Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post
    Updated by Egor: I've posted some news about this on Gameplanet...

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/xbox/gam...l-matchmaking/

IW has locked the original thread after posting their response.

---

http://forums.infinityward.com/viewt...107154&start=0

Please post in the link above and show them the importance for a local search option.
    not really applicable for PC unless they decide to make PC Matchmaking as well...

2. Post
    What? when? where? how?

3. Post
    Is Modern Warfare currently laggy?

I'm keen on getting MW2, but that thread is giving me doubts now...

4. Post
    MW didn't have match making on PC and MW2 won't either.

This is the problem with consoles lol. Your playing on a server that some kid is running living half way around the world. Sounds like fun. O_o

5. Post
    tbh, just get xfire. It's far more effective than any in-game browser I've ever seen

Oh... it's more about console gaming isn't it? That sucks, but it's interesting, especially considering how hard they're marketing this towards the 360

6. Post
    In MW I don't really remember joining random games, Friends list + Invites FTW

7. Post
    The PC server browser is total shit, it only finds half the servers available, and caches old listings so you try and join a server you thought had 16 players in it, instead it actually no longer exists.

8. Post
    Xfire server search + gametracker + game monitor = FTW

9. Post
    I've noticed a peculiar tendency among gamers to assume that every decision made by a developer or publisher is done with malice towards a certain group. Occam's Razor usually suggests otherwise.

10. Post
    Eh, I'd lean towards Hanlon's Razor. "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

---
    Hampton. Occam: for the cleanest, most confortable shave a man can get.

11. Post
    I would much rather have a switch for it like Halo 3 and W@W than any sort of automatic system.

12. Post
    H wrote:
    Eh, I'd lean towards Hanlon's Razor. "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
    When it comes to not including something, the most likely explanation is simply that it didn't get prioritised highly enough (over things like "make sure the game works") to get done. That doesn't involve malice or stupidity, just lack of resources.

13. Post
    nice... wont be buying it now.

14. Post
    craigmsherriff wrote:
    nice... wont be buying it now.
    Sweet one less retard ingame.

15. Post
    All you have to do is get a bunch of Kiwis/Aussies on your friends list and it's easy to join lag free games

16. Post
    martian wrote:
    When it comes to not including something, the most likely explanation is simply that it didn't get prioritised highly enough (over things like "make sure the game works") to get done. That doesn't involve malice or stupidity, just lack of resources.
    Uh, no. When some comb-over, buttoned down, polo-collar wearing middle management shithead who has never played an game in his life decides to leave off something intrinsically vital to a sale, that's stupidity. Yes, he stays on time or under budget, but far less people purchase the product.

---
    Hampton. Turns out, people liked to play games with their friends. Who knew?

17. Post
    I'm just keen to run through the campaign and jam lan on it

18. Post
    H wrote:
    Uh, no. When some comb-over, buttoned down, polo-collar wearing middle management shithead who has never played an game in his life decides to leave off something intrinsically vital to a sale
    Something so intrinsically vital to a sale that they managed to sell well over 10 million of the last one without it. I get what you're saying, but has there been any precedent for this feature boosting sales?

19. Post
    i still can't believe the RRP on the console version is $150, what a joke. 109 for the PC version is pretty ridiculous too

20. Post
    im glad im getting it on pc

21. Post
    SirGrimNZ wrote:
    MW didn't have match making on PC and MW2 won't either.

This is the problem with consoles lol. Your playing on a server that some kid is running living half way around the world. Sounds like fun. O_o
    Ya know you can't use hacks on the console versions so I dont know why you'd be worried.

22. Post
    Oh, so it's only the console version that does this hoary matchmaking? The PC version lets you play on servers selectively?

23. Post
    Hervard wrote:
    Oh, so it's only the console version that does this hoary matchmaking? The PC version lets you play on servers selectively?
    No idea, it'll prob be similar to the MW server which was pretty shithouse. Difference is, on PC you can get applications like xfire with inbuilt server browsers that divide the servers country by country so you can choose the best one. It's a non-issue because of that

24. Post
    The_Pard wrote:
    No idea, it'll prob be similar to the MW server which was pretty shithouse. Difference is, on PC you can get applications like xfire with inbuilt server browsers that divide the servers country by country so you can choose the best one. It's a non-issue because of that
    Ah, sweet as then

25. Post
    Hervard wrote:
    Ah, sweet as then
    Yeah, can't get those things on console. Sucks to be them lol