Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

NZ Law and selling expired foods

Is there a law prohibiting the sale of expired food? I just ate almost a whole bag of lollies that I bought and saw that it expired 4 days ago

Was thinking if I could blackmail the dairy owners downstairs out of a free bag

2. Post
    NOT FOUR DAYS

3. Post
    I ate a lion once, took me 2 full days to battle it, eventually my magical powers wore off and i had to use chuck norris inflattable fighting action figure to overcome this obstacle.

yeh thats right, chuck norris.

4. Post
    you might have gotten a replacement if you didn't eat most of them first

5. Post
    if it says 'best before', then it's best to consume before that date. after that, it may still be good but not the best

6. Post
    I'm not too fussed tbh. Got them for a discount anyway ^^

7. Post
    **** sake !!!

Milk, shaved ham, yoghurt all seem to be still edible after four days.
    I say edible, because the ham can look pretty dodgy still

But I have never got sick.

8. Post
    Jini wrote:
    if it says 'best before', then it's best to consume before that date. after that, it may still be good but not the best
    Yeah i think if its best before then its legal but if it says "use by" then its illegal.

9. Post
    Discount in a dairy == old stock.
    Very few exceptions.
    lumpy custard

10. Post
    best before dates i wouldnt worry about too much

use by dates i stick to

11. Post
    My dairy still sells christmas coca cola with expired dates on them
    Over 90% of his overpriced dairy food is expired, Most of the biscuits are BB 07 etc
    supermarket FTW

12. Post
    I have an issue with eating anything past the best by date. I hate the idea that it's not as good as it could be and I'm somehow doing myself a disservice.

13. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I have an issue with eating anything past the best by date. I hate the idea that it's not as good as it could be and I'm somehow doing myself a disservice.

but the problem i have is i usually buy it before this date, it just sits in the pantry till i feel like eating it, and once this dates past i still paid proper price for it

14. Post
    Ask for a refund.

You might feel like a bit of a dick in the fact you ate all of them, though

15. Post
    I've been told that potato chips and the like are really bad to eat close to or past the best before date.

16. Post
    I bought two packs of lamb racks from local Napier New World the other day.
    I have noticed that one they smell a bit and two the labels have new ones stuck over.
    The new ones have the packed on date increased by 9 days. The expiry has been increased by 4 days.
    And the price on them has INCREASED.

i saw the butchery manager -a Brandon - and he said the label machine was broken that day.
    broken? Uhuh.

I said fine I'll take it further then and he snatched them off me, screwed them up and put his hands behind his back.
    He refused to give them back, s******ing, I had to physically wrestle them back off him.
    Which he kind of gave in, he was a big guy , because we were in full view of the checkout staff and two customers in the store.

17. Post
    Were they vacuum packed?
    If so, they are good for +80 days shelf life as long as they are kept at 0.

18. Post
    I have an issue eating anything when I don't know where it came from.

I prefer it wasn't tortured before it gets to me.

Worry about that more than how old it is.

19. Post
    10 year old thread. lol

20. Post
    yea pctek fail for bumping up old thread

21. Post
    What was this profanity word, "s******ing"?

22. Post
    snaffta wrote:
    What was this profanity word, "s******ing"?
    I think it's s.n.i.g.g.e.r.i.n.g

I had that they other day, and was like wtf?!

23. Post
    s******ing

huh, well there you go

24. Post
    pctek wrote:
    I bought two packs of lamb racks from local Napier New World the other day.
    I have noticed that one they smell a bit and two the labels have new ones stuck over.
    The new ones have the packed on date increased by 9 days. The expiry has been increased by 4 days.
    And the price on them has INCREASED.

i saw the butchery manager -a Brandon - and he said the label machine was broken that day.
    broken? Uhuh.

I said fine I'll take it further then and he snatched them off me, screwed them up and put his hands behind his back.
    He refused to give them back, s******ing, I had to physically wrestle them back off him.
    Which he kind of gave in, he was a big guy , because we were in full view of the checkout staff and two customers in the store.
    Wtf, this sounds like an extreme response from him given supermarkets usually just give out refunds for the most trivial reasons to be done with it.

Maybe he wanted to avoid getting into shit for something that's his responsibility?

25. Post
    Hopefully my local supermarket Countdown isn't like that. But blaming the labeling machine for that o_0 That's new. I've noticed in the buy 3 for 20 aisle in the meat department are nearly a couple of days away from being expired.