1. Post

What might be concept footage of Beyond Good and Evil 2. It's definitely pre-rendered, no modern console game looks anywhere near that good. Also such camera movement and angles would be pretty unplayable, outside of QTE sequences.

In case the Youtube video gets pulled.

2. Post
    Hmmm... looks like they ripped this off a bit though:

3. Post
    Looks mean as!

4. Post
    Seems to have taken a very different direction than the first game, more gritty/realistic. I really hope they don't cheapen the series.

5. Post
    wether that was real or not, if it was gameplay, it would be someone running through that part of the level and then dev tooling it and doing some pre renders. Otherwise its just a pre rendered cutscene.

6. Post
    Yeah the setting doesn't look like much like Beyond Good and Evil at all. I hope the new game isn't taking this approach - there are enough brown 'realistic' games around.

7. Post
    BG&E2 still in development. I'm still taking it with a grain of salt until the game is formerly announced though.

Yes it's coming...eventually.

A Ubisoft representative confirmed to IGN this afternoon the long-awaited sequel is still in development despite having no mention in the company's recent fiscal third quarter update.

This is good news for fans of the series, as remarks last July from Ubisoft President Laurent Detoc seemed to indicate the title has been scrapped or put on indefinite hold.

"Whether or not it comes out remains to be seen anyway, but we didn't want to abandon that IP because it has a cache and authenticity about it," Detoc said at the time. "There's something very pure about that game and it's too bad that we were not able to build it as an IP at the time."

Though, keep in mind Ubisoft has yet to officially announce the title as "Beyond Good & Evil 2." A CG video was shown last year at an event that depicted pig sidekick Pey'J and, presumably, protagonist Jade broken-down alongside a desert road.

Two months later, however, rendered in-game footage leaked on the Internet showing Jade running through detailed streets and buildings, while escaping pursing guards. Ubisoft did not confirm that footage was real or part of its new Beyond Good & Evil project.

8. Post
    The top brass at Ubisoft France also mentioned it when asked in a Q&A, googlefished for you:
    Can we get news of I Am Alive and Beyond Good & Evil 2?
    Ils sont toujours en production tous les deux... [They are still in production every two ...]

9. Post
    Mettler wrote:
    Hmmm... looks like they ripped this off a bit though:

[awesome movie scene]
    woot! Someone else who's seen Banlieue 13 Awesome movie

10. Post
    Still in development. Ancel is supposedly going to keep working on it until it's perfect.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot assured me today that work continues and has never stopped on the highly anticipated sequel to 2003's Beyond Good & Evil.

"We were, as we are, working on the game," Guillemot told me during a meeting at Germany's Gamescom this week. "What is very import with this next product is that it will be perfect."

Developer Michel Ancel's "intention is to come [out] with something really exciting. But everybody needs a little bit of patience."
    That's the relevant parts of the article. The rest the article is basically the Ubi CEO gushing about how the publisher has taken a lot of risks over the years that paid off, after being questioned why they're making a sequel to a financial failure.

11. Post
    She looked really cartoony (like the first game) in comparison to the world itself. Still, only concept footage.

12. Post
    I don't mind how long they work on this game for, I loved the first one and I want the 2nd to be just as good or even better so I could wait for ages for this one. I hope they never do cancel it as I'm sure they'll make it great

13. Post
    The first video didn't look per-rendered, just looked like somone who was playing on a console and or had motion blur of somesort.

14. Post
    Hohoho, BG&E2 is a pseudo-MMO. A co-op online game that rigidly follows the open world Ubisoft game formula. Why is this called BG&E2? Every game doesn't need to be Destiny, f*cking Christ. The Games as a Service trend bubble needs to burst already.

Internet connection required when playing solo.

15. Post
    oh heck so no "jade" Should've named this something else other than Beyond Good and Evil

16. Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I reckon this looks pretty ****ing cool.

Fifth Element meets Star Citizen meets Destiny in third person view....sign me up.

17. Post
    I'm going to hard pass on this mess. It looks confused and just a whole series of bloated ideas with only a tenuous attachment to the game its supposed to be a sequel to.
    As soon as I saw it was moving away from telling a compelling single player story I began to lose interest. Everything just makes it look like another open-world Ubisoft repeatathon.
    Nice graphics cannot hide how appallingly patchwork and directionless it is.

18. Post
    I like the look of it and will most likely grab it on release whenever that may be

19. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I'm going to hard pass on this mess. It looks confused and just a whole series of bloated ideas with only a tenuous attachment to the game its supposed to be a sequel to.
    As soon as I saw it was moving away from telling a compelling single player story I began to lose interest. Everything just makes it look like another open-world Ubisoft repeatathon.
    Nice graphics cannot hide how appallingly patchwork and directionless it is.
    I reckon it's going to be down to how much Ubi is jumping in behind this...if they put their full (and extensive) guns $$ and dev wise into it (for QA + Post release support) it could be amazing....if they are half-assing and tentative at all with this project (it's a massive undertaking, and could be bloated to the point of unworkable for any small team, just look at Star Citizen..) it could be very bad.

I'm hoping for the former, Ubi rocking this with all guns, dreading the latter....Ubi just pushing this out without full clout.