Random Crap Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 10,976 to 11,000 of 11552

1. Post
    Also, wouldn't they regularly get screwed over by the CGA? Seems like a strange business model lol.

2. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Test drove a 04' 3,0R Legacy today and enjoyed it. Any certain issues I should be looking for before I grab it?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...cfc4a8379f1520
    Run like the wind. If the car is any good, it will be purely co-incidence. Dumping ground yard.

- - - Updated - - -

Galent wrote:
    Also, wouldn't they regularly get screwed over by the CGA? Seems like a strange business model lol.
    Yes, to both of those comments.

3. Post
    I'll avoid it. Hopefully another one comes up.

4. Post
    So went for a blat in a f430 at Hampton Downs, bit rainy so had the car in wet driving mode. Pretty fun considering Ive never been in such a car so was quiet cautious around corners but on the straight wasnt nearly as fast as I thought it would be, dont suppose the wet mode helped with that. Notes: Wow are the accelerator and brake close together. Secondly, for such a performance based car. the transitioning between gears is extremely rough and slow. Wet weather delays meant couldnt get a drive in the Lotus, but theres next time for that.

5. Post
    Usually these things are full of rust. I wish I had my DSLR. This thing looked like it had been properly rebuilt with metal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47270464_10161219189985603_7993787427598630912_n.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	224201

Name:	47423855_10161219190035603_8687328906786635776_n.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	224202

Name:	47573220_10161219190020603_7281280558242463744_o.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	403.6 KB 
ID:	224203

6. Post
    those wheels though... arggh

7. Post
    Yup. Definitely not what I'd be doing if I owned an old Civic.

8. Post
    Does anyone have recommendations for service places around Central Auckland for a Jeep Grand Cherokee?

9. Post
    Has anyone toyed with PGM-CARB powered hondas?

Friends building one up as a Youth saloon for his sister, have been employed to help.

Currently running it with no ECU at all lol. Seems to run fine as it'll just be a full throttle car anyway.

10. Post
    Gamblor wrote:
    Does anyone have recommendations for service places around Central Auckland for a Jeep Grand Cherokee?
    General service? Midas on Great North Road get decent reviews. My sister took her BMW there and they didnít rip her off. No personal experience however.

11. Post
    Seems like we will have to compete with Australia for japanese imports in the coming years.

12. Post
    hi guys,
    Any recommendations for ceramic tint in Christchurch?

I got some pretty decent quotes back from FM7, anyone used them before?

TIA

13. Post
    gpig wrote:
    Seems like we will have to compete with Australia for japanese imports in the coming years.

yeah but with imported JDM cars being super expensive i don't think it's worth it tbh (meme economy and drift tax)

14. Post
    HibikiAmawa wrote:
    yeah but with imported JDM cars being super expensive i don't think it's worth it tbh (meme economy and drift tax)
    If you had ever lived in NZ, you would know that Japanese imports are in fact quite cheap.

15. Post
    HibikiAmawa wrote:
    Not really. You can buy almost brand-new cars from Japan cheaper than you can get one here new in NZ. However, this is not always the case as its cheaper to buy a Yaris/Vitz here new here than to import it. The catch is you have to find cars for export market so you won't get charged with taxes. It isn't easy to buy cars direct from the dealer, as there are local taxes from government, and city council, and dealer margin that are included in the price which makes them expensive.

16. Post
    I'm likely going to buy a car soon that is registered in a wife's name but she isn't in NZ so I have been dealing with the husband. The situation seems unsual but I know where he lives and works so I'm reasonably confident he's not dodgy. But I want to make sure I cover myself legally. I.e. if I send money to husband's bank account is that ok? Car jam only tells me it's registered to a female so I don't know 100% who legally owns the car currently.

17. Post
    Receipts all of the things, paper all of the things. Still isn't ideal, but is probably your best option if you wanted to go ahead regardless of your concerns.

18. Post
    If you know the womans name you can use carjam to do a free ownership check, which will confirm if its owned by her or not.

19. Post
    Find her social media and send her a dick pic ... err, a message, asking if it’s legit.

20. Post
    PM mutton for dick pics to send her

21. Post
    One of the reasons why we accept diversity so well here in NZ explained with cars

22. Post
    ^ His mispronunciations of the imports he was naming really triggered me! It’s not a Winroad, it’s WinGroad!

Otherwise yes, our vehicle fleet is as diverse as the people who drive it.

23. Post
    Its like he intentionally ****ed the names up.... almost all of them are wrong.

24. Post
    I want to throat punch him

25. Post
    So triggered. As much by the pitch of his voice and the regular laughing at himself moments. How the f@?! Does this have so many views.