Page 1 of 27 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Orcon - Mega Lag? Anyone

Anyone having problems with Orcon atm?

2. Post
    Yeah, its terrible right now. Really considering changing, I only use my net for WoW, Vent and browsing but I can't even do those without lag spikes and disconnections.

Howick exchange, btw.

3. Post
    Real bad here too (Taranaki)............... Was thinking it's my adsl modem from Orcon but I guess not. Huge lag, and disconnects.

Come on Orcon..

4. Post
    azarat wrote:
    Yeah, its terrible right now. Really considering changing, I only use my net for WoW, Vent and browsing but I can't even do those without lag spikes and disconnections.

Howick exchange, btw.
    Yeap I have the exact same problem with Orcon.. I just put in a request to move to SlingShot.. They have 3 free months (free months of month 1, 9 and 18 or something).. That deal expires tomorrow though!

*crosses fingers its better*

But from what I've heard, there has been a lot of positive feedback about Slingshot and gaming :P

If you do make the move, reference me and we both win apparently lol :P Some tera-byte competition.. Heres a quote, use my reference number too so we are in the draw to win lol! Awesome!

"If you join, their signup form has a field called "How did hear about Slingshot?". Make sure you select "Refer a Friend" and enter my account number (53187213) - that way we both win."

5. Post
    been so bad this week

6. Post
    brookz wrote:
    been so bad this week
    Been so bad for months for me, took 1 month for them to email me back after I called and was told to email them - Gave them NUMEROUS traceroutes and yeah, time for a change me thinks!

7. Post
    Yep... tried to play Warcraft 3 today... lagged out of every match. Speedtest.net shows 300kb/s to New York, but it took forever to start downloading the test.

Loading international websites seems sluggish, games are unplayable. Will send them an email and see what they have to say.

8. Post
    only bonus is ive got gta so it wasnt so much of a problem

9. Post
    /sigh.

Been with Orcon for 4 years, through all their crap, and I'm fed up.

10. Post
    azarat wrote:
    /sigh.

What exactly is so bad about them? This is actually the first real problem I have had with them.

But then again, I moved over to Orcon from Go Large, so maybe my initial expectations were lower.

11. Post
    azarat wrote:
    /sigh.

The problem is who do you go to?
    Xnet are apparently running like crap, Xtra are still a running joke and now I start reading about Slingshot problems. I really see no point in going from one crap ISP to another. When I joined Orcon a couple of years back they were excellent but since October last year they have steadily been going down hill.

12. Post
    Just had an email reply from Orcon. At 10:44pm, 45 minutes after I sent the email. At least their service is brilliant

"Thank you for your email regarding your connection with Orcon.

From your email I understand that you have recently encountered issues with your international connection.

This is an issue that Orcon has encountered recently that has been affecting some of our customers. We are currently looking into the issue and hope to have it resolved soon. There is currently an upgrade being performed on the network which should take place towards the end of the week and in addition Orcon is purchasing more international bandwidth tomorrow to improve international connections for our customers.

I hope that this has been helpful, If these measures do not alleviate your international connection issue do not hesitate to inform me and I can look into your connection. Alternatively you can contact our help desk staff who would be happy to assist you over the phone.
    Kindest Regards,"

13. Post
    Joriarty wrote:
    What exactly is so bad about them? This is actually the first real problem I have had with them.

But then again, I moved over to Orcon from Go Large, so maybe my initial expectations were lower.
    It was pretty great for 3 years. Nothing too major wrong with them, though I haven't used my internet heavily for almost 3 years anyway.

However in the last few months, I've had constant issues with net speed and nights where the net simply wouldn't work. I had a period about 6 weeks ago where my net was awful for 3 days straight, couldn't do anything with it. Their customer service isn't bad, but then again, I'm fairly tech-savvy with many more tech-savvy friends, so if I can't solve my issues its not likely they can either, except for just riding it out.

I just want to play my WoW and have my Vent not lag. The rest is all icing on the cake, but if I can't get my basic services covered, all the bandwidth cap and speed in the world doesn't matter a damn to me.

14. Post
    sounds good

15. Post
    Joriarty wrote:
    Just had an email reply from Orcon. At 10:44pm, 45 minutes after I sent the email. At least their service is brilliant

"Thank you for your email regarding your connection with Orcon.

From your email I understand that you have recently encountered issues with your international connection.

This is an issue that Orcon has encountered recently that has been affecting some of our customers. We are currently looking into the issue and hope to have it resolved soon. There is currently an upgrade being performed on the network which should take place towards the end of the week and in addition Orcon is purchasing more international bandwidth tomorrow to improve international connections for our customers.

I hope that this has been helpful, If these measures do not alleviate your international connection issue do not hesitate to inform me and I can look into your connection. Alternatively you can contact our help desk staff who would be happy to assist you over the phone.
    Kindest Regards,"
    As much as that reads like a template, its a good reply you got there. Straight up and honest.

16. Post
    shit i just left xtra for orcon >< then agian its got to be better then xtra.
    Buying more bandwith sounds good lawl cause im about to use a ****ing ton

17. Post
    dex.insane wrote:
    As much as that reads like a template, its a good reply you got there. Straight up and honest.
    It could well be a template made for this very recent issue that they send to all customers. But it answers the question. I don't care if it's a template or not as long as it answers the question. What I really hate is where people send you answers that don't even relate to what you ask at all. *ahem* Xbox Support. But my days of playing games are dying out, and the Xbox is sold, so I won't have to endure that anymore, thankfully.

The time I dealt with Orcon over the phone, it was excellent. 5 second wait time, the guy on the phone was very helpful. He didn't use any sorts of templates (not like Xbox Support... "um can I please put you on hold while I 'pull up my resources?'"), just his brain. So I sent them another email commending their quality of service.

As a rule of thumb, if a company has outsourced their support overseas, it will be terrible. If it's based in New Zealand, and the support centre isn't understaffed and overworked (which was Telecom's situation, last time I used them), it will be very good.

Only way to find out is ring up the company in question and ask a made up question before you commit yourself

18. Post
    This should be in ISP Discussion.... It's not just a xnet forum you know

19. Post
    lol @ expecting isps to support xbox live.

20. Post
    just got off the phone after not being able top lay games from 5pm - 1am for the last 7 days and he told me it's to do with their international bandwidth or some crap and how there are still ppl on the zeroshock plan whoring it all lol

21. Post
    oh wow, , its happeneing again. comon :/

22. Post
    brookz wrote:
    just got off the phone after not being able top lay games from 5pm - 1am for the last 7 days and he told me it's to do with their international bandwidth or some crap and how there are still ppl on the zeroshock plan whoring it all lol
    I don't think there is any doubt that it is there international bandwidth that the problem as it has been the problem for the last 6-8 months but are they going to do anything about it or are they hoping to decrease the customer base to reduce this problem?

23. Post
    zapphod wrote:
    I don't think there is any doubt that it is there international bandwidth that the problem as it has been the problem for the last 6-8 months but are they going to do anything about it or are they hoping to decrease the customer base to reduce this problem?
    I dont see them advertising anywhere so they may be aware that having more than you can eat isnt better for everyone.

24. Post
    International is completely ****ed for us at the moment - can't login to WoW (had constant disconnects all day), MSN dropping, sites timing out.. it's horrible

25. Post
    yeah >.>