Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Graduates without jobs

Hello brothers and sisters...
    I know there must be couple out there graduates without jobs atm.
    What do u do about that? Even if u got a job at Paknsave it's not a career, so yeah.
    Share me the world my brothers and sistazs

Also keen to know if u are flatting etc, cus i think it sucks flatting without a job, study or something to keep u occupied

2. Post
    Wolly - why is that?

3. Post
    All of the BA students will come out of the woodwork now

4. Post
    Easy fix don't study something with 1/1000 chance to get a job that means no gender studies or maori linguistics. Besides degrees are easy mode to get now days unless it's something like med you need masters + to have any real decent chance at a decent payed job.

5. Post
    Not getting a job in what you studied for sucks.

6. Post
    Consolex wrote:
    Not getting a job in what you studied for sucks.
    tell me about it.

7. Post
    kind of a shock to see ppl with trade skills such as mechanic, construction doing so well in their life. i assume most of them are not uni graduates. But as I heard somewhere, sometimes these jobs are not so secure?

8. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    All of the BA students will come out of the woodwork now
    Well see you have your History grad.. then you have a TV/media grad... I guess it depends

9. Post
    BBUS Grad, finished last year, got a wicked Job and a good package, got the job in 4 weeks. Its not impossible to get work you just have to show that you are employable.

10. Post
    Bet you had ace grades tho luke

11. Post
    In CompSci theres always a shortage of workers

Almost considered dropping out at one point to work full time.

12. Post
    Varis wrote:
    tell me about it.

13. Post
    BA = maccas or bk manager
    AMIRITE??

14. Post
    sh**t yeah, Looking for jobs and getting emails like these really bugs me. I really do have my finger on the pulse atm

"Hi [blank],

With the unemployment rate at 4.6% and tipped to soar, it's a good time to have your finger on the pulse.

Over 475,000 Kiwis visited Trade Me Jobs in February, browsing over 10,000 jobs. Don't miss out search now, then save your search and we'll email you the latest listings"

Jimbob wrote:
    BA = maccas or bk manager
    AMIRITE??
    ROFL

15. Post
    my friend finished her BA, ended up being work in retail sales and as a receptionist

16. Post
    Buzz wrote:
    my friend finished her BA, ended up being work in retail sales and as a receptionist
    should have her loan paid off before shes 60

17. Post
    Have a job, probably going to opt for redundancy and get a job which is loosely related to my degree.

BA should be renamed to B.McD

18. Post
    /joins the queue.

Well I lie, but it's paying f**k all.

19. Post
    WollySheep! wrote:
    My (serious forums) advice is _dont_ go for the 'top 4' or 'big' firms of your industry. You will regret it.
    I'm a Graduate that had a job for 3 years at a very big firm of my industry. I don't know why you dislike them but for me, It was ok for about 2 years of it. In the end though they care nothing of your regular worker. My whole team was understaffed, overworked and under payed in the last 6 months of me being there. Many were quitting, I followed. Unfortunately I left slightly before the recession and its been difficult to find a job in my field after quitting.

20. Post
    working in my degree field, but tempted to upskill and move to a more specialized area

21. Post
    dqnjpn wrote:
    kind of a shock to see ppl with trade skills such as mechanic, construction doing so well in their life. i assume most of them are not uni graduates. But as I heard somewhere, sometimes these jobs are not so secure?
    Why are you shocked to see people with trades doing well? Looking out the window there are still lots of people driving round in cars, and just over the road they have pulled down an old building and starting to rebuild. Can also see a block of new buildings being constructed, a couple of large cranes through the grey haze as well.
    Everyone has to start somewhere!! Your education should allow you to move up alot faster

22. Post
    Mr King wrote:
    Why are you shocked to see people with trades doing well? Looking out the window there are still lots of people driving round in cars, and just over the road they have pulled down an old building and starting to rebuild. Can also see a block of new buildings being constructed, a couple of large cranes through the grey haze as well.
    Everyone has to start somewhere!! Your education should allow you to move up alot faster
    I mean they are being paid heaps i reckon, working at paknsave is like $12 ph.
    as a student i once worked 3 days of traffic job, got paid $20 an hr

23. Post
    Finished a Diploma in Computer Networking and a Certificate in Systems Administration (Polytech M$ course) last year - still trying to find a job.

24. Post
    Finished a Diploma in Systems Administration, Certificate in Network Device Management, Certificate in Windows Network Administration, Certificate in Computer Technical and Helpdesk, A+ and MCSA - still trying to find a job

25. Post
    how are you guys searching for jobs anyway?

Internet?
    Cold calling?