Got mah pieces
    Name:  50553614_10212960483827621_2752805292042354688_o.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  412.3 KB

2. Post
    Hektik skids on

3. Post
    GaR wrote:
    There's no reason to use a sporty seat in a sim rig, since there's no need for lateral support.

I got a seat from a 1990ish Galant/Eterna from Pickapart, chosen for its comfort. Something lighter would be better for portability, mind you.
    I kind of disagree, if you're playing a rally game or something where you're waving your arms around then having support from your seat helps keep everything relaxed so you can focus on steering. It also means you can be a lazy c**t since it basically supports you just sitting there.

A decent seat from an economy spec car would be fine for this since (i.e. a 90's Levin seat) many have a bit of lateral padding (but something like an Recaro would still be more comfortable but probably not worth spending $400 vs $30 imo).

4. Post
    Unless your force feedback is a good deal gruntier than anything I've used I can't see how it would be an issue. Race seats are useful for dealing with lateral Gs, and **** all else.

5. Post
    High-end direct drive wheels have 10-20Nm of torque and are a hell of workout. A Logitech G20/G29 has just 2.2Nm for comparison.

6. Post
    Another day another $1000 sensor failure.

7. Post
    Oof, glad I'm not paying those bills.

8. Post
    It's pretty shit. Every little thing costs a $1000.

Idle control actuator? $1000, there's 2.
    Vanos solenoid? $1000, and there.s 4.
    Throttle actuators? $1000.
    Knock sensor? Only $500!

9. Post
    Where are you buying your parts from GorGasm?

10. Post
    ECS, FCP, Turner MS, Pelican. Whoever has it cheapest really...

11. Post
    ^ Ahhh f**k is this the "Euro Life" i'm to expect now that i'm a Volvo aficionado? Or is it more "BMW Life"?

Edit; what are your guys thoughts on second-hand parts? When i did the turbo's on my B4, brand new ones would have been more than the car was worth.

12. Post
    Depends what it is. In the case of the parts I need, anything second hand is likely not far off the same fate as what I have. But in any case, there aren't any second hand parts for me.

13. Post
    Decided I should get my Civic going as my Skyline is being a dick at the moment.
    I needed to replace the oil return from the turbo as it had split when I was yanking the manifold out of the way when taking the head off.
    The moment I removed the old one from the fitting on the sump I discovered that the fitting had been put in below the oil level
    I was stuck trying to cut a new piece of hose and get hose clamps on one handed as the other one had to plug the hole in the sump lol.
    It turned out that the hose I had wasn't stiff enough to make the bend without crimping, so it will be attempt 2 tonight with some -10 braid.

14. Post
    Ah yes, good old ///M tax. A quick way to empty the wallet, but oh so worth it.

15. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    It's pretty shit. Every little thing costs a $1000.

Idle control actuator? $1000, there's 2.
    Vanos solenoid? $1000, and there.s 4.
    Throttle actuators? $1000.
    Knock sensor? Only $500!
    I would laugh, I own an Audi S4 sooo.....

16. Post
    Bunch of sadists tbh.

17. Post
    When I had my BMW every service somehow ended up costing 1k they always found something, but felt like i needed to do it to keep up the mechanical warranty.

Also i'm looking at replacing the CR-Z in the next day or 2 so taking these for a test drive tonight and tomorrow.
    I'm just looking for small 4 door run about to be good on gas and fit my baby seat in the back. I do 45 km each way half rural 100 and half stop go motorway. so trying to stay away from 2L +

What are pros and cons? (I've got all prices down to 5k cash driveaway)

2006 Colt Ralliart Turbo (non Version R) 50k kms
    2007 Jazz Sport 1.5 L 50k kms
    2006 Prius 110k km's

I've got the Prius in there as its gonna be boring but good on gas and the colt ralliart will be a bit more fun and thirsty, I feel the Jazz will be middle ground.

I've also got enough cash left over for a beginner bike so maybe don't need the fun on the 1.5 Turbo Colt.
    Last edited by Lemieux_66; 22nd January 2019 at 4:50 pm.

18. Post
    One of my outbacks rear end wheel bearings is singing the song of imminent death. Someone i know sent me to partsouq. Ordered two sets for the cost of a single repco oem set. Going to do both sides as i cant tell which one is poked and for peace of mind.

19. Post
    Lemieux_66 wrote:
    When I had my BMW every service somehow ended up costing 1k they always found something, but felt like i needed to do it to keep up the mechanical warranty.

Also i'm looking at replacing the CR-Z in the next day or 2 so taking these for a test drive tonight and tomorrow.
    I'm just looking for small 4 door run about to be good on gas and fit my baby seat in the back. I do 45 km each way half rural 100 and half stop go motorway. so trying to stay away from 2L +

What are pros and cons? (I've got all prices down to 5k cash driveaway)

2006 Colt Ralliart Turbo (non Version R) 50k kms
    2007 Jazz Sport 1.5 L 50k kms
    2006 Prius 110k km's

I've got the Prius in there as its gonna be boring but good on gas and the colt ralliart will be a bit more fun and thirsty, I feel the Jazz will be middle ground.

I've also got enough cash left over for a beginner bike so maybe don't need the fun on the 1.5 Turbo Colt.
    I'd forget the Mitsi - just not a good car.

The Jazz would be good in manual but I wouldn't trust the auto (early CVT that wasn't very robust). Prius would be a good bet if you can stand how it looks and drives.

All of those mileages are suspeciously low, personally I'd rather grab something newer that had done 'normal' mileage (>10k/year)

20. Post
    Either the Jazz or Prius will do the job. Prius is a bit bigger inside (assuming it's a Prius rather than a Prius C / Aqua smaller thing).

21. Post
    Colt turbos are great fun little cars to drive and very reliable. Lots of options for modding. Bad interior space though.

The first gen CVT Jazz/Fit are shit. Avoid. Get a second gen RS, they are much better and dont suffer the CVT issues. Interior space is very good.

Prius are as boring as a block of tofu to drive.

22. Post
    Konev wrote:
    One of my outbacks rear end wheel bearings is singing the song of imminent death. Someone i know sent me to partsouq. Ordered two sets for the cost of a single repco oem set. Going to do both sides as i cant tell which one is poked and for peace of mind.
    Does it whine at a certain speed?

23. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Does it whine at a certain speed?
    aboove about 40 and relates to wheel speed.

24. Post
    Konev wrote:
    aboove about 40 and relates to wheel speed.
    Sweet seems mines doing the same now. Better order me some too

25. Post
    Under 9000k on the clock and two new front tyres... ~2k down the gurgler - little bit sour over it. C'est la vie.