What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 29,501 to 29,525 of 29943

1. Post
    Disinfo wrote:
    Is the original Sorento Pajero based or is that just the uggo Hyundai one from the same time period.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sorento.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	473.2 KB 
ID:	224549

Unsure, but it looks like this.

2. Post
    These ones are definitely a Pajero-based chassis: https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...1890775455.htm

3. Post
    New box in and first proper session done.

Sent from my M6 Note using Tapatalk

4. Post
    That Civic looks fun

5. Post
    Disinfo wrote:
    These ones are definitely a Pajero-based chassis: https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...1890775455.htm
    TIL. They've always been a big ugly dog of a thing, atleast with a Sorento Fe, there's less ugly to look at because they're smaller.

6. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    Mother f....

This is what it looks like with the pod filter, which shows you what I'm talking about.

https://i.imgur.com/TTMoW80.jpg

halp!
    This looks like its going to increase IAT and probably reduce power as a result. As others have said, Id also ditch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. Post
    New gearbox was going good, ended up venting the block as well. Mint weekend ..

8. Post
    Mazda 3 2007 sports

Yeah I'm a car noob, slowly learning with a mechanic friend of mine, we've been trying to troubleshoot this slowly when he's free.

I wanted the car to sound a little meatier (it's stupidly quiet) and don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to boyracer it up, i just want the car to sound deeper, so I figured a pod filter would be enough.

Anything else I can do besides the pod filter? I can try cleaning the sensor and mounting it differently as a "final test" and if no luck I will go refund the filter and just keep it stock.

I heard something about a coby if I want a little sound, but i'm not entirely sure.

9. Post
    Exhaust system basically is your next step.

10. Post
    If that's the 2.3 Mazda 3, they are very sensitive to changes without reflashing the ecu. Or at least the MPS version was. They had 2 o2 sensors in them, and if the exhaust wasn't designed right they will constantly throw check engine lights.

I put a k&n filter in my standard airbox with no problem.

11. Post
    Knock knock

12. Post
    lol

13. Post
    Coffeeshop wrote:
    Knock knock
    No so much a knock knock joke but a HEEEERRRREEESSSSS JOHNY

14. Post
    Wouldn't the appropriate slogan for a Mazda be "Zoom Zoom Boom".

15. Post
    MarksoN wrote:
    No so much a knock knock joke but a HEEEERRRREEESSSSS JOHNY
    Got a chuckle out of this.

Any idea why it happened?

16. Post
    blackbox wrote:
    Because boost is an offence against nature

In unrelated news, looks like the Prius is going to sell. With the Swift gone, I'm now down from 4 cars to 2 cars for now. Will be shopping for tow vehicle though, which will bring the fleet back up to 3 again.

17. Post
    blackbox wrote:
    Got a chuckle out of this.

Probably because stock block/internals + boost+ 11 track events +i drive the car quite hard + heat.
    Wasnt actually logging that session so not sure if lean spike or random event. Changed into 5th on the main straight around 160kph and went bang just after that.

18. Post
    Coffeeshop wrote:
    Knock knock

Serious question, have you looked into potentially putting an FE3 in? 2.0 16v Mazda engine commonly found in Kia Sportages, they're great on boost, very similar to BP but built for turbo from factory with strong internals.

They see 500hp on stock internals quite often in the states with no dramas, more than enough for what you'd want. Could do 250hp all day on it. Its like Mazda's 4g63, absolutely solid engine and can be picked up pretty cheap and fit without much fuss.

19. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Serious question, have you looked into potentially putting an FE3 in? 2.0 16v Mazda engine commonly found in Kia Sportages, they're great on boost, very similar to BP but built for turbo from factory with strong internals.

They see 500hp on stock internals quite often in the states with no dramas, more than enough for what you'd want. Could do 250hp all day on it. Its like Mazda's 4g63, absolutely solid engine and can be picked up pretty cheap and fit without much fuss.
    Being in a Sportage too, its longitudinal isin't it? so coolant lines and other bits are much less of a headache to work with during such a swap, rather than say taking one from a GTR Capella or 626 and having to convert everything to suit RWD

I still say KL-ZE with a blower though

20. Post
    Other than ****ed, what even is that piece of engine bits?
    Is it a small end or something?

21. Post
    I think the consensus was it was part of the rod? its like an alloy of sorts. But engine internals are well beyond my mechanical knowledge.

22. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    Other than ****ed, what even is that piece of engine bits?
    Is it a small end or something?
    It looks like a piece of the bottom end of the piston, that groove looks a lot like the gudgeon pin clip/retainer and what's left of the hole would be for oiling from a squirter down below

23. Post
    Looked like something from this part of the rod to me
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  13.9 KB

24. Post
    Rookies. That's clearly a head gasket.

25. Post
    MarksoN wrote:
    Looked like something from this part of the rod to me
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  13.9 KB
    Yea I thought that maybe at first too but the curve you can see in the pic with his hand is machined not cast/forged

If you have a look at the area below the gudgeon pin in your picture that's where I think it's from its has the machined round surface for the pin and the groove to hold it in with a circlip/retainer, either way it's wholey irrelevant tbh as figuring out where bits come from isn't going to help much, ****s ****ed, time to get on with fixing