5 people have voted on this poll. You may not vote on this poll

Polk Headset
3 60.00%
Turtle Beach Headset
2 40.00%
  1. Question

Which One?

Hello People

The Xbox One headsets are hitting stores next month, and i am unsure which one to get.

Polk Audio 4 Shot Gaming Headphones - Click on the link to find out info

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/P...-Blue/21640378

Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Seven - Click on the link to find out info
    http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-XO-Seven-Premium-Xbox-One-Surround-Sound-Gaming-Headset/21577960

Does anybody have an expert opinion on which one is better?

Much appreciated

Jordin

2. Post
    Related good read: http://www.gamerawr.com/2014/02/23/x...-fact-fiction/
    I'm just buying the adapter and using my X11's.

3. Post
    I have the Polk Melee which is essentially the same headset as Polk 4 shot but without the wireless adapter. Polk will send out the free wireless adapter to existing melee owners free of charge. I currently use the Melee with Xbox One and my Smartphone. Sound is really good, loud and clear on the smartphone but its not as loud as I want it to be on the console due to the mix amp it comes with. I am hoping once the wireless adapter is installed, volume issue will be sorted as it will bypass the mix amp then.

Build quality is very good as well.

4. Post
    Somewhat related, is the soundbar worth getting? Currently only using tv speakers, or should I invest in a HT setup?

5. Post
    Soundbars do work. They are like a poor man's HT setup. If you are not a big audiophile, Soundbars are perfect.

Go to your local HiFi shop or Harvey Norman and test the audio quality. Harvey Normal also stock various Polk soundbars.

6. Post
    So is there any adapter I can use that my normal 558's can utilise? They work excellently while plugged into the PS4 controller

7. Post
    After much thought, i'm going for the Turtle Beaches. I will reply back with my thoughts once i have received them.

8. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	194690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	194691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	194692
    Hey Guys, just received my new Turtle Beaches today from Mighty Ape. Thought i would snap a couple of photos to show you guys.
    Will try these bad boys on tonight.

9. Post
    Hey guys, giving you an update on those Turtle Beaches i purchased ^^^
    I put them to good use on the weekend just gone, i played BF4, FIFA 14 and Spartan Assault.

They are absolutely worth the $300 i payed for them.
    They are comfortable, they block out the noise fantastically, and the sound quality is perfect.
    If anybody plans on getting a new headset for their Xbox One - I recommend these Turtle Beaches.

10. Post
    These are different aren't they?

Amazon also have the Turtle Beach XO Seven for ~180NZD with free shipping so maybe worth a look for those interested.

11. Post
    Picked up the xbox one stereo headphones yesterday. Nice for the price imo.

12. Post
    I agree with tungsten, got hold of the xbox one stereo headphones, and have been using them every night this week, impressed with the sound and build so far.

13. Post
    Picked up the XO Sevens for $240 at Noel Lemmings. The Polks apparently have microphone issues so avoided them.

14. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    Picked up the XO Sevens for $240 at Noel Lemmings. The Polks apparently have microphone issues so avoided them.
    The Polks did but they couriered me an add-on free boom microphone that attaches to the headset to fix the issue temporarily until Microsoft releases an firmware update to fix the microphone built into Polk's headsets.