Random Crap Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 11,951 to 11,975 of 12009

1. Post
    I run 91 in my mower but only with NAWS Octane booster

2. Post
    Maybe I should plane down the flathead on the old B&S mower, bump up that CR to make the most of the NPD 100 stuff cause I just fill the car and the petrol tin at the same time

3. Post
    Real men run av gas in their lawn mowers

4. Post
    I remember people running the Mitsubishi Galant GDIs on 91 and wondering why it felt gutless and then after they changed to 95/98 it ran really well. So there must be a lot of people who just run the cheapest without even knowing.

5. Post
    My parents are pretty bad for it, but I'm slowly getting them trained to picking up the 95 pump, trouble is they genuinely think its ok to use 91 in their VTAK 11:1 CR Torneo cause "it sounds and drives fine" - that being the trouble, they literally cant hear the engine pinging like its full of hammers, while im sitting in the passenger seat reeling from mechanical grief, and they cant feel it pull timing and fall flat on its face as it desperately tries to correct for the low octane fuel, or rather, they feel it, and assume its normal

I always fill it with 100 when I take it away and service it\use it and they always tell me how much more chirpy it seems to be, then the next tank is 91 and its all terrible driving again, ill keep pestering them till they change

6. Post
    As we've witnessed around here, old people will never change.

7. Post
    the price jump between 91 and 98 is so eye watering, I reckon now I might almost be shopping by required octane rating (for daily driver anyway).

8. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    the price jump between 91 and 98 is so eye watering, I reckon now I might almost be shopping by required octane rating (for daily driver anyway).
    There's a Gull in Petone now which is great.

9. Post
    Hopefully that is something they will actually work on like they said they would when they did the inquiry into fuel pricing. The +50c per litre difference is bullshit

10. Post
    han16 wrote:
    Yep the CX5's and CX9's all recommend 91 from work, including the turbos.
    Talking current models? Pretty sure parents petrol cx5 has two power figures depending on fuel used. Flex fuel maybe? Might just be E10 that runs a different fuel map, I didn't dig into it. The recommend 91 or higher including E10, not necessarily 91. I imagine it runs nicer on the better fuel map.

Guess when you overspend on a car you have to cut corners somewhere, why not have it be the dino juice lol.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 21st January 2020 at 10:50 pm.

11. Post
    It's only BP that have the ridiculous price bump for 98. Mobil and Gull 98 are much more reasonable.

12. Post
    Yep current models. The 2.0 is gutless whichever fuel it gets, it might make more of a difference in the 2.5L Turbo.

13. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    It's only BP that have the ridiculous price bump for 98. Mobil and Gull 98 are much more reasonable.
    So I'm not the only one that notices, a lot of the Euro club guys swear by BP for no particular reason. They ****ing ream 98 users at the pump, good marketing perhaps?

I'll only ever go to BP for their coffee's / food, 91 isn't too bad at times but I guess when you advertise your price on the road its not as easy to try and gouge people.

14. Post
    I've started using gaspy and there was a 40c difference /L for 95 fuel between caltex and BP.

15. Post
    Aren't Mobil and gull 98 both e10 blends? That'd be why BP is better.

16. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    Aren't Mobil and gull 98 both e10 blends? That'd be why BP is better.
    I thought it was just Gull that use ethanol? - normally go with Mobil, but don't care, just want what's best for the car, so will shop elsewhere and pay more if Mobil do use e10.

17. Post
    Mobil Supreme+ 98 safety data sheet says 99% gasoline.

18. Post
    Yeah. The new Supreme+ seems to be good, whereas the old Synergy 9000 definitely wasn't with my Skyline.

19. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    Mobil Supreme+ 98 safety data sheet says 99% gasoline.
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    Yeah. The new Supreme+ seems to be good, whereas the old Synergy 9000 definitely wasn't with my Skyline.
    Sweet, thanks guys.

20. Post
    Synergy 98 used to make for good flames in my Skyline on a cold night.

21. Post
    The avgas I used to chuck in when I went to Meremere was also ****ing fantastic for that too

22. Post
    Anyone run Nexen/Roadstone N8000 tires? They seem to review pretty well on tyrereviews.co.uk but thought Id ask here. Hyper have BOGO on roadstones so a full set for 670 seems like a steal!

23. Post
    I ran Nexen SU1's on my Turbo FG and they were fine.

I put 91 in the PHEV

it has a ****ing huge sticker saying "USE 91 OCTANE" inside the fuel flap.

i'm sad inside the charging flap it doesn't say "USE ELECTRICITY"

24. Post
    antil33t wrote:
    I ran Nexen SU1's on my Turbo FG and they were fine.

I put 91 in the PHEV

it has a ****ing huge sticker saying "USE 91 OCTANE" inside the fuel flap.

i'm sad inside the charging flap it doesn't say "USE ELECTRICITY"
    It will, one day, after some irredeemable ****wit destroys one trying to recharge it with a ham sandwich and then moans to the papers when warranty wont cover ham sandwich related damage

25. Post
    ^ Ham sandwich! Shit that got a great lol out of me.

I'm running Nexen Nfera AU5 tyres on the Volvo. They came with it when I bought it in November 2018 (thanks capriv8!), and whilst I don't know where they sit in the range, top end or budget end, they have been fine. In fact, they are wearing incredibly well.