Random Crap Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 11,526 to 11,531 of 11531

1. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    There is no excuse for speeding through posted roadworks areas. I usually create a rolling roadblock by doing the reduced speed, unlike everyone else around me who insist on tailgating to try and push me faster.

There was a guy killed recently due to some asshat hitting him in a roadworks zone, all because he was too cool to slow down.
    MarksoN wrote:
    On the flip side don't leave the ****ing road works signs up for months after anyone has been on site
    Shit drives me bonkers
    I agree with both of these. I worked for a major roading contractor a while back, and did a fair bit of work on road sites, so I stick to the limits if there's anyone actually working. In some cases they'll have lower limits to bed in chip seal or whatever, but when they **** off for the weekend and leave the 30k signs up, my care factor drops precipitously.

What also shits me is when a formerly 100k stretch of road is to be upgraded, and gets cut to a 70 or 80k limit for months before they even start work on it, or there's a new road going in on the other side of a concrete ****ing barrier, there's no reason for a 50k limit.

My former employers were aware of this issue, and would mention it in tailgates, but nothing much ever got done. It's all about lip service in that industry.

2. Post
    When its clear there is no reason for the limit, nfg from me, but i'll never go 40kph because robocops have been known to revoke licenses. A simple cover over the signs on the ends isnt hard, ive seen it done before on the rare occasion.

3. Post
    Thinking about putting a central locking kit into my mx5. Has anyone here used a specific kit they could recommend or are they all pretty much the same? One with boot release would be nice!

4. Post
    Just bought a car with really nice wheels, but have parking scuffs on all of them. What are my options for fixing them up?

5. Post
    Gamblor wrote:
    Just bought a car with really nice wheels, but have parking scuffs on all of them. What are my options for fixing them up?
    Have a wheel company fix it such as wheelfixit or do it yourself with putty and paint.

6. Post
    Thanks that's what I was looking for. Although I'm not sure it's worth ~$1k to get them fixed up.