Gaming specials thread of gaming specials.

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)

1. Post
    FNR4 is 108 at the warehouse currently,

I can't see why anyone would get a game on release day at EB unless they're trading other games in, pretty much every other store has the game cheaper

2. Post
    i got told that was the price at other stores to, i checked dse they didnt have it yet, so i ended up getting it, i just wanted to play it so bad haha, but anyway thanx for the prices guyz, will return mine and gt it from those stores atleast gona save me 12bux for food .

3. Post
    you can return it at eb and then rebuy but make them price match, saves you petrol,depending where you only need recipet. should just buy from mighty ape tho

4. Post
    Gamerholic wrote:
    ^ Do u rekon that will include FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4??
    Sorry man didn't see this till now. Yes FNR4 is going for $77

5. Post
    ^ , 77 bux!, im deff getting it there man datz alot save, shot bro

6. Post
    btw EB is a rip-off

7. Post
    Well
    i got a call from the commerce commission saying they are currently looking into the EB sales thing, they need some more examples tho of games in the current sale that have been jacked up and the reduced with a sales sticker. So if anyone sees anything post in here or PM me so i can hand it on.
    The guy i spoke to has received several complaints about this and decided to call me as i was a past employee, gave him the run down of my experiances with them doing this type of thing in the past etc.
    Internet we need your help!.

8. Post
    ^ another thing they do is put old or recent games in 2 the red sign that sayz, new release's which they shouldnt do eathier.

and well i went in to eb today to return my FN4 and went to another eb store and asked if they could price match something for me, and they told me, they can only match it if the store is near or in the loacal area to them. i didnt see what the fuss was as i went to the city one and wanted them to price match noel lemmings in north shore, they said u gta go to their local area,..so i went to another eb the one in west auck, and the guy there said they can match it, but they had had run out of stock..., soo i didnt relize that the store u wnt the price match to has to be in the same area,, i was pissed off when i heard that.

anyway yeah man when i go there next, ill try and take pics of the things they shouldnt do, and if more ppl can help the better. i got ripped off from eb games for years b4 i reliezed, how crap they were, apart from 7 day return policy (which is under review by them)

9. Post
    Gamerholic wrote:
    ^ another thing they do is put old or recent games in 2 the red sign that sayz, new release's which they shouldnt do eathier.

and well i went in to eb today to return my FN4 and went to another eb store and asked if they could price match something for me, and they told me, they can only match it if the store is near or in the loacal area to them. i didnt see what the fuss was as i went to the city one and wanted them to price match noel lemmings in north shore, they said u gta go to their local area,..so i went to another eb the one in west auck, and the guy there said they can match it, but they had had run out of stock..., soo i didnt relize that the store u wnt the price match to has to be in the same area,, i was pissed off when i heard that.

anyway yeah man when i go there next, ill try and take pics of the things they shouldnt do, and if more ppl can help the better. i got ripped off from eb games for years b4 i reliezed, how crap they were, apart from 7 day return policy (which is under review by them)
    why didn't you just same the gas money and go buy it at noel lemmings on the shore?

10. Post
    Picked up a Nintendo DSL accessories pack from EB for $19 that had various things I needed, so that was all good. Plus it had a USB charger cord that was way longer than the previous one I bought, so now it reaches easily to anywhere on my desk.

11. Post
    I remember a couple of days ago i picked up a game at EB I ended up picking up the preowned copy of dark sector and they didn't say on the back or say anything about whenever a manual was included or not until I had the bright idea of asking for a copy of the manual after i brought it lol ended up looking for the 2nd preowned copy and took the manual out of that o_0

(I wasted my money on their so called 10% edge card as well if you don't want to fully use the money they give you for trade in's you end up without the 10% more or less deal lol)

12. Post
    Dark Sector $19.95 Lyall Bay Warehouse, nfi if national.

13. Post
    I see cdwow.com.au are having another upto 60% stock clearance till midnight sunday 19/7/09.

14. Post
    any other cheap games going??

15. Post
    resistance 2 is 45 or 47 buks at jbhifi

16. Post
    PGR4 $10 at DSE.

17. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    PGR4 $10 at DSE.
    Sweet, will pick up when I get my 360 this week.

18. Post
    watz pgr4????

19. Post
    Gamerholic wrote:
    watz pgr4????
    Project Gotham Racing 4.
    It's an Xbox360 game.
    And it's a real bargain at $10.

20. Post
    can we keep Xbox specials in the Xbox specials thread? don't infect us with that

21. Post
    ^ I TOTALLY AGREE

22. Post
    tbh no and unless your a raging fanboy it shouldn't bother you (providing xplatform games are clearly labeled), a good deal is a good deal.
    some people have both consoles (including myself) and a single list makes things easier.
    some people may see a deal and decide to pick it up as a gift or something for a friend or relative.

Not everyone checks both threads and its retarded that there is two to begin with.

23. Post
    there's a Playstation forum for Playstation users and a Xbox forum for Xbox users, how is that retarded? Keep it in the relative forum, otherwise we might as well start adding Wii specials, PC specials and Mad Butcher specials here. If you don't have a thread then start one, just like we did. We shouldn't ALL have to put up with this just because you can't be bothered checking more than one thread, that's just plain selfish. It's got nothing to do with fanboyism.

24. Post
    Vic wrote:
    otherwise we might as well start adding Wii specials, PC specials
    The title of this thread is "Gaming specials thread of gaming specials" NOT Exclusive ps3 specials that only Vic approves of.
    Vic wrote:
    and Mad Butcher specials here.
    Meat is not a game.
    Vic wrote:
    We shouldn't ALL have to put up with this just because you can't be bothered checking more than one thread, that's just plain selfish.
    Its selfish to list good deals so that everyone who views a "Gaming specials" thread can enjoy them?
    imo you should just stop trying to find somthing to complain about and thank me for my previous tips.

25. Post
    yeah but this thread is in the playstation subforum not the ganeral gaming one, so it kinda makes sense to only have ps3 deals in here...