What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 29,676 to 29,700 of 29858

  1. Post
    ludez wrote:
    And yep it's a 2004 have had a look at eBay and don't list any for the 04 McIntosh one.
    have a look around for the conversion kit, just noticed the one i linked inst the exact one, imr ather lucky, mine came from Japan with it already done. even if it is pricey, still worth it over a hack job.

  2. Post
    Konev wrote:
    have a look around for the conversion kit, just noticed the one i linked inst the exact one, imr ather lucky, mine came from Japan with it already done. even if it is pricey, still worth it over a hack job.
    My plan was to remove the top flap above stereo and add a double din in there or a tablet. It has a parrot mki9200 already installed but it hasn't been integrated into the McIntosh amp.

  3. Post
    Wife has a 2003 Legacy 3.0R, JDM, and i was thinking about getting the whole system unit pulled out and some kind of double DIN Apple CarPlay enabled unit installed. It has the screen at the top of the dash for the nav and systems stuff, but it's all in Japanese, and the nav puts me in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and keeps telling me to drive back to land!

    Was thinking about just getting someone to do it, because i can't be arsed doing it myself, and know i'll break/ruin something. Mad Sounds here in Hamilton seem okay. My wife loves the bells and whistles in my new Volvo, so whilst all she does is listen to the radio, having something decent, maybe with an integrated reversing cam, would be cool.

    Suggestions from the GP fam?

  4. Post
    That's the McIntosh dilemma. It's better than the standard audio set up in the Legacy, but it's an arse to replace.

    I had the standard audio and was able to change to aftermarket easily and had far better SQ than McIntosh.

  5. Post
    Mad Sounds are very good at what they do. They installed the audio in my Skyline back in 2002.

  6. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Mad Sounds are very good at what they do. They installed the audio in my Skyline back in 2002.
    I went in one day and asked for a Toyota to Pioneer loom, they went and made one up for me, handed it over, i asked what i owed, they said "Don't worry about it". Pretty decent really.

  7. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I went in one day and asked for a Toyota to Pioneer loom, they went and made one up for me, handed it over, i asked what i owed, they said "Don't worry about it". Pretty decent really.
    That's how to win life long customers.

    Yeah BL/BP legacy are a pita to upgrade headunits in. The fascia kits are bloody expensive and then if you are lucky enough to have a McIntosh headunit, it a hassle to get the amp to work with a replacement headunit.
    There are units that add Bluetooth to the stock headunit which tends to be good enough to satisfy most people. GROM Audio make some of the better plug-in kits.

  8. Post
    Yeah I'm actually ok with the factory stereo except for the reception is shit, and the parrot system isn't plugged into the amp

  9. Post
    My McIntosh system came with a 30pin Apple connection which I put a cheapo Bluetooth adapter on, it works well. Unfortunately I've got a Samsung so I can't use the steering wheel controls to change tracks.

    I was considering upgrading the factory sub but I don't think the amp gives it enough power to make it worth while.

  10. Post
    Galent wrote:
    My McIntosh system came with a 30pin Apple connection which I put a cheapo Bluetooth adapter on, it works well. Unfortunately I've got a Samsung so I can't use the steering wheel controls to change tracks.

    I was considering upgrading the factory sub but I don't think the amp gives it enough power to make it worth while.
    Buy a cheap shuffle and leave it plugged in inside the glovebox

  11. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    Buy a cheap shuffle and leave it plugged in inside the glovebox
    I only use Spotify these days otherwise that would be a great idea.

  12. Post
    1randomkiwi wrote:
    That's how to win life long customers.

    Yeah BL/BP legacy are a pita to upgrade headunits in. The fascia kits are bloody expensive and then if you are lucky enough to have a McIntosh headunit, it a hassle to get the amp to work with a replacement headunit.
    There are units that add Bluetooth to the stock headunit which tends to be good enough to satisfy most people. GROM Audio make some of the better plug-in kits.
    For sure. Probably only cost them $20, but the number of people i've told that story to ........

    The radio reception is bad, the speakers are crackly, the CD player (a 6-disc in-dash one) doesn't work, frequency range only goes to 90, etc. Would sooner just rip the whole lot out and get it replaced with something kick arse.

  13. Post
    Galent wrote:
    I only use Spotify these days otherwise that would be a great idea.
    In which case see if you can find an old second hand iPhone? I dunno I don't use apple other than my shuffle for the above reason

  14. Post
    Old iPod touch with downloaded Spotify playlist is the way to go.

  15. Post
    ludez wrote:
    4th gen but I'm not paying $600 for a fascia kit
    I could possibly get you a second hand one from Japan. Depending on interior colour etc.

  16. Post
    ollieboy wrote:
    I could possibly get you a second hand one from Japan. Depending on interior colour etc.
    Yeah could be keen have the black McIntosh

  17. Post
    Alright I'll have a look. I'm just on lunch at the moment but still PM you later on.

  18. Post
    Returned Kia to car yard for a refund (their decision, rather than skim front discs and fix rear wiper, go figure eh?) ... salesman was walking cliche of every arrogant salesman burning bridges I've met. So I guess he just really really really wants me to go slam the company on Facebook?

    NB: I was nothing other than 100% polite in every interaction, which in hindsight, was a waste of effort.

  19. Post
    lol

  20. Post
    Leon, name and shame here too please!

  21. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    Returned Kia to car yard for a refund (their decision, rather than skim front discs and fix rear wiper, go figure eh?) ... salesman was walking cliche of every arrogant salesman burning bridges I've met. So I guess he just really really really wants me to go slam the company on Facebook?

    NB: I was nothing other than 100% polite in every interaction, which in hindsight, was a waste of effort.
    Why spend money repairing it when you can potentially resell it on to a sucker who won't complain?

  22. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Why spend money repairing it when you can potentially resell it on to a sucker who won't complain?
    Bet its 110% this.

  23. Post
    #countrybumpkin So I went through a carwash (brushless) for the first time ever. Susprisingly my 23 year old car which is half made out of aftermarket fiberglass replica bits didn't explode, more importantly it didn't leak anywhere near as much as I expected.

  24. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Why spend money repairing it when you can potentially resell it on to a sucker who won't complain?
    Indeed so. Hopefully they (a future owner) don't get burned by the RUC issue, it was sold as being up to date with RUC's, but when I checked it, it was actually 3000km behind in RUC's. As well as the brake shimmy issue, also very worn front pads, and very very very worn rear brake pads.

    Or it will suddenly turn up for sale at Trade In Clearance, with nothing fixed ...

  25. Post
    With BMW out of the shed figured it was as good a time as any to clean out the garage.

    Wont be doing that again any time in the next 3 years