I'm gonna make this dude famous!

2. Post
    I bet that's you in that pic Kelso!

3. Post
    Mettler wrote:
    I bet that's you in that pic Kelso!
    I love my barbie duvet!

4. Post
    hahahahaha the coffee machine, started off scrolling down from the monitor then got to the coffee machine and lol'd irl

5. Post
    Magic Robertson wrote:
    I hope you get a benefit to help pay the bills.

I thought that National was suppose to have a plan in place for people in your situation?
    (they seem to pledge a lot when talking to the media.)
    Magic Labourson

nflatedtuna wrote:
    I'm looking for new staff in our backpacker lodge, could you cope with stuffing around on the intraweb most of the time & the rest of the time chatting to 20 something euro babes?

ps: sorry to hear that news Mancubus, that's a bit sh*thouse. Hope ya Redun. pay was decent
    This appears the best option tbh.

Mancubus wrote:
    Well, it would seem that seeming as I decided to make today my last day, they have the choice whether to pay me out two weeks notice or not. As there is no money in the kitty whatsoever then they have obviously chosen not to. They were prepared to make me work the two weeks (doing absolutely nothing) and pay me accordingly weekly though.

So arguments happened, they got pissy, I got pissy - and they decided to drag up an old amount I had owing to them (which I thought they had let slide (it was for some advertising) due to me having numerous free ads after the fact). I should have expected this - so minus that amount I would have been walking out of here with about $200 - and no computer.

Negotiations were had, so now I am leaving with no money, the 20" iMac, all the stationery I can carry, an Apple G4 Tower and Apple monitor if I want it.

Meh.
    Wow, what ****s. That's pretty low, but feel warm in the knowledge that they won't be in business long if they're that tight up for cash, which means the same **** who let you go is going to be getting made redundant too.

You should have put your knob in the jar
    wants to see the auckland city council asap

6. Post
    ****ing lol at the coffee machine. Mod of the year TBH.

Mancubus wrote:
    Coup de gras: Mancubus knob was stuck in boss' peppermint jar.
    Didn't it burn

7. Post
    Im waiting for monday's response.. if they come after the coffee machine, that will be comedy gold.

8. Post
    The place is pretty much closed down now anyway, there was only 4 of us. The 2 owners, me and the receptionist - I hadn't actually done any real work for about 6-8 weeks. Just sat there and whored GP all day.

They also told me I had my choice of several Mac G4 Towers, but they were all shit, running OS9 and only CD Rom drives.

9. Post
    nflatedtuna wrote:
    Public lawyer, for this type of senario that's all this is required, you don't need Denny Crane for a PG case ffs lol
    What are you on about? You only get duty solicitors for criminal defense, and even then it's only "free" if you're poor enough for Legal Aid to cover the bill. There are no free "public lawyers" who will represent you in an employment proceeding.

10. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    The place is pretty much closed down now anyway, there was only 4 of us. The 2 owners, me and the receptionist - I hadn't actually done any real work for about 6-8 weeks. Just sat there and whored GP all day.

They also told me I had my choice of several Mac G4 Towers, but they were all shit, running OS9 and only CD Rom drives.
    Should of still taken them, sold for ever how much you could get. That would surely put a few meals on the table.

11. Post
    Probably worth $20 each - more hassle than they were worth tbh

12. Post
    all wireless mice right? if all the same brand, move them around the office so people control other peoples computers. drives them up the wall quick.

as well as linking all the paper clips together.

also switching stamp labels about.

13. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Probably worth $20 each - more hassle than they were worth tbh
    I would have taken one

14. Post
    Linx wrote:
    I would have taken one
    And sold it on trademe

15. Post
    Doofer wrote:
    And sold it on trademe
    pfft, no fun in that.. a lot more entertaining taking to it with a few baseball bats

16. Post
    If I was to have nightmares they'd be about that dude and his barbie bed, Fkn scares me.
    Linx wrote:
    I would have taken one
    +1

17. Post
    Doofer wrote:
    And sold it on trademe
    Why do people think I sell free items on TradeMe? I would have turned it into a PC.

18. Post
    rastamon wrote:
    hahahahaha the coffee machine, started off scrolling down from the monitor then got to the coffee machine and lol'd irl
    +1

Epic LOLs from page 6 onwards for me.

Great way of turning the topic from a downer to an upper, Manc!

19. Post
    eug1404 wrote:
    What are you on about? You only get duty solicitors for criminal defense, and even then it's only "free" if you're poor enough for Legal Aid to cover the bill. There are no free "public lawyers" who will represent you in an employment proceeding.
    NO WIN NO FEE

20. Post
    marzbar wrote:
    NO WIN NO FEE
    Those aren't public lawyers.

Apparently, according to nflatedtuna, we're living in America. My suggestion to him is to stop watching repeats of The Practice and learn about the NZ system.
    My ear canals are very sensitive. They're stainless steel. Took a bullet in Corregidor. Passed straight through.

21. Post
    I was making a funny. Those places are probably filled with failed law students.

Page 11 of 11 First ... 891011