Page 2 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

1. Post
    dqnjpn wrote:
    I mean they are being paid heaps i reckon, working at paknsave is like $12 ph.
    as a student i once worked 3 days of traffic job, got paid $20 an hr
    Working at pak'n'save or a supermarket is cushy as.

Paddlepop man jobs have basically no job security (once they clear the construction crap off the road you're not needed) and you have to stand out in the weather and risk being run over by dumb people. All on top of getting bored but not being able to escape to the toilet or wherever you want straight off.

Actual tradesmen aren't really getting particularly overpaid, when you consider the overheads with car costs, tool costs etc.

2. Post
    Insurance Admin FTMFW

No Dips/certs needed........

$35k starting, $45k after 1 year.........

Moving on up to $50k soonish

Yerpppppp......... and my 5th form maths teacher said I will be cleaning toilets....

helps to have your contract written up to protect from recession.

3. Post
    Okelix wrote:
    Finished a Diploma in Computer Networking and a Certificate in Systems Administration (Polytech M$ course) last year - still trying to find a job.
    Sucks doesn't it.

Been 18 months since I graduated, only earned about $15k in random jobs so far.

I'm doing web/graphic design atm, and I'm probably not even earning as much as a supermarket job.

4. Post
    graduated with a stats/maths degree
    now am a support services officer at an insurance company.

it's a glorified data entry job, really.

I may or may not renew my contract in august. not sure yet.

I was unemployed for 1 year after graduation

5. Post
    i graduated as an engineer,
    got a job in adelaide (graduate job) day before my flight they called me told me they deferred the position to july 2009..... -.-
    this is after i sold my car, quit my job and sent packages there...
    only got reimbursed for the flight ticket i paid and the packages pretty much.

its ok though i got offered another job in welly, moving down there on monday

6. Post
    Shoryuken wrote:
    Finished a Diploma in Systems Administration, Certificate in Network Device Management, Certificate in Windows Network Administration, Certificate in Computer Technical and Helpdesk, A+ and MCSA - still trying to find a job
    What jobs are you looking for, systems admin, network engineer etc?

I'm almost tempted just to get a help desk job for the time being...

7. Post
    Finished my BCom + BSc last year - took 4 months to find a job but I finally have one heh

8. Post
    Okelix wrote:
    What jobs are you looking for, systems admin, network engineer etc?

I'm almost tempted just to get a help desk job for the time being...
    Well since I don't have any work experience so I've just been applying for some help desk jobs and customer contact center and shit like that and I get rejected every time... I've still got to sit my CCNA exam and I think even if I pass it, I still won't even find a job.
    I graduated in December and my mate who did the same course as me can't even find a job as well.

I've decided to try playing WoW for the first time now lol.

9. Post
    Snu wrote:
    i graduated as an engineer,
    field?

10. Post
    Electrical - HV power & control systems.

11. Post
    Shoryuken wrote:
    Well since I don't have any work experience so I've just been applying for some help desk jobs and customer contact center and shit like that and I get rejected every time... I've still got to sit my CCNA exam and I think even if I pass it, I still won't even find a job.
    I graduated in December.
    True I still haven't done my CCNA either, I'm thinking now is probably a good time to do it while I've got a decent amount of spare time.

Hard times ay... Kinda makes me regret studying IT but hopefully it will pay off in the end.

12. Post
    Okelix wrote:
    True I still haven't done my CCNA either, I'm thinking now is probably a good time to do it while I've got a decent amount of spare time.

Hard times ay... Kinda makes me regret studying IT but hopefully it will pay off in the end.
    Have you got any work experience in IT?

13. Post
    I have a degree in Accounting / Marketing left a finance job last year to get pissed in asia. Now I have no job

14. Post
    Not flatting.

15. Post
    im doing bcom majoring in accounting/infosys, how hard is it finding jobs in these fields from experience etc..

16. Post
    I wonder how all those class loads of fashion students they kept pumping out next door to my class at uni are doing now?

17. Post
    Tadz wrote:
    I wonder how all those class loads of fashion students they kept pumping out next door to my class at uni are doing now?
    The world always needs more hookers.

18. Post
    ClubmanGT wrote:
    The world always needs more hookers.
    I dunno dude, some of them would even struggle to find employment in that field.

19. Post
    |V| () G wrote:
    im doing bcom majoring in accounting/infosys, how hard is it finding jobs in these fields from experience etc..
    soso, do your chartered accountancy and you'll be in bizzzzzness however

20. Post
    I haven't even graduated yet, and I've just been in Singapore for a couple of months on a summer work holiday with all expenses paid for... and if the recession doesn't kill off half of Singapore, I have a job waiting for me when I graduate.

For those of you that can actually do something, I recommend actually doing something in your field and making some sort of portfolio, so that you can show a would-be employer. I worked with this guy for like 6 months (I was bored) and then he turned around and made a company.

Without work experience, you need to start as low as you can, or make it yourself.

21. Post
    graduate then f*ck off overseas...duh!

22. Post
    Snu wrote:
    Electrical - HV power & control systems.
    dw, it is easier for the HV power to find a job. HV electrical engineering is in high demand ATM

23. Post
    yeh gutted to be a grad right now went to this Deutsche Bank seminar last night, there was like 300 odd people there and they were like yea, we got one grad job going next year, and its in sydney epic fail

24. Post
    gleem wrote:
    yeh gutted to be a grad right now went to this Deutsche Bank seminar last night, there was like 300 odd people there and they were like yea, we got one grad job going next year, and its in sydney epic fail
    lol i went to one of these once a couple years ago at uni. I only went because they were offering free booze and food, I don't have any finance qualifications.

They were only offering like 2 grad jobs and there were about 100 or so people there. They basically said if you don't have straight A's you were a no show. Though **** working there, you are also expected to work from 7am to 11pm almost every day.

I graduated with an accounting/marketing degree, and got a job at one of the big 4 accounting firms last year. I found it pretty easy tbh, however with the way things are atm, it will be much harder as they are only looking for people now who they think actually want to make a career out of working for them (ie. have genuine goals to be managers, directors, partners etc).

Pretty glad I got out of uni when I did, otherwise I think I'd be ****ed as my goals are not to be a manager or partner at a big 4 accounting firm.

25. Post
    Been at Deloitte as an Audit Grad for almost a month now, loving it