1. Post
    My friend got taken to the bosses office and told she was made redundant a few months back. By the time she had walked back to her computer she couldn't log in anymore. She was told she could go around and say goodbye to everyone right then, or she could go back in a day or so when she would be allowed to put her stuff in a box. Awesome way to lose your job . She was lucky to get a very generous redundancy payout though.

2. Post
    Holy shit, really sorry to hear man!

3. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    My friend got taken to the bosses office and told she was made redundant a few months back. By the time she had walked back to her computer she couldn't log in anymore. She was told she could go around and say goodbye to everyone right then, or she could go back in a day or so when she would be allowed to put her stuff in a box. Awesome way to lose your job . She was lucky to get a very generous redundancy payout though.

Yeah some industries can't afford to let you muck around after the fact - sabotaging work, stealing client lists, yada yada yada.

4. Post
    weak

wtf @ no redundancy payout... I thought that shit was mandatory.

5. Post
    Crap, sorry to hear man

Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    weak

wtf @ no redundancy payout... I thought that shit was mandatory.
    My last job owes me over 8k in holiday pay and a months wages. As this was followed by nearly 5 months unemployment I'm still digging myself out of that hole.

6. Post
    BL Mancubus. Haven't read all of thread. Hope you get something sorted fairly quickly.

7. Post
    kyreenaTIME wrote:
    Maybe tell a potential employer that you will work for free for a while, or for half price?
    Unfortunately with 3 kids to feed, income is needed immediately.

8. Post
    Maccaz are always hiring.

9. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Senior Graphic Designer. Plus I'm a writer as well.

No payout, just shouted lunch tomorrow
    Aww Man! Well I left open an art directors job in Auckland at Lucky Break magazine, if you like check it out

10. Post
    Tame-Iti wrote:
    BL Mancubus. Haven't read all of thread. Hope you get something sorted fairly quickly.
    You're in Welly and the first thing you do is go to a net cafe, LOL Tom.

11. Post
    Awww My poor Manny .... It is the worst ****en Thursday ever!
    My beloved car got stolen ....
    I ****EN HATE CNUT FACE THIEVES

12. Post
    Bad luck Mancubus.

/still pretty much redundent here also.
    The Joys of being Graphic Designer.

13. Post
    Stabby Abbey wrote:
    Who you calling CNUT FACE??? ROAAARRR

Attached Images

14. Post
    Stabby Abbey wrote:
    Awww My poor Manny .... It is the worst ****en Thursday ever!
    My beloved car got stolen ....
    Aww BL Abbey that really sucks when punks do that shit. BUT LOL AT YOUR AVATAR!!!

Btw Manc, just ask Egor for a raise
    John D. Rockefeller award for philanthropic wanks

15. Post
    2 people got made redundant here at my work today too. Last day is tomorrow.

16. Post
    Apparently I am supposed to get 2 weeks notice - so according to the contract, that's in lieu of any payout.

17. Post
    BL Manc... hope you find some new work soon.

And I hope they catch the ****ers that stole Abbey's car too.

18. Post
    Ruts Manc ;<

*MAN HUGS* GRRRR

19. Post
    u could always live on the dole for a while. im sure u can get that working for families handout. it'll keep your family fed until u find other employment. maybe try and get a teaching job or something. i had the hottest art teacher at intermediate, low cut tops and all

20. Post
    You told the Mrs yet Manc? BL man, it sux. Were you in anyway involved with D & A or Natcol?

21. Post
    Isn't working for families a tax credit?

22. Post
    Sorry to hear man

23. Post
    It is, administered through the IRD.
    John D. Rockefeller award for philanthropic wanks

24. Post
    Aurora wrote:
    You told the Mrs yet Manc? BL man, it sux. Were you in anyway involved with D & A or Natcol?
    Yep, I'm surprised the email she sent back got through the email filters, what with all the creative 4 letter words in it.

Had nothing to do with NATCOL or D&A apart from hiring people from there in my previous job.

25. Post
    Was she pissed at you or your employer?