What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 30,576 to 30,600 of 30695

1. Post
    Once the dealer has your money they don't give a shit anymore. I haven't had many positive dealer experiences in the dozen or so cars I have bought.

I had a couple of people interested in the M5, one viewing tonight and one who said they would fly up and drive it home this week. Seems promising.

I also had numpties asking what my bottom dollar is or if I will take 3 grand under asking on my trademe ad. Why the **** would I reply to that? The asking price is the asking price. If I only wanted $18k for it, the asking price would be $18k.

2. Post
    Did they offer you cash tho? Surely you will take less if it's a bag of cash instead of a pesky bank transfer.

3. Post
    I had a 2009 Audi A4 with "custom 20" wheels" plus some cash offer via txt.

Ignored as cash amount not specified.

4. Post
    20bux and a sneaky hand shandy probably

5. Post
    I reply to swaps offers by adding another $2k for disposal of their car. Gets some interesting replies

6. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    Once the dealer has your money they don't give a shit anymore. I haven't had many positive dealer experiences in the dozen or so cars I have bought.
    Yeah, they were hopeless when buying too so from all this just donít buy a car from Eurosport.

7. Post
    yea as much as i would like to agree about dealers being useless the ones antil33t are referring to are especially useless, i gave them my number while visiting to inquire 3 times (to different sales people who'd just spent 10 minutes apologizing and exclaiming the previous guy was just useless) to call me with an ETA on the exact car antil33t purchased, yet it arrived and sold (to him) and im yet to hear from them, i strongly doubt they have the ability to provide any form of customer service at all, let alone good.

basically eurosport are teh suck

8. Post
    I had some guy ask me how much for the bull bar on the Prado I was selling.
    He didn't like that it was $13k and he was free to do what he wanted with the rest of the vehicle.
    What sort of answer do you expect when you ask a person selling a whole ****ing vehicle?

9. Post
    <sigh> The person that viewed it tonight came and had a drive, agreed it was mint and then low balled. Nice enough folk, but y'all gonna need some money if you are buying an M5.

10. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    yea as much as i would like to agree about dealers being useless the ones antil33t are referring to are especially useless, i gave them my number while visiting to inquire 3 times (to different sales people who'd just spent 10 minutes apologizing and exclaiming the previous guy was just useless) to call me with an ETA on the exact car antil33t purchased, yet it arrived and sold (to him) and im yet to hear from them, i strongly doubt they have the ability to provide any form of customer service at all, let alone good.

basically eurosport are teh suck
    Not gonna lie the car is very very tidy and nice, clean exceptionally well looked after and all that. Itís
    Gonna cost me $160 to fix it myself if I import the intercooler pump myself. Might just fix it myself and talk shit about them on the internet to make myself feel better. Not like Iíll get to see it again until feb/early March now as the panel beaters pulled it down.

11. Post
    antil33t wrote:
    Not gonna lie the car is very very tidy and nice, clean exceptionally well looked after and all that. Itís
    Gonna cost me $160 to fix it myself if I import the intercooler pump myself. Might just fix it myself and talk shit about them on the internet to make myself feel better. Not like Iíll get to see it again until feb/early March now as the panel beaters pulled it down.
    Oh yea I have no doubts over the quality of the car or the insignificant issues, don't get me wrong this isn't a case of "ha ha glad you bought it, it's clearly a lemon" nor am I salty you got it before me. my issue is entirely with Eurosports shitty customer service, which is clearly not just directed to me using your contact (or lack thereof) as an example

12. Post
    The pump replacement is an easy job but it's annoying on principal.

P.S. If buying an E55, just skip right to buying my M5. Much more capable car .

Although this E55 looks nice:
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...c69cb07610-001

13. Post
    Nay, m5 doesn't look pretty enough

14. Post
    That's pretty nice alright. Good power too. Schwing.

15. Post
    The E55 is the ugly one IMO.

16. Post
    i mean, youre wrong, but you are entitled to that

17. Post
    I reckon they're about the same.

The real issue with the E55 is that they roll over and explode on fire at the sight of the first corner. It'll be the first car to get to the corner though.

18. Post
    Hey guys, I'm selling a car privately through trade me and someone has asked if I'm happy to receive financed money. I haven't been involved with anything like that before. This is probably a stupid question but provided I receive the funds in full and I'm not attached to their lending criteria in anyway is that all kosher? I can't be held liable for their repayments correct? Obviously not interested if it's possible for the lender to come knocking on my door for any reason. If this is the case then I'm unsure why they've even asked me? I don't care where their money comes from..

19. Post
    I'd be cautious... surely they'd simply apply for finance and the finance company would pay you directly.

Tips: https://www.aa.co.nz/cars/motoring-b...-buying-scams/

20. Post
    ive done it both ways (buying and selling privately using finance), seemed fine, payments went through no problems, the finance company puts a ppsr on the vehicle and thats about it

21. Post
    Cheers for that guys. Yeah they just clarified that they would apply for finance and I would be paid directly. Apparently they asked for pre approval and were told that my details aren't attached to car in the NZTA records. I haven't passed on any personal information other than my email address. I'm most definitely the registered owner.. I just double checked. Seems a bit strange but potentially harmless.

22. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    ive done it both ways
    heh heh heh

23. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    I reckon they're about the same.

The real issue with the E55 is that they roll over and explode on fire at the sight of the first corner. It'll be the first car to get to the corner though.
    But the real issues with the M5 is the big end bearings being maintenance items.

I wanted an M5 but the E55 is just more reliable. Plus Iím a lazy driver anyway, the lazy Ď55 handles right for me. Although I donít know anyone personally with an M5 I can only assume the handling is better but the E55
    Isnít horrible.. I mean itís not a Falcodore but yeah they have different strengths.

24. Post
    Hah the E55 is shocking, night and day difference to the M5 in handling. Fair comment on the reliability, the M5 isn't as bad as it's portrayed on the internet but BMW M part tax is pretty nasty when you do have to do something.

I ain't hating on the E55, it's a crazy car for the money and is a better commuter due to having 30% more torque and an auto box. If youre in it to shock and awe your passengers, then you'll enjoy the E55.

25. Post
    It's funny because everyone who drives my E55 thinks it handles real good haha, but they're coming from Japanese cars that aren't known for sharp handling. Yeah, I feel the internet blows it out of proportion a lot too.

I'd love a go in an E60 M5. I've always been a BMW person but the E55 just did it for me this time. Maybe an F10 M5 next time as I'm the fan of depreciation motoring.