Random Crap Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 11,726 to 11,750 of 11766

1. Post
    WOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOO

2. Post
    After so much deliberation between the wife and I, test driving a tonne of suvs and none really grabbing us. We decided to look at an outlander and decided on the spot to buy it after driving it and checking it over. Ended up selling the Subaru and using this as the family wagon/ tow wagon.

It been a few weeks since picking it up from Christchurch and all I've done is a fluid change and cleaned it.

Was the best suv we could find in our price range and the one we both liked.
    Cvt box is glorious

So it's duty now is to pull my toys behind it until we sell the wife's car and I'll buy a new bike for my daily.

Just picked this thing on the back up this morning too. God damn its fun

3. Post
    You still got that CX500T kicking around ludez?

4. Post
    Osiry wrote:
    You still got that CX500T kicking around ludez?
    Yep she's in storage still

5. Post
    Cool, let us know what you have next week.

6. Post
    I don't really even own a vehicle now . So I might have something next week, depends

7. Post
    I have the v6 one and it has no CVT

8. Post
    Has anyone purchased headlight light bulbs (normal halogen, not dodgy LED conversions) from Wish/Ali etc? I've ordered a couple out of curiousity for the Toyota Schitz, cos if that burns to the ground, it's no major loss.

9. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    We did actually look at a v6 one but didn't really like the way it drived.

10. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    Has anyone purchased headlight light bulbs (normal halogen, not dodgy LED conversions) from Wish/Ali etc? I've ordered a couple out of curiousity for the Toyota Schitz, cos if that burns to the ground, it's no major loss.
    Heaps from Ali, as well as LEDs. Bulbs went fine, no fires.

11. Post
    Over the weekend I came into possession of two kids motorbikes. Typical 49cc Chinese stuff. Got one going, then two more popped up and I got those as well. Spent today basically stripping to bare frame and redoing them. Made two great little bikes for the kids to zip around on. Used a bunch of cr parts I had laying about.

The quad even pulls me around well

12. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    I have a PHEV and it doesn't have a transmission

13. Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Bride/Recaro type seat rails?

I have some RB type rails, basically they have a welded bit where the seatbelt attaches to, but this is welded on top of the rail where it rests against the seat.

As a result, this means that one side of the rail has some 'clearance' between the rail and the bottom of the seat where it screws in because it doesn't sit completely flush.

Am I meant to bolt in one side with a bit of a gap between the seat and rail that is created by the circled seatbelt attachment?

The other side of the rail does not have this, so the entire length sits flush with the seat base

14. Post
    In fairness, when speaking to a certifier, they really don't like aftermarket rails where the seatbelt attaches to them. It was recommended to me to bolt the seatbelt through the floor with plates.

15. Post
    Yeah that's what I plan to do, but that attachment doesn't come off the rail or anything like that so it's just going to be there.

It's more the fact that one side sits slightly higher/not completely flush with the base of the seat due to it, which makes bolting it in a bit weird. I'm assuming it's by design and you're meant to slowly torque each bolt on either side of the notch (leaving a bit of daylight around it), shame the instructions are all in Japanese

16. Post
    Normally a bracket mounts to rails
    You are doing what I did and mounted the seat to the rails

17. Post

Instructions seem to imply it just bolts straight onto the bottom of the seat, I've got it all bolted on but there's just a bit of daylight between the rail and seat where the back-end bolt goes through to connect them (far right bolt in the picture)

18. Post
    correct they do fit
    but like you said, **** all room and the driving position will be terrible

19. Post
    Right, that's for a bucket type seat arrangement. Mine are just bottom mounting recaro seats

I've already got the drivers side in using a different rail (recaro rail I sourced from Japan), this is for the passenger side. The seating position on the drivers side is good - very similar to stock but about 40mm lower but the recaro rails use a slightly different design.

20. Post
    It'll come off with an angle grinder

21. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    In fairness, when speaking to a certifier, they really don't like aftermarket rails where the seatbelt attaches to them. It was recommended to me to bolt the seatbelt through the floor with plates.
    it's not so much recommended as it is mandatory unless the rail has calcs to demonstrate that it's good enough to support the required force of a crash.

So far the response from suppliers has been resounding silence, after their initial outbursts of "we can get all the calculations", which then turned into "but it must be good because they're built somewhere by someone". Lol's.

NB: Genuine Recaro runners have been ok'd. As compared to Recaro look-alikes. So far Bride rail enquiries have produced no numbers.

22. Post
    antil33t wrote:
    Maybe newer are different but the ones I've worked on have 2 transmissions and 3 motors

- - - Updated - - -

antil33t wrote:
    Maybe newer are different but the ones I've worked on have 2 transmissions and 3 motors

23. Post
    Speaking of seat legalities, whats the go with floor mounting without rails? I've got a set of Mazdaspeed seats that have built-in sliders and the seatbelt attached to the seat, hard as **** to find any mounts for them plus they sit you too high anyway.

If bolted to the floor they'd still be able to move back and forwards on the sliders and be belted in. I've read the LVVTA docs but can't seem to figure from that 100% if my situation is passable. I'm thinking I can floor mount but it needs a certain mm thickness of steel plates to be bolted to?

24. Post
    JRS wrote:
    2 60kw electric motors; a heavily detuned 4b11 and a GKN eDrive which has a wet clutch that can use the motor to drive the front wheels only at higher speed. It’s not like a Toyota hybrid which has a CVT as well as being a hybrid. The outlander actually can’t drive from stationary on its ICE alone. Usually it rolls around in Parallel Hybrid mode where the engine just generates for the electric drive to work.

25. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Speaking of seat legalities, whats the go with floor mounting without rails? I've got a set of Mazdaspeed seats that have built-in sliders and the seatbelt attached to the seat, hard as **** to find any mounts for them plus they sit you too high anyway.

If bolted to the floor they'd still be able to move back and forwards on the sliders and be belted in. I've read the LVVTA docs but can't seem to figure from that 100% if my situation is passable. I'm thinking I can floor mount but it needs a certain mm thickness of steel plates to be bolted to?
    Yeah, you need basically doubler plates for the seat if I am understanding you correctly.

The seatbelt will need to be relocated to the trans tunnel, also on doubler plates, if the belt is on the same mounting as the seat.

Not the same actual plates obviously

https://lvvta.org.nz/documents/stand...Anchorages.pdf

Look for "unstressed seat" specs, within the document above, for your seat plate specs.