated build and ordered. Now the patient wait for parts to arrive...
    See you soon when you can't get it to post

14. Post
    Insert meow catscratch meme

Rude!

Insert iceburn meme

15. Post
    Haha, light hearted fun mate.

16. Post
    All good haha

Let's face it, 50/50 you're right anyway lol

17. Post
    FoNX wrote:
    All good haha

Let's face it, 50/50 you're right anyway lol
    Nah you'll be fine, just take your time. I've lost count of how many PCs I've built but if I'm in a rush I almost always forget something.

18. Post
    Mushtaq wrote:
    Looking to build my first PC and don't really know where to start. Budget is around $1500 but pretty flexible. I would be using it primarily for gaming and video editing. I'm a pretty casual gamer so doesn't need to be outrageous, and video editing would be pretty basic stuff through Premiere Pro/After Effects.
    I've had a go at putting a build together and have come up with this... https://www.pbtech.co.nz/build/7088

19. Post
    Don't bother with a 1050ti, it gets smashed by RX570, so get that instead if that is max budget. 1050ti is such a bad deal / shit card.

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/VGA...-Graphics-Card

FoNX's build + Windows would be a solid build for you too. With the fast memory I mentioned above too. If you want to stick to the ~$1600 all up, then go with what you have with RX570 instead.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 9th April 2019 at 8:52 pm.

20. Post
    This seems pretty good for the coin: https://www.playtech.co.nz/playtech-...in10-home.html Memory speed isn't great, but not the end of the world. I'd say they are all prebuilt and they may not change specs of them. But could be worth asking if interested in one.
    $1499 at time of posting.

https://www.playtech.co.nz/desktop-p...gaming-pc.html
    $1699, 1TB SSD, fast memory and a GTX1060. Same money as the last PBTech build posted. Just lacks a HDD, which you can easily add later. 1TB SSD will cover you for a while.

21. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    This seems pretty good for the coin: https://www.playtech.co.nz/playtech-...in10-home.html Memory speed isn't great, but not the end of the world. I'd say they are all prebuilt and they may not change specs of them. But could be worth asking if interested in one.
    $1499 at time of posting.

https://www.playtech.co.nz/desktop-p...gaming-pc.html
    $1699, 1TB SSD, fast memory and a GTX1060. Same money as the last PBTech build posted. Just lacks a HDD, which you can easily add later. 1TB SSD will cover you for a while.
    Thanks, those look pretty much what I am after. Was going to ask about the HDD but if it is easy enough to add later then not too worried.

Is Playtech good to deal with? Haven't used them before. Specifications seem to be missing a few details particularly on the $1499 one, but could get in touch and ask I guess.

22. Post
    Mushtaq wrote:
    Thanks, those look pretty much what I am after. Was going to ask about the HDD but if it is easy enough to add later then not too worried.

Is Playtech good to deal with? Haven't used them before. Specifications seem to be missing a few details particularly on the $1499 one, but could get in touch and ask I guess.
    Aside from their new website being awful, Playtech are one of the better retailers. They're my go-to if Computer Lounge doesn't have what I want.

23. Post
    pfffft the website is fine. as long as it works and it's secure-ish who gives a shit that they used the wrong shade of imperial red and that the iframe is 2 px to the left and not 8k ultra widescreen ready or w/e...

lol webdevs.

24. Post
    I'm sure they'll let you know details of the builds. $1499 one looks to use a MSI Bazooka Plus motherboard, everything else is covered really.

No issues with the website here, finding parts is pretty quick and you don't need to know specific details when looking for parts. Being able to quickly sort by AMD chipset motherboards helped me quickly determine the above.

Pricing of the builds seems to be good, especially compared to similar priced systems at PBTech & Computer Lounge. Will be down to the discounts currently on those systems. I wouldn't bother building one for what the above systems offer money wise.

25. Post
    Thanks, I've asked for a few more details on both. I'm thinking it is worth going for the $1699 one for the extra memory speed and hard drive space for video editing.
    Last edited by Mushtaq; 11th April 2019 at 12:03 pm.