Random Crap Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 11,776 to 11,800 of 11863

1. Post
    Finished work early, and heading home almost got taken out by a dude running from Police during a high speed pursuit. Coming up to a roundabout (Wairere, by the Wayward Pigeon), no one behind me, then a split second later caught a flash in my mirror of a car flashing it's lights - pulled off to the side and he f**king flew between the two lanes of traffic, would have taken me out if I hadn't been so quick to react.

Moment later, 3 cop cars come hooning through, full lights and sirens. Exciting!

Was an old school very square Maserati, think it said bi-turbo on the back. Any ideas what it might have been? Anyone here?, lol

2. Post
    Being an old Maserati he wouldn't have got very far.

3. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Being an old Maserati he wouldn't have got very far.
    Lol

4. Post
    Yeah I don't think he did, was talk on the local FB page of cops going in various directions, presumably to lay spikes. Assuming he didn't lose it first or had the car crap out on him!

5. Post
    Maserati Biturbo?

Probably wasn't stolen, just an owner with warning light rage.

6. Post
    Could be a Ghibli also..

Cool old Maserati's GO:

Ghibli Primatist

this is also a bit of a deal:
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...5e1d3de959-006

7. Post
    ^ TradeMe deal looks pretty good! Nice looking wagon.

AnotherLeon wrote:
    Maserati Biturbo?

Probably wasn't stolen, just an owner with warning light rage.
    Yeah that's what it was. Thought the bi-turbo badge was just advertising what was under the bonnet rather than the actual model. Specs on it don't seen that great.

8. Post
    Theres a 2005 Maserati Quattroporte $1 reserve on TM. Up to $9k with 3 hours to go.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...2370442261.htm

9. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Theres a 2005 Maserati Quattroporte $1 reserve on TM. Up to $9k with 3 hours to go.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...2370442261.htm
    seems like a bad idea

10. Post
    sold for 16.5k lot of car for the coin but yeah

11. Post
    If you treat the thing as disposable, then you will probably be OK. If you want to maintain it and fix any potential issues then run fast and run far.

You can also see the poor quality interior materials that Maserati used as that example shows filthy leather and worn/sticky patches everywhere.

Another 5 grand and you can have my M5

12. Post
    10 foot pole would be the minimum with an old Maser like that. By all accounts they were almost completely unreliable new, so I doubt age has helped them.
    One of the Mini car club big noters had one, and from what I could tell, it didn't tend to work all that often

13. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    If you treat the thing as disposable, then you will probably be OK. If you want to maintain it and fix any potential issues then run fast and run far.

You can also see the poor quality interior materials that Maserati used as that example shows filthy leather and worn/sticky patches everywhere.

Another 5 grand and you can have my M5
    Is your M5 on TM?

14. Post
    Not yet, will put it up in the very near future. It's listed on bimmersport though:

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/62647-2006-m5/

15. Post

16. Post
    I vividly remember the absolute rage that those license tests would cause 11 year old me lol

17. Post
    Caught up with some GPers at Taupo last weekend.

18. Post
    Sad i missed out on that day, i just didnt get time to get my car prepped.
    Not sad i didnt miss out on that heat though, everyone i know that went said it was one of the hottest days they have had there.

Quick critique of your video, make your voice over a little louder, there is a massive difference in volume from you speaking to the music playing overtop.

19. Post
    I did mean to bump the music back a bit more. The voice recording is already cranked up a fair bit. The difference is way more dramatic on Youtube than it was in Premiere

20. Post
    I enjoyed watching that! Who ran that day? Man I need a track ready car so bad

21. Post
    I'm honestly not sure. It was a private track day that GP user Roadskin invited me to on FB.

22. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    I enjoyed watching that! Who ran that day? Man I need a track ready car so bad
    Nick Chiew ran the day.

23. Post
    Anyone used wipertech.co.nz for wiper blades?

24. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Anyone used wipertech.co.nz for wiper blades?
    Used them for my BMW. They were good for 6months, but started streaking. They sent some replacements and streaked again unfortunately. Support was easy and delivery was pretty quick.

I've since replaced the fronts with Bosch blades, but the rear is wipertech and is still going strong.

25. Post
    Simon,

My Integra will be for sale later this week, if you're interested.