1. Post
    wally wrote:
    Their site lists that, my machine has been repaired and sent back, but I still haven't received an email. This has been the case since last Thursday.
    Im exactly like you!!

2. Post
    lil-luva-boi wrote:
    Im exactly like you!!
    got mime yesterday.

how do you know what they fixed.

3. Post
    not too sure aye and i still haven't recieved mine!!

4. Post
    Got mine back 2day WOOP

5. Post
    I got my 360 back. It had the one red light but it was out of warranty so I just said it had 3 red lights and they fixed it.

6. Post
    mine keeps overheating

two flashing quadrants on the left side of the ring....
    I turn my xbox on, play a game, and 5 minutes later - meltdown. every time.

called customer support and get the same bs, clear ventilation ports, let it cool down, keep it away from carpet, dust etc etc...

but regardless of the air temperature, every few minutes it breaks down again

7. Post
    So wtf, I sent my console in on the 26th and it's still saying "waiting for the console to be received". It's just going to somewherein Auckland.. it shouldn't take this long.

8. Post
    Magis wrote:
    So wtf, I sent my console in on the 26th and it's still saying "waiting for the console to be received". It's just going to somewherein Auckland.. it shouldn't take this long.
    Well I sent mine on the 29th and I still haven't had a reply either.

9. Post
    caleb1 wrote:
    Well I sent mine on the 29th and I still haven't had a reply either.
    They go to Australia.

Nobody told me about this.

10. Post
    is it really that bad? (as in getting RROD that often)? the newer consoles any better?

11. Post
    What about buying from the Warehouse? itsn't it easier (money back guarantee), I've asked there today and they told me they'd replace the console if it's within the first year

12. Post
    Overdrive_5000 wrote:
    My launch console has just had the RROD for the second time, don't know if it will still be under warranty ? Maybe I should just buy an elite are they more stable?
    Got the RROD today after owning it for over a year, and mine's an Elite console

13. Post
    AAAARRRGGGH just got the one ring of death last night(Error 74, red on bottom right hand corner) dammit just days before Gears 2 comes out!!!! can anyone tell me a quick fix for this please??? or does anyone know a number or place i can get this fixed pronto in the auckland manukau area???

14. Post
    Magis wrote:
    They go to Australia.

Nobody told me about this.
    The first post in this thread did...

15. Post
    My Launch 20Gb, died RRod after 2 years, so i think i got off pretty lucky. Are the newer consoles eg 60Gb, more reilable?

16. Post
    mines just rrod after 2 yrs

17. Post
    I was hit with RRoD the day after purchasing Farcry 2, which was Nov 5th. It happened almost exactly 1 year after purchase date. The lady I spoke to from the support center repeated my first name in every sentence she spoke which seemed a little artificial, but it was generally ok. I believe I posted my box on Nov 8 from Nelson, and no confirmation that it has been received. I feel a bit better now reading that the repair update process isn't super-reliable.

18. Post
    wow i just downloaded the manual on how to repair the red rings, it might have taken me 2 days but i fixed it just in time before gears came out 2.

19. Post
    Just hit my 3rd RROD console in as many years.

20. Post
    My launch console 3 RROD last Tuesday, 2 years 8 months since I originally got it.
    I'm just about to send it back for repair. A lot less shagging about not having to talk to India.

In the interim and since the DVD drive is a bit frakked and I want HDMI; I bought a $330 Xmas Arcade pack from EB games (they matched The Warehouse who was sold out).

The box is a lot quieter, especially with the NXE loading the game to the HDD (However now, 14GB of space means you can only really load one game to the HDD at a time).
    The HDMI is worth it as my VGA cable could'nt handle 1080p without flicker and the component just looks blurry in comparison.

The problem I ran into is the HDMI cable and AV with the optical won't both fit (I tried a bit of hack and slash'ery to fit both in but the picture defaults to the AV connector when they are both plugged in ); so you have to buy their bloody HDMI cable pack for $60, I already have a cable, just want the audio adaptor, but they don't seem to sell it separately. :mad:

21. Post
    Ok, so I got my 360 back. I live in Nelson and the process took 18 days, which seems to be about average at this point. One of the guys at EB mentioned that the repair/replacement turnaround was up at about 3 months at one point... screw that. The only problem now is that the illusion of my 360's imperviousness to harm has been shattered.

22. Post
    Bought Fable II. Played it for 20mins and BOOM! Console turns off and RROD.
    Restarted it and it seems to be working fine.

Does this mean it's on its way to RROD? It only got repaired from RROD 6 months ago and it looks like it's going to go again.

Just great...

23. Post
    Took mine into Harvey Norman (purchased it there 2 years ago or thereabouts) 5 weeks later after being told 3 weeks into it that it would be ready in 2 weeks they tell me sorry we have lost it!!!.
    So i spewed my ring at them and got a brand new 360 with a 60 gig h/d my old one is only 20 and i still have it lol also i got an HDMI port now too w00t!!

24. Post
    The Defragger wrote:
    Bought Fable II. Played it for 20mins and BOOM! Console turns off and RROD.
    Restarted it and it seems to be working fine.

Does this mean it's on its way to RROD? It only got repaired from RROD 6 months ago and it looks like it's going to go again.

Just great...
    Maybe, I get this occasionally. Have had it probably twice - three times in the past year. Usually it seems as if its from a power surge or something. So not sure its the same RROD...

25. Post
    Hey - question, anyone used the online booking-in for repair process without hassle?