GP suggests PC builds

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4237

1. Post
    Last 20 or so posts should cover what is coming out next month. How much it will affect currently available parts pricing, not sure. 2600 and B450 is fine, decent brand memory @ 3200mhz and job done. Or wait, could get a new chip and put it into a B450 board.

2. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    If going new, and wanting something now, i'd look at this sort of thing*

Good base system, with capacity to add in a newer CPU at later date. By the time that is needed though, you'll likely just upgrade the whole box again.

No video card included in this build, save up and buy a new one at a later stage. Put all the money in the base components as video card is easy to slot in at later date. Run current video card till then.

Attachment 226285

* notes:
    PSU - random pick, good brand so should be fine
    CASE - random pick, do own research as to what has good / bad cooling design
    Windows OS - add that to the price if you don't have a copy of Windows 10.
    Based on building it yourself, if not keen on that, allow for that priced on top

All parts chosen based on price limit.

You could easily give those specs to a couple of shops and see what sort of deal they can do as a package. Playtech / Computer Lounge / others
    The 2600X is around $300 now so you could maybe squeeze that in. I am personally torn about getting a new 2600X now as it is such great value, going for a second hand 1700X/1800X/2700X or waiting for the 3600/3600x, or bumping up to a 3700/3700x. So far from my budget for a CPU/MOBO/SSD/RAM upgrade of $900 I have spent about $500

I have purchased the following;
    AsRock X370 Taichi
    512GB NVME SSD (3500/2500mb/s)
    16GB 3200mhz RAM (CL15-15-15-36)

I went for the older mobo as I couldn't see a killer feature on the X470 or X570 that made me want to blow my budget, but the X370 is more than capable of over clocking if I need to.

3. Post
    Oh so July 7th is the release date of the Ryzen 3000 series. Then maybe I'll wait for the 3600 or see how much the 2600 is discounted after then.

4. Post
    Well a post this morning, which has since been removed linked to a 2600 for $217, the same seller had a 2600x for $267. that is silly money for the 2600x, which is, in reality all I need, I guess I'll look for a 3600x when the 4600x is released!

5. Post
    dickytim wrote:
    Well a post this morning, which has since been removed linked to a 2600 for $217, the same seller had a 2600x for $267. that is silly money for the 2600x, which is, in reality all I need, I guess I'll look for a 3600x when the 4600x is released!
    What are you talking about, what seller

6. Post
    Kog wrote:
    What are you talking about, what seller
    Sorry, I should have been clear, it was a link to a Trade Me seller.

7. Post
    I really want to scratch my build itch by I have to hold out till July for the new Ryzen ugh.

8. Post

9. Post
    is that great for a new ryzen 3700x

10. Post
    Kog wrote:
    is that great for a new ryzen 3700x
    Can't really say, but it reviews quite well, not up to the standard of the best air coolers, but up there with a lot of the 240mm coolers apparently. For the price I don't think there is much that would be close.

11. Post
    Considering buying one. What else is needed for watercooling, I guess some special coolant and how often does that need to be replaced?

12. Post
    That is an all in one unit and pretty much sealed. Don't need anything else. Shouldn't need replacing in its lifetime.

13. Post
    Any case recommendations around $100? My case needs replacing.

14. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Any case recommendations around $100? My case needs replacing.
    What size?

15. Post
    sorry, a mid tower

16. Post
    ATX I assume and also assuming you want tempered glass.

Probably Phanteks P300, CoolerMaster MB600L, InWin 703.

17. Post
    Corsair look to have some cases around that cost. They any good in general?

18. Post
    Yeah ATX. I'll check those cases. A window isn't a must, but it is handy to check on how dusty my pc gets.

19. Post
    If window isn't a thing, I'd go Fractal Design Define S

20. Post
    Sweet looks like my type of case, minimalist and clean lines.

21. Post
    Hard to beat P300 for $100 imo

22. Post
    Do you have a P300? The front air intake looks terrible (restricted to two small openings), especially compared to the Fractal. I'd just be concerned about airflow. Fractal have their design pretty nailed as far as cooling goes, 2c. The Fractal looks very similar to my Fractal Mini C, which I run intake on the front and get pretty much zero dust.

23. Post
    Is the Fractal case quiet? I also saw a BeQuiet Pure Base 600 that looks legit too and as the name says it's suppose to be quiet.

24. Post
    Yep.

I run four fans in my Mini C (not needed), I just wanted to run a positive pressure system via the front intake, which is filtered. So I have three Noctua fans in the front, and the included Fractal fan as exhaust at the rear. Silent room and at idle I can hardly hear anything.

Case design looks very similar between the cases, so I imagine results will be the same.

25. Post
    Got this cooler set up and on the Ryzen 3 1200 I got as a temporary CPU getting a stable 4.05 GHZ over clock with the temperature only getting to 44c running Prime95 for 4 hours, bearly hitting 40c when gaming. Have one front fan, one top and the cooler fans set up to exhaust the heat out the back.