What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 30,326 to 30,350 of 30377

1. Post
    I'm sorry for your loss Esprit.

2. Post
    Sorry to hear your father passed away Esprit, pretty hard to beat working on projects with your father (at least in my experience) sounds like you have some good memories to treasure along with that classic Jag.

3. Post
    Got my Civic going and took it home.
    It had been sitting at work since April.
    Still don't know how I got it going, so I think I'm going to have to do a whole lot of re-wiring before I will be willing to trust it for daily duties.

4. Post
    Gave the gtb a good clean, looks like new again

5. Post
    Cheers all, yeah it's been a hellish tough time, but after the shock of it all we're all managing. I always knew that once he'd gone, the Jag would become more valuable than money to me as it was really the focal point of the passion for cars we shared.

Have one car leaving the garage in September to go back to its owner, and the two new ones should fit in nicely. Just finished the house build finally so can get back to squaring up the garage and making sure I've got room for them all to fit sensibly.

6. Post
    Esprit wrote:
    Have to start cleaning out the garage as I've got another couple of cars coming in. My father passed away a few weeks ago and he had my old Lotus Elise and his Jaguar so they'll be joining my stable.
    Sorry to hear Glad you guys were able to finish the Jag and enjoy it together, hear far too many stories of unfinished projects and regrets when these things happen.

7. Post
    Found a bunch of goodies for my AE111 which I'm picking up tomorrow from my mechanic.

OEM floor mats, a Recaro SR3 Confetti (after a small repair), OEM front lip, replacement badges and the such. It's getting all the treatment.

Just have to find a TRD wing and some new wheels for it.

8. Post
    stripped some wheels for paint today also got the rear bumper for my aero s15 in primer. Getting closer towards the full respray.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69899924_510289302879335_2335147699923320832_n.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	227201

9. Post
    Picked up a set of the BR Minilite replicas off FB Marketplace, and chucked them on the Shitz. Having spent 20 minutes with paint and a brush to try to take ones eye off the horrible kerbing mangling two of the four rims.

Trying to stock up on these wheels, so that I can have lots of wheels the same for the rally car (also 4x100). So I'll keep these wheels when I sell the Vitz, and put the TSW wheels back on it then.

Attempting to get another set, but the useless seller isn't responding.

Name:	69947854_10218261028550080_3349414122478370816_o.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	335.2 KB 
ID:	227220

10. Post
    Holy crap that rear wiper is huge haha

11. Post
    Finally installed my gauge faces and LED's from the states for the MX5, top is original, bottom is new. So stoked with it, nice and clean. A/C is also matching design and the same blue.

Name:	IMG_20190908_185345.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	843.8 KB 
ID:	227223

12. Post
    ^ That is really nice - a massive improvement!

13. Post
    Had a sad WOF with the GTB so dropped in to get stuff sorted. Rebuild rear coilovers, some other minor stuff. I got pinged for the seatbelt not retracting fast enough which was a new one but fair enough lol

14. Post

Name:	69763089_1850608525085655_8415433674241081344_n.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	227229

2000km since a WOF (issued by a place starting with a V). Worn brake pad is worn. Shiny new pads fitted.

Also did the thermostat in the Toyota Shitz as well, as the blue "cold" light was staying on for ages (no temp gauge in a Vitz).

15. Post
    Not today, but a few weeks back. Got a spoiler painted and fitted to the car

16. Post
    the Toyota Schitz now has a muffler instead of a horrible fart cannon, and sounds like a car again. Plus I put one of my sets of p-plates on it. So it is gradually being unmonkey'd. Need to wait until my friend has some time, and he can do a whole bunch of wiring patch up fixes.
    It's actually a really fun car to drive.
    Will be interesting to see if it is more economical to run now that I've replaced the thermostat too. It was staying cold for ages, and on pulling the old one out, one of the internal rubber seals had failed, letting water bypass.

17. Post
    Gave the supra a wash
    and then another
    and a third one

8 months of grime was quiiite an effort to get off, but **** it shines now, still gotta get something to remove some tar and bugs, so looking for peoples opinion on various goops for cleaning that stuff off

then I pulled wheels off to measure the offset and so on, as I am tiring of my 18" wheels, they are 100% chinesium and while I like the design, they are so heavy, and so annoying to balance and to keep leak free, so looking at replacments at some point in the future, and also swapped on the factory wheels for a giggle

**** I love my rattle gun for this kinda work, as long as I take care to start threading by hand, its just fantastic

18. Post
    MAC_HATER wrote:
    Gave the supra a wash
    and then another
    and a third one

8 months of grime was quiiite an effort to get off, but **** it shines now, still gotta get something to remove some tar and bugs, so looking for peoples opinion on various goops for cleaning that stuff off

then I pulled wheels off to measure the offset and so on, as I am tiring of my 18" wheels, they are 100% chinesium and while I like the design, they are so heavy, and so annoying to balance and to keep leak free, so looking at replacments at some point in the future, and also swapped on the factory wheels for a giggle

**** I love my rattle gun for this kinda work, as long as I take care to start threading by hand, its just fantastic
    Heard good things about these:

VALETPRO CITRUS TAR & GLUE REMOVER https://www.unitedcarcare.co.nz/prod...r-glue-remover
    AUTO GLYM INTENSIVE TAR REMOVER https://abledistribution.co.nz/premi...r-remover.html

19. Post
    Changed out my spark plugs on my volvo v50. They needed it. They had done 115kkms.

Car drives better at low revs. Gear changes might be a bit better too.

Name:	IMG_20190908_162644.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	227276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190908_162644.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	227276

20. Post
    gpig wrote:
    Heard good things about these:

VALETPRO CITRUS TAR & GLUE REMOVER https://www.unitedcarcare.co.nz/prod...r-glue-remover
    AUTO GLYM INTENSIVE TAR REMOVER https://abledistribution.co.nz/premi...r-remover.html
    oooh, thanks!

21. Post
    Took the Toyota Schitz around Manfeild today. It was interesting rather than fast, due to the brake rotors being a bit tired.

Plus, some random road tyres, and interesting wandering the back around under brakes.

Didn't die. Drove it there. Thrashed it. Drove it back.

Sum total of my race prep was "tape cruddy headunit in place so it didn't fall out".

22. Post
    Hi! long time no see. Put new rubber on the Pandawagon this week

Name:	71334144_10162248536040641_254534566713229312_o.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	596.4 KB 
ID:	227377

23. Post
    Dropped one in to get a WOF + coolant flush + trans flush. All the fun jobs I don't want making a mess at home. Took apart the doors on another to starting fixing the rust. Evils were found.

24. Post
    Got the GTB back, feels like new again. Really happy with the work, WOF sorted now too.

25. Post
    took the b4 for a drive today noticed the front seems a little skettchy under braking, looked and its the standard b4 lca bushings any replacements that last longer then the factory replacements?