What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 30,376 to 30,400 of 30435

1. Post
    blocked down the car over the week got it in some primer getting ready for a fresh coat of paint.

tossing up between the new gunmetal grey on the r35 gtr or soul crystal red.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73232600_408180236513267_981001793473347584_n.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	227471

Name:	bumper.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	227472

2. Post
    Used the Toyota Schitz to start teaching somebody how to drive manual yesterday.

Confirming to myself the purchase of a sacrificial car to do so

3. Post
    I reacquired the Deathmarch, and have some work to do to get a warrant on it. One thing was dealing with a big crease on the inner guard from a crash many years ago. Luckily my dad was a panel beater about 40 years ago, so we got stuck in and put it pretty close to right.

I've already replaced the windscreen which had a badly repaired chip, and sourced a new wheel bearing and a pair of cv boots.

I've spent more than it cost to to buy the car back, with more to come.

4. Post
    Shes been a busy thursday-saturday. painted the silvia, made myself a custom colour copper base with wine red candy looks a beaut in person now rest of the weekend reassembling and blacking out lips and mirrors and wheels.

Name:	s15 bumper.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	227579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s15 front.jpg 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	227578

Name:	s15 painted.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	227577

5. Post
    Got my car back from the dealer today after they fixed a few issues, surprisingly they replaced the front tyres.

Not sure if they’re any good but will be ok for now, hankook ventus s1 evo2 is what they put on.

6. Post
    Had them on my old Merc because got them quite cheap. Never really pushed them in that car but for the price they appeared to review ok, typically coming around mid pack in most tests.

7. Post
    Nzldstryr wrote:
    Shes been a busy thursday-saturday. painted the silvia, made myself a custom colour copper base with wine red candy looks a beaut in person now rest of the weekend reassembling and blacking out lips and mirrors and wheels.
    Looking lush, I really like that colour.

8. Post
    Nzldstryr wrote:

Name:	s15 bumper.jpg 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	227579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s15 front.jpg 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	227578

Name:	s15 painted.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	227577
    Love that colour!

9. Post
    Roadster got stolen from outside my house this morning. Damn degenerates

10. Post
    Well that sucks.

11. Post
    Had a brilliant time doing bogan hood shit with my parents driving their car for them on the Mopar weekend down here

There was a fair amount of roadside work and tinkering to be done with vehicles of this age, to their one or stopping to help others who had issues, everyone was really cool, and there were so many awesome cars taking part

12. Post
    Dans wrote:
    Roadster got stolen from outside my house this morning. Damn degenerates
    Shit man, lots more getting stolen lately, I liked it more when everyone hated them.

13. Post
    Noticed on my way home from work yesterday that I had turned my boost controller off at some point.
    Turned it back on. Car goes way better at 1.6 bar of boost than 1.0 lol

14. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Shit man, lots more getting stolen lately, I liked it more when everyone hated them.
    Yep, it's weird how that happened huh.

Haven't heard anything back from the cops yet, starting to assume it's goneburgers. There's no way the wheels didn't get pinched at a minimum.

The thieves also reversed into my skyline parked directly across the road from it and dented in the front right guard, something insurance aren't interested in covering. such a PITA

15. Post
    Lol at expecting cops to do anything. They'll ask you to contact your insurance company and wash their hands of it.

16. Post
    What did you expect they should do exactly? It's a needle in a haystack unless they happen to see it driving around and pull it over or something along those lines. Could be anywhere in the country by now.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

17. Post
    Yeah, the sad truth. It's not like CSI where they can examine some hairs dropped by the thief and track them back to the salon they got their hair cut at. The car info will be loaded into the _extra large_ stolen car database and will be flagged as such if it's ever discovered.

18. Post
    This is where ANPR on cop cars comes in really handy, half the time the idiots are still driving them around.

19. Post
    My NA was stolen like 2 months ago. Chucked a post up on facebook and someone spotted it just parked on the side of the road the same afternoon.

Looking back I should have never reported it. Ended up having to pay a $600 excess and a 4 week wait to get it back just for a broken ignition and a smashed quarter glass.

20. Post
    working on vehicles that were on classic rego before I was even born.

Firsts - using tools with weird fractions on them instead of sizes.

now waiting for parts.. just gonna lap a new valve in and send it. being side valve the broken valve didn't smush the cylinder.

21. Post
    Still needs more Magnusson supercharger

22. Post
    well if it had a supercharger it wouldn't need all 8 cylinders

23. Post
    Cracked one of my ramps getting car onto trailer
    And here I was worried about breaking something on the car on Sunday

24. Post
    After 6 visits to two Repcos and one Appco, I finally got all the cv boots I needed.

25. Post
    I ordered some steering rack boots from Toyota, 35mm boot with a 70mm steering rack. I gave it a good try, but there was no way I was getting those on. Went to Repco and got generic ones and cut it to 60mm, still a tight fit, but actually achievable. Waiting on a few more bits from RockAuto (best parts site ever), then i'll be reinstalling the rack. Exciting stuff.