Gaming specials thread of gaming specials.

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)

1. Post
    bradleycampbell wrote:
    Yes. I got about 6 games from K-Mart in Porirua a couple of weeks back. There is hardly anything left there now (was actually Saturday I was last in there).
    Most of the games were $20, $30, $40 and $60
    Anything that the suppliers wouldn't take back was reduced.
    Seriously?! ARGH!! Porirua is my closest outlet. FUUUUU. Is there anything of value left at all?

2. Post
    Bond and Bond have a 2 for $50 bargin bin and another reduced price bin, few decent games in there. St lukes bond and bond.

3. Post
    I went to Porirua K mart yesterday all the had was ratchet and clank for 30 bucks

4. Post
    This is what's odd. I just received an email from Kmart showing me their new Toy Sale leaflet. In it was Wii, 360 and PS2 gaming specials (some good bargins too - such as a Wii console for sub$400, and a DSi for $230).
    However, I've watched their mass exodus of games over the past month (and picked up the following - Motorstorm 2 $60, Street Fighter 4 $70, Wipeout Pulse $10, Singstar PS3 1 & 2 w/ mics $30ea., Wii Speak $10, inFamous $70, Killzone 2 $40) and they have very little left in stock!
    So I dunno how they're gonna supply the stuff they have advertised?

5. Post
    Shooman wrote:
    ...they have very little left in stock!
    It'll most likely say in fine print 'while stocks last'

6. Post
    Shooman wrote:
    This is what's odd. I just received an email from Kmart showing me their new Toy Sale leaflet. In it was Wii, 360 and PS2 gaming specials (some good bargins too - such as a Wii console for sub$400, and a DSi for $230).
    However, I've watched their mass exodus of games over the past month (and picked up the following - Motorstorm 2 $60, Street Fighter 4 $70, Wipeout Pulse $10, Singstar PS3 1 & 2 w/ mics $30ea., Wii Speak $10, inFamous $70, Killzone 2 $40) and they have very little left in stock!
    Are you looking at a special catalogue? Cos the Toy Sale one on their website has nothing gaming?

7. Post
    i dunno if this is old news or not but i just picked up resistance 2 for $48.60 at the warehouse.

8. Post
    futsal wrote:
    Are you looking at a special catalogue? Cos the Toy Sale one on their website has nothing gaming?
    Are you sure, coz I was looking at it yesterday afternoon. It's about 70 pages.

9. Post
    Where's the cheapest place to buy RE5 now? either the limited or standard editions.

10. Post
    There won't be a better deal than DSE's F*** up earlier in the year when they had buy 1 get one free. Was supposed to be on selected titles, but it didn't say that. I raped them for all they were worth....

As did many others, including their own staff

11. Post
    Noel Leeming Wairau Park in Auckland have 30% off store stock console games over the weekend for their opening weekend specials starting tomorrow.

12. Post
    ^ Do u rekon that will include FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4??

13. Post
    Got me FN4 today just b4, i asked the person at eb if u match the prices and he said yes but apparently the dont match onlione prices, as gamesman listed figh night round 4 for 108 bux as EB 120 bux. so they cant match this to the online price? im sure they have to match it dont they?

oh and on a side not, went to DSE and they had 30 dola specials on games, prince of persia was in there 2 with other games in bargin bin

14. Post
    wait...did you ask EB to match Gamesman

15. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    EB
    lol, EB.

16. Post
    COD4 GOTY $67 at DSE, Glenfield Mall

17. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    wait...did you ask EB to match Gamesman
    umm yes haha, how come was that a bad idea? cant they match online prices? i thought it was anyprice in nz and theyll match it

18. Post
    Gamerholic wrote:
    umm yes haha, how come was that a bad idea? cant they match online prices? i thought it was anyprice in nz and theyll match it
    Because EB and The gamesman are one and the same.

19. Post
    Gamerholic wrote:
    Well for one an online store they dont need a salesman and most retail stores dont like price matching online stores because they dont need to pay for the extra workers like retail stores has to

20. Post
    ^ shit knw come to think of it, EB bought out gamesman didnt they, arghh daym hahaha kant believe i forgot that, well atleast if i find someplace cheaper in the next week i can always return it and buy it from a cheaper place, might as will take advantage of thier 7 day return policy

21. Post
    Gamerholic wrote:
    ^ shit knw come to think of it, EB bought out gamesman didnt they, arghh daym hahaha kant believe i forgot that, well atleast if i find someplace cheaper in the next week i can always return it and buy it from a cheaper place, might as will take advantage of thier 7 day return policy
    Where do you live mate?

22. Post
    ^Auckland bro

23. Post
    Harvey Norman are doing 10% off, which makes the game about $107

24. Post
    ^ thanx man will check it out propz

25. Post
    0verdose wrote:
    Noel Leeming Wairau Park in Auckland have 30% off store stock console games over the weekend for their opening weekend specials starting tomorrow.
    thanks dude, will have to check it out