Random Crap Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 11,376 to 11,397 of 11397

1. Post
    Unless you are pushing it past it's limits you aren't going to notice a difference.

2. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    I have one small regret with my BMW 330i compared to my 'Porsche' VR4. It is rear wheel drive and after 30 years of driving front wheel and then four-wheel drive, I do feel less confident in rear-wheel driving. I am considering doing an advanced driving course one day, that will improve my confidence in my BMW 330i.
    Weird. How did you even notice the difference?
    I've been driving primarily pretty fast cars for the last few years and they have mostly or all been awd Subarus and now I'm in a RWD 2jz I haven't even noticed the difference. Unless I actually drive it hard which I very very rarely do.

3. Post
    The main problem is in the wet, where it does not seem to have the same road holding and the rear feels a bit looser

4. Post
    Sounds like driver error.

Sent from my M6 Note using Tapatalk

5. Post
    Do some driver training stuff, that way, the rear end (of the car) feeling a bit loose is a feature not a fault.

6. Post
    Coffeeshop wrote:
    Sounds like driver error.
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    Do some driver training stuff, that way, the rear end (of the car) feeling a bit loose is a feature not a fault.
    Yeah ,,, that is what I am thinking.

7. Post
    I've only skim read, but if you haven't put good rubber on the car, look into doing that too . Makes the world of difference.

I had a V8 transplanted Altezza (rear drive also) and in the rain I could light the back up at 100k on the Bridgestone MY02's that came with the car. Put the Dunlop Z2's on it, and it was a different car.

8. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    The main problem is in the wet, where it does not seem to have the same road holding and the rear feels a bit looser
    Try having a modded and tuned 335i, that thing was lairy as hell wet or dry. Not gonna lie, was kinda fun going down wet onramps slightly sideways.

9. Post
    Protip

Accelerators, brake pedals, and steering wheels are not switches that are either on, or off.

10. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    I've only skim read, but if you haven't put good rubber on the car, look into doing that too . Makes the world of difference.

I had a V8 transplanted Altezza (rear drive also) and in the rain I could light the back up at 100k on the Bridgestone MY02's that came with the car. Put the Dunlop Z2's on it, and it was a different car.
    I have Bridgestone Potenzas 255s on the rear and 225s on the fronts
    Triple_S wrote:
    Try having a modded and tuned 335i, that thing was lairy as hell wet or dry. Not gonna lie, was kinda fun going down wet onramps slightly sideways.
    This is the skills I want to develop.

Looking at Advanced Driving courses for wet and skid and it seems only aimed at groups

11. Post
    Anyone ever had a Toyota Mark X or a Toyota Crown? Just found some cancer on one of my cars that is too much to fix. Won't pass it's next safety inspection.

Looking at around a 2010 model. Replacing a Toyota Mark II. Next safety inspection isn't until next year so starting the search early. Cheers for your input.

12. Post
    Today i booked the new petrol Rav4 and Tiguan for a test drive back to back and here are my thoughts:

On city roads i could not feel a difference at all (do all SUV's drive like this?)
    On the motorway the Rav4 feels surprisingly quicker when i have to overtake someone. I found the Tiguan has a lot of turbo lag or something when you floor it at around 90k's.
    The Tiguan feels a bit heavier and sturdier but it might be different for the hybrid.
    The Tiguan has a little bit less wind noise and engine is way quieter.
    Tiguan entertainment system is way ahead of Toyota's. Please Toyota just put CarPlay and AA! (Sidenote: the VW volume knob and the how the power icon doesn't stay straight annoys me more than it should)
    I like the Rav4 design better, everything looks like it suits the car and i don't mind the wheel arches, although i wish it was a bit smaller lol.
    Seating position and ergonomics in the Rav4 is better for short me and having the Nav screen in my FOV works better than having to look down like in the Tiguan.
    The brake lights on the Rav4 are tiny!!! but thankfully the high mount brake is really bright.

Overall i would choose the Limited Rav4 over the Tiguan. TNZ didn't have any bi-colour ones in their show floor but said they might get some. My pick is the black roof/blue or silver.

13. Post
    #grossboringcars #getawagon

14. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    I have Bridgestone Potenzas 255s on the rear and 225s on the frontsThis is the skills I want to develop.

Looking at Advanced Driving courses for wet and skid and it seems only aimed at groups
    Just goto a track day. Put some Michelin PS4's on next time or try the new S007A. RE00X were never that great, RE050A and S001's were better but id still take the PS4's, very good in the wet.

15. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Probably not directly comparable as my car has significant upgrades with suspension etc but I found going to a RWD again was just as good if not better at taking corners well in wet or dry then my also modified awds.

I also don't have spectacular tyres on it just some good ride POS ones but it handle amazingly.

16. Post
    For various reasons I need a larger, cheaper, automatic transmission car to replace my Mazda 3.

Looks like the highest trim of the previous shape Ecoboost Mondeo is good value second hand and has pretty much all the comfort and safety features I'd be looking for. What does the GP hive mind know about reliability esp concerning the DCT?

17. Post
    If its anything like the DCT in the Focus, run the hell away. Horrifically unreliable.

18. Post
    Different box (wet vs dry clutch) but yeah that puts me off.

19. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Probably not directly comparable as my car has significant upgrades with suspension etc but I found going to a RWD again was just as good if not better at taking corners well in wet or dry then my also modified awds.

I also don't have spectacular tyres on it just some good ride POS ones but it handle amazingly.
    I do think my problem is more of a perception issue, as opposed to actual handling. Maybe some track work might be in order at a later date. That been said, I have hardly taken it out on the open road, due to my current commitments to looking after my wife and her cancer treatment. 95% of driving has been on suburban streets, which are not known for good surfaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Post
    I must admit that none of my BMWs have inspired as much confidence as my old Legacy 3.0R, and not because of 4wd.

It did have crazy money Prova suspension in it though. I am super tempted to ditch the standard M5 suspension for some BC golds. It could probably use new tyres as well, but the whole thing is a 5 grand exercise.

21. Post
    Check out Fortune Auto gear too, MRP sells their gear, not sure how many models. Is on my list, when I have money...

22. Post
    Pricing doesn't seem terrible, but BC is pretty darn cheap.

KW get solid reviews, but are fair chunk of coin for the fully adjustable V3.