Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

1. Post
    Any recommendations on a double din unit? Nav would be a plus.
    Going into a Nissan March '14 (k13 facelift dash, so standard double din I think).

Might be wise for me to find an NZ New Micra unit, but if something else is better i'd be keen.

2. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    Any recommendations on a double din unit? Nav would be a plus.
    Going into a Nissan March '14 (k13 facelift dash, so standard double din I think).

Might be wise for me to find an NZ New Micra unit, but if something else is better i'd be keen.
    What is your budget? Do you need Android Auto or Apple Carplay?

3. Post
    gpig wrote:
    What is your budget? Do you need Android Auto or Apple Carplay?
    Hey gpig. Around $300 would be nice. I've got no idea what the speakers are going to be like. Carplay would just be a bonus. I'm more than happy using 16-32GB USB sticks and navigating folders.

4. Post
    This looks pretty good for the price and it looks stock so it will add value to your car if you decide to sell it

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-...1374338177.htm

Otherwise i would get something from Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, Sony, Clarion, or Phillips with the features and design you want, and avoid anything else. Unfortunately it would be hard to find one a new unit with Apple carplay as they start at around $500, there are some cheap chinese ones for less but the quality is probably horrible.

5. Post
    Thanks gpig. Things are more expensive than I thought I guess,
    I had a wrecker offer me this navi unit for ~250 2016 March;

I might be wise to grab that then

6. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    Thanks gpig. Things are more expensive than I thought I guess,
    I had a wrecker offer me this navi unit for ~250 2016 March;

I might be wise to grab that then
    Thats a pretty good deal for a nav unit. Doesnt seem to have USB? Or is that SD card slot for media storage? I see a phone pairing button so it might support music playback through bluetooth, so you might not need USB. I find myself using bluetooth most of the time as i have my music stored on spotify.

7. Post
    I should probably get a Spotify/gmusic sub and use Bluetooth. I'm just used to using my USB sticks.
    I could live with an SD card though.

Just confirming with the wrecker that it comes with all the necessary parts for the GPS to function first. Maybe a rev camera if I am lucky.

8. Post
    anyone recommend any good installers for euros pls? got a bmw with blown rear mids + rattles a lot

rapid radio quoted $450 for just those 2 with audison ap5 , sound deadening and 4 hours labour.