What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 29,776 to 29,800 of 30060

1. Post
    Attempted to fix the AirCon on my stupid VW. But it seems it's not a gas problem.

No doubt it's going to be expensive.

2. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    Attempted to fix the AirCon on my stupid VW. But it seems it's not a gas problem.

No doubt it's going to be expensive.
    *dislike*

That's a frustrating outcome.

3. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    *dislike*

That's a frustrating outcome.
    2nd problem in a short space after coming out of warranty. time for a replacement.
    Last edited by darkness_nz; 10th March 2019 at 7:08 pm. Reason: spelling.

4. Post
    Like a GTR.....

5. Post
    Literally have not logged into GP for a good few years haha! still seeing the same peeps posting like nothings changed... Ive since moved countries and brought more toys.

So I have another Evo now, and I've just finished a head rebuild. New head with medium head work done, cams & springs etc etc, new E9 multi layer head gasket and E9 cambelt kit with a good freshen up all round. she came up looking mint and ready to suck up some ethanol.
    That with all the other mods I have done it should make some decent killa wasps.

6. Post
    JvJ wrote:
    Completed major structural work on the IRS transplant, bit of a milestone after 120 hours of work in the last month, and about 400 hours in total just on the rear suspension to get to here. Starting road trials this week.
    Nice, I'd love an early gen RX7 but the old suspension architecture is a little off putting for racing/handling. Had always wondered about fabbing over MX5 stuff, but thats way above my skill level.

7. Post
    Nearly got driven into by a WRX running from the Police after work. So that was kind of interesting.

8. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    Nearly got driven into by a WRX running from the Police after work. So that was kind of interesting.
    #PoriruaLyf ?

9. Post
    Replaced thermostat, last 3 spark plugs after ECS shipped the wrong ones, and VANOS o-rings.

Got familiar with all sorts of broken screw removal tools, many swears were had.

Car seems to run warmer now and I think the idle is lower.

10. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    #PoriruaLyf ?
    Porirua indeed! They were heading to Porirua East, with two cops cars hot on their tail.

11. Post
    Quoted $4k to fix the aircon in my VW by the dealer. **** that and the horse they rode in on. This is the worst car I've owned. Time for a second opinion then get rid of it.

12. Post
    What did they say was wrong with it?

13. Post
    Compressor unit. But they would have to replace more because it's possibly put metal shavings through the whole system.

14. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    Quoted $4k to fix the aircon in my VW by the dealer. **** that and the horse they rode in on. This is the worst car I've owned. Time for a second opinion then get rid of it.
    Compressor probably died and put bits of itself through the whole system, seems to be a vw thing

15. Post
    darkness_nz wrote:
    Compressor unit. But they would have to replace more because it's possibly put metal shavings through the whole system.
    That's about right then. Massive job. You can throw just a compressor at it. But you take on that risk. They'll be changing everything.

16. Post
    I simply can't afford that at the moment. So not going to happen.

17. Post
    Then just fit a second hand compressor. If it fails later on, not a big deal.

18. Post
    Painted the wheel inserts black. Looks a bit more filled out now. New vs old

19. Post
    Thought you had a Legacy. Either way that looks good. Is it the sun reflection or are the head lights pretty faded?

20. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Thought you had a Legacy. Either way that looks good. Is it the sun reflection or are the head lights pretty faded?
    Cheers man!
    I sold that off as needed a wagon again. Yeah headlights were pretty badly faded I've cleared them up now.

21. Post
    are they big brakes i spy?

22. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    are they big brakes i spy?
    Yes they are. Rips your face off if you push on the brakes hard

23. Post
    What flavour brakes? Eyeing up some Wilwoods for one of the projects with much larger rotors. Stopping quick is good.

24. Post
    Should probably add what the car has I guess.
    2jz-ge
    Cxracing titanium 6-2-1 headers
    3" pipe to resonator and trust muffler
    Upgraded fuel rail
    Been tuned for air/fuel mixtures apparently but when I looked into what that meant I couldn't quite make out what it actually was.
    H&m intake
    Hks panel filter
    Tomei cam pulleys
    Ngk iridiums
    Upgraded coil packs

Kyb shocks
    Dobi super lows
    Upgraded brakes and discs, can't remember what they are from now lol I think Supra or something newer. TRD calipers is as much as I know
    Advanti stage wheels
    Angel headlights with RGB lol
    TRD grille
    TRD skirts
    TRD shifter

Android headunit
    Reversing camera and dash cam connected up
    Whole interior has been retrofitted with LEDs instead.

Had a fresh respray last year and receipts total over $3500 for that alone.

Really happy with it to be honest.

25. Post
    Notbad.jpg Bit of coin spent on that one!