Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678

1. Post
    Here's one for the necro. Currently underemployed, it's been over 5 years now since I graduated and can't get a job related to my degree and graduate diploma. 800+ job rejections, can't even get a job when I have a job (managed to get interviews when I was unemployed but aren't getting interviews that I'm employed).

2. Post
    CLEAR! You'll live buddy, now get back to the fight!

Also, "Member since 9th April 2019"

3. Post
    ChizzBo wrote:
    Here's one for the necro. Currently underemployed, it's been over 5 years now since I graduated and can't get a job related to my degree and graduate diploma. 800+ job rejections, can't even get a job when I have a job (managed to get interviews when I was unemployed but aren't getting interviews that I'm employed).
    May I ask what your degree is in?

4. Post
    swazi wrote:
    May I ask what your degree is in?
    Digital Media

5. Post
    My son is in that category. A decade ago he graduated with a Bachelor of Aviation and the world was his oyster. Or was it as the Global Financial Crisis hit and there was an immediate downturn in Australian aviation. Suddenly airlines were not hiring even experienced pilots let alone trainees. So my boy was suddenly on the outer with little prospects of ever flying. So he tried something different.. enjoyed it and by the time the world was back to normal he had become disillusioned with aviation. So today he has a prized degree in his pocket and nothing to show for it.

6. Post
    ChizzBo wrote:
    Digital Media
    trouble is that's a super frikken broad term - and a lot of unis teach it in a way that's completely useless for actual real world industry use. If you're into 3d anim/modelling/rendering &lighting your best bet is to apply for an industry academy role - Weta Digital do an Assistant TD training intake every now and then, or there's a couple of Studios in Australia that have an internal "academy" or partnership with a local uni/tafe for industry training courses.

7. Post
    ChizzBo wrote:
    Yep I know that feeling. The constant rejection destroyed my mental health. Gave me anxiety and depression as a reault ive been unemployed since sep 2017. The job market is ****ed especially IT. Too many graduates not enough jobs to go around. Everyone competing for that one entry level role that pops up once a month. Unemployment is at its lowest right now. So no one really cares. I wish i went into a trade or apprenticeship back when I was physically able now im just fat and lazy.