1. Arrow

Rise of Flight reviewed

Often overlooked by game developers in the mistaken belief that The Great War was all trenches and dysentery, there have only been a few titles of note that have dealt adequately with the subject matter over the years. Red Baron, Wings, and arguably even the entirely arcade Sopwith were fantastic titles in their own right, however it seems lately that developers have all but forgotten about the pioneering feats of some of the bravest individuals ever to partake in armed combat.

Rise of Flight aims to change all that. It's a no-holds-barred war simulator. There are no respawns. No achievements to unlock. No bold proclamations promising "1080p, Online Leaderboards and Voice Chat!" - instead, this title speaks softly, and carries a big stick.
    Read more here.

2. Post
    Where did you get this from? Apparently it is not available for digital download until August sometime. Is that right?

I'm disgusted thye make you pay for the other planes, especially as it looks to be an almost full-price game. Load times are concerning but as long as the flying is actually good then I'm tempted to grab this.

3. Post
    I was provided with a review account - you can sign up here and pay for it online. Neoqb gave me a link to download the files to play the game, they probably do the same with anyone who purchases the game I would think.

4. Post
    The online store only has the aircraft. I have emailed him.

5. Post
    It's available from GoGamer.com and Amazon.com however they won't ship to international locations. I'm sure it won't be long until it's picked up by PlayAsia or somewhere like that - I've emailed the PR people to see if they can give us a date.

6. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    I'm disgusted thye make you pay for the other planes, especially as it looks to be an almost full-price game. Load times are concerning but as long as the flying is actually good then I'm tempted to grab this.
    and you can't play if their servers are down.

7. Post
    I saw on other forums kiwis aussies etc have been getting it from here http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_i...oducts_id=2126 it's apparently the only place for now that is shipping internationally.

8. Post
    I bought the US version of this game from the Flight Sim Pilot Shop mentioned in the previous post. For that version, at least, 4 of the planes are free of extra charge: the SPAD 13.C1, Fokker D.VII, Albatros D.Va and the Nieuport 28.C1.

Initial loading does take a little while, but not bad on a reasonably new PC. After the first time, though, assuming you don't restart the game, loading is much faster.

9. Post
    I got mine from https://www.fspilotshop.com/ also. Ordered Monday, turned up Friday. Good game, love watching the planes fall out of the sky and bits of wings folding and tearing off Sounds are good. Had to lol at the training, the voices and acting as JvJ said is TERRIBLE.

Contrary you to the review, they have released another 2 free planes, 4 total.

They are planning a digital download, but AFAIK it's still TBA.

And as a true patriot JvJ, you should be acknowledging Richard Pearse, not the Wright bros :P

10. Post
    Any word on when this might be available locally?

11. Post
    DumKopf wrote:
    Contrary you to the review, they have released another 2 free planes, 4 total.
    Cool, all I got from the PR people was that they'd given me an account with the extra planes unlocked.

And as a true patriot JvJ, you should be acknowledging Richard Pearse, not the Wright bros :P
    Heh, if only he'd documented it properly. It's a bit like discovering a cure for cancer then not telling anyone about it

Yossarian_16th wrote:
    Any word on when this might be available locally?
    Still waiting for Neoqb - will update when I hear back.

12. Post
    My response:

Start selling of digital versions (including Europe) will begin next week. Space sales will report next week news in our blog.

Please read minimum system requirement for ROF game!

Best Regards / C Уважением

Rise of Flight Support
    I don't know why he put "including Europe". I did say I was in New Zealand. perhaps his geography is a bit off!