1. Post

BioShock 2: Multiplayer

First Look: Multiplayer, by Gerard Campbell

The first that you notice about the multiplayer mode of 2Ks BioShock 2 is that it looks familiar.

Its got that same BioShock feel about it and it should do, the level we saw played was based on the Kashmir level in the original game (although the layout had been changed to suit multiplayer better).

Multiplayer matches, which are being done by developer Digital Extremes, start out with your character, a welder, at their apartment in Rapture. The apartment is your home base where you start multiplayer matches from.

Read more here.

2. Post
    Does this mean it's multiplayer only? Wouldn't be a bad thing but I did enjoy the first game and loved exploring the single player levels.

3. Post
    Of course it doesn't. Where did you get that from?

4. Post
    Gravidar wrote:
    Does this mean it's multiplayer only? Wouldn't be a bad thing but I did enjoy the first game and loved exploring the single player levels.
    no. one company is doing the multiplayer while the other does the singleplayer. they will bascially be 2 separate games in one. if you so choose you will never have to touch the multiplayer.

5. Post
    Gravidar wrote:
    Your kidding right? It's primarily singleplayer.

6. Post
    who is Gerard Campbell?

7. Smile
    Sehr Gut! wrote:
    who is Gerard Campbell?
    A writer for Gameplanet!

... who also has a day job at The Press.

8. Post
    Sehr Gut! wrote:
    who is Gerard Campbell?
    Piperchap.

9. Post
    Beebegun05 wrote:
    Jesus Crowbar.

The funny looking dog in a suit.
    JC is JC.

Gerard is piperchap.

10. Post
    Egor wrote:
    JC is JC.

Gerard is piperchap.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

11. Post
    Wally Simmonds wrote:
    Of course it doesn't. Where did you get that from?
    Just that there is no reference to single player in this or other articles that's all, although it says "multiplayer mode", guess I didn't pick up on that first reading. Good to hear they're sticking with it, I've felt let down by other franchises who have sacrificed single player for multi player. cheers.