Random Crap Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 11,751 to 11,766 of 11766

1. Post
    Attempted to get a wheel alignment yesterday but the shop said they couldn't turn the toe 'eccentric' bolts, anyone else had this issue before? The car has been sitting quite a long time and a bunch of the other bolts were well seized up, but I had a wheel alignment not long ago without issue.

2. Post
    I got my hands on a Nismo Leaf. It just oozes racing pedigree

3. Post
    Nismo is basically just a trim these days. Make Nismo great again. Then again Nissan actually needs to make an affordable sports car again. RIP 370Z, not that it was overly interesting in any case.

4. Post
    They have gotten better in recent years but they did tickle the march/micra a bit in the previous gen and made some significant styling changes to the car, there was a point in time where all they had to do was put a red stipe on and it'd get a nismo badge or in the case of autech a tank of gas and a sticker on a ****ing tiida

5. Post
    Haha, saw Nismo and Autech versions of a few things at Nissan HQ Yokohama.
    Serena van, Tiida, Leaf and something else quite low on the excitement scale were all there lined up.
    They looked far better than the originals but it looked like it was a body kit and some wheels and maybe some interior stuff was all that was different

6. Post
    Scotty, eh

7. Post
    Kiwis 1st and 2nd. Awesome result!

8. Post
    I was considering getting an electric car in a few years times, but this report about AU$33,000 for a new battery pack for a car gives me pause for thought, considering he bought the car new for AU$53,000.

How do we know how well a manufacturer has designed their electric cars, to avoid the design faults found in this example? Most people are not electrical car engineers and will not know whether are car has been well designed.

Considering the majority of car buyers in New Zealand (and probably elsewhere) buy 2nd hand cars as well, this does not bode well for the future uptake of electric cars.

9. Post
    Outlander PHEV batteries still retail for about $22k too. Batteries ain't cheap.

10. Post
    Accord to this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMWjDU4J1kE&

Japan are doing battery replacements for the equivalent of AU$4,000 their Nissan Leafs. It seems as if we are getting shafted.

11. Post
    Realistically it isn't worth replacing the pack on an old Leaf - once it no longer meets your range requirements then it makes sense to sell it to someone who doesn't need a lot of range.

It becomes much less of a problem with a more modern EV that starts off with a larger battery pack - if a Kona can do 400km brand new then even significantly degraded it'll still have useful range unlike an early Leaf which started off at something like 117km (so if that's down to 69% like mine then that's down to 80 or so KMs).

As for buying new I guess you need to understand exactly what the battery capacity warranty covers - the Hyundai's are generally ten years but you'd need to get them to commit in writing to exactly what level of degradation they'll cover over that time.

12. Post
    Note: Nobody actually pays that much for a battery, so you could probably calm the farm a lot

It's a hysteria level video, to get clicks. You'll find is super popular to be shared by people who hate electric cars, and will probably still continue to be shared by them 10 years from now.

13. Post
    Disinfo wrote:
    Realistically it isn't worth replacing the pack on an old Leaf - once it no longer meets your range requirements then it makes sense to sell it to someone who doesn't need a lot of range.
    Well if Japan gets it done for $4,000 and they charge $10,000 here then I agree. Why cant we get it done for similar price to Japan, plus freight?

14. Post
    You can't think of any reason why costs in NZ aren't the same as MUCH larger markets?

15. Post
    In a perfect world, I'd like a Leaf, but with Tesla batteries, for better life / range / cooling. An impossible (at a reasonable cost) dream I know.

But I like the boring of the Leaf for just my commuter weapon, but it'd also be nice to have a car with several hundred km range, so that I could use it for more tripping, rather than just commuting.

Other markets have the "Leaf Plus" in the new model, with a big battery pack and engine. But by all accounts, they're so expensive new that you're paying a reasonable % of the cost of a lower end Tesla. Though they might depreciate down to a more realistic price.
    62kw battery versus 40kw standard (or compared to my old Leaf, 24kw).

16. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Well if Japan gets it done for $4,000 and they charge $10,000 here then I agree. Why cant we get it done for similar price to Japan, plus freight?
    That’s a heavily subsidised price. What incentive is there for Nissan to do the same on old cars that were imported here for peanuts?