Random Crap Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 11,551 to 11,575 of 11675

1. Post
    I took the Maxima in to get it quickly plugged in for a little scanny scan.

Next thing, they've spent two hours isolating the fault to a fault in the instrument cluster.

"Fair enough," I say, "the fuel gauge doesn't work either."
    "ohhhhhh. Yeah, that would make sense."

Getting it fixed is only slightly more expensive than getting one from a wrecker, so **** it. They estimated quite a lot of money to pull the cluster, send it off for repair, and refitting. I know how to work a screwdriver though, so I'll at least do the easy bit.

2. Post
    Wife's been using my car alot lately for doing the usual stuff and I hadn't driven it for awhile so when I did I had it in sport# mode. Wife called me this morning and said something is wrong with the car it's going way faster then usual and it's revving higher haha.

3. Post
    Verrry quick question, I know that O2 and wideband sensors dont like leaded fuel, what about Valvemaster and related fuel additives?

The old man was musing about getting an O2 sensor and gauge put in the Pacer to help tune the carb, I was thinking of getting him one as a birthday present, but it takes valvemaster in the fuel, will that wreck an O2 sensor? goggle brings up nothing surprisingly

4. Post
    https://www.penriteoil.com.au/products/valve-shield#/

is safe for use in vehicles fitted with catalytic converters and oxygen sensors.
    it musn't have actual lead in it perhaps??

5. Post
    Anyone got good tips for removing oil stains from driveway?

6. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    Anyone got good tips for removing oil stains from driveway?
    I've had good success with using paint thinners then scrubbing it

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

7. Post
    Brake cleaner works pretty well.

8. Post
    Workshop degreaser. Pour. Scrub scrub scrub. Hose. Depends how porous surface is though.

9. Post
    Soak it in simple green concentrate, if you're real lazy and there's rain about it'll clear itself eventually. otherwise get a scrubbing brush

10. Post
    What is the driveway? I have used washing powder, wet then scrubbed, rinse and repeat a few times. This was on coated concrete though. Plain concrete will require more work. Asphalt, good luck.

11. Post
    Considering new clutches for the V35 Skyline as the current one is pretty rough. Is a single mass flywheel a huge nono on these cars? I've heard some people saying 350z's get terribly noisy with them and there's a risk of ruining the gearbox.

12. Post
    So Welly has a Waitomo opening up today, my question is this.
    Is the petrol of the same quality as you buy elsewhere ?
    People I have talked to say that they use very cheap additives and this is one of the ways they reduce cost.
    Sounds like bs to me ?

13. Post
    mmario wrote:
    So Welly has a Waitomo opening up today, my question is this.
    Is the petrol of the same quality as you buy elsewhere ?
    People I have talked to say that they use very cheap additives and this is one of the ways they reduce cost.
    Sounds like bs to me ?
    Aren't they similar to Gull in the fact they don't have nearly as many overheads and just pass on the savings?

14. Post
    Yeah i think it's like some kind of ethanol blend like Gull's, and they don't do 98 octane.

15. Post
    I've used the upper hutt waitomo a few times with no obvious issues in the daily.

16. Post
    We have NPD in the south island everyone claims is crap too,

but it's 20c cheaper than 98 at BP for 100... So I've just been using that since I don't fill my car up enough to gain AA discounts.

17. Post
    Thoughts on Hankook K415's for my MILs 2010 honda jazz? She needs two 185/55/R15's. Sees mainly city driving and occasionally goes rural.
    The tyre shop that did my michelin PS4's recommended them but I don't really know hankooks. TIA

18. Post
    I always use self serve fuel down here, in and out so much quicker and cheaper fuel by a mile. I wouldn't read too much into "the fuel is shit" as they do truck stops too. I just don't think truck drivers would be using them if it was rubbish. Probably just propaganda from other fuel resellers. I did wonder what the 100 fuel was made up of though. 95 and diesel is all I need though, so didn't look into it.

As for the K415's, I can't comment on mileage life of them as only got them in March. But we have some on a Toyota Blade 205/55/16 and they seem fine. Should be more than adequate for an A -> B car. They can't be too bad as i've dealt with the same tyre guys for years so trust their recommendations. I basically just say I want decent tyres that won't be shit in the rain, put some on that suit.

19. Post
    Yeah Hankook are fine.

20. Post
    Im glad we have a NPD down here with a 100 pump

Trouble is the same pump also does 91 and diesel so even if you show up at 2am there is garunteed to be some freedom camping halfwit hogging the single pump I want to use, to pump diesel, while the other 5 diesel pumps are a ghost town

21. Post
    It's stupid anyone with a big diesel using an NPD on the combined pump because the other diesel only pumps are high-flows... NPD Green Island has at least 4 100 pumps which is mint.

22. Post
    currently working on a e46 m3 bmw convertible which is semi automatic, never seen one of these before pretty cool car.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66845418_476519289771011_930479397385797632_n.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	226740

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67133030_2360937090628700_4287692540523577344_n.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	226741

23. Post
    Managed to pickup some second hand ryobi one+ stuff but its definitely well used. Wondering if anyone has any good tips for cleaning them up a bit? Stains on the rubbers etc.

Also some of it I won't need so if anyone has ryobi one+ stuff and is after an extra battery or maybe a charger let me know

24. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    Managed to pickup some second hand ryobi one+ stuff but its definitely well used. Wondering if anyone has any good tips for cleaning them up a bit? Stains on the rubbers etc.

Also some of it I won't need so if anyone has ryobi one+ stuff and is after an extra battery or maybe a charger let me know
    what size battery? i use the one+ at home

25. Post
    Saw a new silver Supra rolling around Takapuna today. Didn't think they were on sale yet.