What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 29,726 to 29,750 of 29952

1. Post
    Looked at it in the garage, decided not to bother pulling anything else off it and went back inside for a bourbon.

2. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    Kind of "usual" salesperson antics.

Before sale: Everything on this car is totally great
    After sale: Everything wrong with this car is just fair wear and tear.

Or in this case: You needed to have spent more money. [eyeroll]
    Yup. Purchased an E39 from them a few years ago. Guy was a total asshole and ill never deal with them again. Real arrogant, and very rude. I even overheard him talking shit about me behind my back after he thought i left. They refused to fix a bunch of issues (saying the car was cheap enough as it was) and treated me like scum until i flashed the wad of cash.

3. Post
    Some new panel work, courtesy of a learner driver (without supervisor)

Creased bonnet tells me this is going to cost this poor (likely uninsured) soul.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	807.0 KB 
ID:	224947

4. Post
    What were they driving?

5. Post
    Rav4 with a ladder on the back. Both in right turn lane, they changed their mind and reversed to get enough space to turn.

6. Post
    Ooops, that aint gonna be cheap.

7. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    Yup. Purchased an E39 from them a few years ago. Guy was a total asshole and ill never deal with them again. Real arrogant, and very rude. I even overheard him talking shit about me behind my back after he thought i left. They refused to fix a bunch of issues (saying the car was cheap enough as it was) and treated me like scum until i flashed the wad of cash.
    Sounds exactly like my experience too Good to see that they are consistent. Certainly their rating on Google seems to speak of their customer friendliness (and lack thereof).

8. Post

Name:	51150929_944244575965604_5532727117806043136_n.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	201.6 KB 
ID:	224948

Bit of progress

9. Post
    Spent the morning cleaning the white wheels for the GTR as they look heaps better on a white car than black ones.

However, this is why you don't buy cheap junk wheels.

Is it possible for a wheel repairer to fix a crack like that, or should I throw the piece of shit in the bin?

10. Post
    Even if it could be repaired whats the bet it will happen again down the line.

One of reason ive always loved BMW's, spoiled choice in cheap but decent quality rims.

11. Post
    Get it fixed, shouldn't be a biggie. How old are they? I had a 4 year old Koya Dorift Tekkk crack a spoke and they sent me another one for free.

12. Post
    I have had a wheel repaired with a similar crack, R35 GTR wheel though if it makes a difference. Four or five years later still fine hasnt re-cracked but i was warned by the repairer it could.

13. Post
    The date stamp on the rim is 2011. They haven't been on a vehicle for a couple of years though.

14. Post
    Pulled down the speedometer that "wouldn't go past 100" out of a wrecked vehicle just for a laugh really.

It wouldn't go past 100 because the bar that makes the JDM speed warning chime was jamming on the meter, because someone had been regularly winding the Odometer back to probably evade RUC charges...

15. Post
    Bought it and cleaned it.

Name:	IMG_20190204_101722.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	373.3 KB 
ID:	224961

16. Post
    ^ Tidy. Hopefully it hasn't towed anything too Titanic sized

17. Post
    Just won an Audi A4 Avant 2013 with 39k on clock at auction in Japan. Going to be a long 6 weeks before it arrives.

Name:	IMG_20190129_163839_resized.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	224962

18. Post
    Got the tyre taken off the rim and dropped it off. Should be all fixed up this afternoon

Will take the car in for a WOF and a wheel alignment later this week, then I can try sell it. Not looking forward to dealing with ****wits trying to sell it though...

19. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    Spent the morning cleaning the white wheels for the GTR as they look heaps better on a white car than black ones.

However, this is why you don't buy cheap junk wheels.

Is it possible for a wheel repairer to fix a crack like that, or should I throw the piece of shit in the bin?

Yes. MIg or Tig should do the job.

20. Post
    Bought a set of Kickers to replace the old Pioneers.

Massive difference in sound, and now have a heap of new rattles to sort out

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190213_130238.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	327.9 KB 
ID:	225098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190213_130338.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	263.8 KB 
ID:	225099  

21. Post
    Took the 86 in and left it at the dealer for the valve spring recall, and got a brand new Yaris loaner (126km on the odo).

Read (tonight) about another 86 club guy whose engine went "splode" 30 minutes after the valve spring recall was completed.

Awkward.

22. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    Took the 86 in and left it at the dealer for the valve spring recall, and got a brand new Yaris loaner (126km on the odo).

Read (tonight) about another 86 club guy whose engine went "splode" 30 minutes after the valve spring recall was completed.

Awkward.
    I mean, I guess if an engines gonna blow at least a rebuild courtesy of the dealer is the way to do it maybe? But then again they're the ones that will be doing the rebuild..

23. Post
    Yeah, it's not an ideal scenario. You'd really want just a new crate motor, not a rebuild.

Chatted to the dealer guys today, and they are doing it all slowly, because I'm the first one they've done. So it's not going to be ready until at least Monday. They're very aware that other dealerships are having troubles after the rebuild, so they don't want to cock it up.

The Yaris is pretty awful as a car, but a great appliance. Stereo picks up spotify really fast on the phone, has a good reverse camera. But the driving experience is ghastly. Dumb automatic, insane light steering, did I mention dumb automatic ....?

24. Post
    Sounds like most new Toyotas. Driving a Rav4 on gravel with such light steering is not an enjoyable experience.

25. Post
    Make the steering heavier by wrapping banana skins around the column. Thank me later.