3. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    I'll start...

its a WIP at the moment
    She looks Hispanic?
    Nice

4. Post
    009 wrote:
    Just had to make a music CD cover for course. I suck with photoshop so I just did an equally suck drawing and scanned it in lol.

Mine is based on Japanese music if you couldn't tell.
    If it's "heavy metal" it needs a small i after the ten ten'd bu, before lengthening it to make it he bu i - me ta ru

5. Post
    Hey, well, I've got a bit of free time with the uni teachers break (though I should be doing assignments I'm takin 5 days out for me )

And I did a painting yesterday.. unfortunately I have no good quality shots of it right now, so I will post that later.. but I have been working on a new project this evening, and thought I would post the WIP (work in progress)

Here's the photo I used as a reference:

Here's the quick sketch I did to get an idea of what I wanted: ( Yes, there is quite a bit different about it, thats because I wanted some stuff like the hair different, for the style and general feeling of the final piece)

And here is what I have now, and will be referencing for the larger version I will be drawing onto a very large canvas I have, which hopefully will be going into mine and Evilstarship's room in a week or so

The above image will be on the bottom left-hand corner of a large A1 sized canvas.

It will be quite small, possibly won't even be twice the size of the current drawing I've done, but I love paintings with a huge amount of space. Space = promise and freedom to me, and it inspires me most.

What I'm hoping this painting will achieve is to inspire me in my Graphic Design work , and when I'm feeling stressed out or depressed, it will make me feel calmer.

6. Post
    That's well done. Just make sure you tidy up the hand in the final

7. Post
    Thanks, yeah, the whole point of the exercise was for me to just work through all the mistakes, and learn so that when I do the final, I know what to do and what not to do

So I can look at this whilst drawin the final, and know what I gotta fix

8. Smile
    Long time no see GP

Heres my latest

It was done for a contest for the 'ImagineFX' magazine- the theme was 'Duality'. It was supposed to show that even battle hardened warriors can sometimes just want to stop and smell the flowers.

9. Post
    ^ Wow that's awesome man, nice.

10. Post
    Perhaps a bit literal, but very cool nonetheless

11. Post
    Very nice CyberMonkeytron

12. Post
    Really cool thread, and very nice art work! I like HunterKi11er's colt

Thought i'd drop in and post my company's website. I believe I have created it using minimalistic, simple and easy to understand code, it is fully expandable/modifiable with ease. (a new better contact page is on the way, and home page will be restructured a little, we'll also have a blog) It is also my design, Photoshop is a hobby of mine.

I just want to hear what people have to say about it, that's all. If you have any constructive critisism, PM me

13. Post
    Thanks for the love, guys

stil- I didn't think I was being tooooo literal for the theme-but thanks for the comment anyways

14. Post
    awesome work post some more

15. Post
    mikhailmedvedev - nice site! Looking very professional, and I'm a big fan of the simple colour scheme. Do you have any graphic design training?

Also, whereabouts are you guys situated?
    For a guy named EvilStarship, I sure know jack about Stars.

16. Post
    Heres another one that is slightly older- It's kind of a 'what if' of johnny 5 from the short circuit movies. What if, instead of turning good when he got hit by lightning- he turned evil- quite evil.

17. Post
    I'm sure I've seen your stuff at PA artist forums.

18. Post
    Snakeeyes000 wrote:
    She looks Hispanic?
    Nice

Yeah Latina

19. Post
    EvilStarship wrote:
    mikhailmedvedev - nice site! Looking very professional, and I'm a big fan of the simple colour scheme. Do you have any graphic design training?

Also, whereabouts are you guys situated?
    Thanks I don't have any graphic design training per se, I'm just a visual person because I've been using photoshop for a good 6-7 years now.

We're in Dunedin, but we are getting better at conducting business over distances (we have 2 clients from South Korea and a potential job from Thailand).

PS. That Johnny 5 is badass.

20. Post

Lovely photo ( I have kids lol )

21. Post
    OMG JOHNNY 5!!! EEEK!
    Awesome. It looks like he's in 'Terminator', lol.
    Good to see you back here.

kyreenaTIME: Nice photo, dude. The sketch is good, too.

mikhailmedvedev: Solid design on the website. I'm not so hot on the front page, though.
    I think that a front page of a website should be clean and bold, telling you exactly where you are when you see it.

Your current front page looks diluted. I won't say too much because I don't have much experience in web design, but I will say that the motto in the banner at the top of the page definitely needs to be changed.
    A banner like that should get it's info across in a split second. This current is just too wordy, I didn't even pay attention to it when I arrived at the site, and then I had to spend a couple seconds reading it.

Sorry if I'm being a bit blunt, but it's with the best intentions. Once again, I don't have much experience in web design so you should get some second opinions.

Anyway, I should post some more art work!

Attached Images

22. Post
    CyberMonkeytron wrote:
    Long time no see GP

Heres my latest

It was done for a contest for the 'ImagineFX' magazine- the theme was 'Duality'. It was supposed to show that even battle hardened warriors can sometimes just want to stop and smell the flowers.
    This is ****ing meeean!

23. Post
    haha I used Gimp for the first time and tried cgpainting for the first time... lol sucky!

Attached Images

24. Post
    business card i made for a beauty therapist client i'm working with at the moment - turned out really well i think
    the front and back were pressed into a piece of card in the middle, so the business card is really nice and solid, nearly unbendable

Shivanx wrote:
    small update to what I'm working on
    really looking forward to seeing more progress, awesome work so far

25. Post
    Looks like every other piece of modern design and attempt to be abstract (which is an oxymoron itself).