What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 30,826 to 30,848 of 30848

  1. Post
    Damn that looks old school cool

  2. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Haha I know who you bought these off, he's in the Blit group
    Oh right! they seem pretty cool, they were real easy to deal with for sure

    And yeah, they ooze 80's Japanese style and design I reckon, and I am such a sucker for that sorta thing

  3. Post
    I assume this was the pair, with the third wheel also for sale?

    Look sick.

    I'd just check Yahoo! Auctions daily. Check the 8's out below!
    https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/...=Carol&x=0&y=0

  4. Post
    I've bought wheels from UpGarage through Moonlight Racing before - easy process and not too costly to get some less than popular wheels. You might just have to wait up to 3 months for the container, depending on timing. Just sayin'.

  5. Post
    Yeah I got a set of 15's off Yahoo, sent over by Jesse Streeter. Went air though, spendy (would be worse now with next to no planes), but arrived in a week. Close enough to overnight parts from Japan.

  6. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Yeah I got a set of 15's off Yahoo, sent over by Jesse Streeter. Went air though, spendy (would be worse now with next to no planes), but arrived in a week. Close enough to overnight parts from Japan.
    Nice one, Jessie.

  7. Post
    If you ask Alex at Moonlight will organise air freight for you too, makes the stuff pretty expensive though.

  8. Post
    E55's all done, back at home. just wasn't polished too well but still can't see the respray lines. happy with the repair.

    Intercooler pump was replaced yesterday too and it's more powerful than it was from day one.

    how ****ing terrifying.

  9. Post
    Daynger wrote:
    If you ask Alex at Moonlight will organise air freight for you too, makes the stuff pretty expensive though.
    Weirdly some things I've bought from Japan were cheaper via air than sea freight. Both Jesse / Alex are good, they're cheaper at certain things, I personally find Jesse cheaper most of the time.

    My rule of thumb is if its smallish items like wheels / mirrors etc, Jesse will be cheaper, if its massive and bulky like my hardtop was, Alex is cheaper.

  10. Post
    Sadly I have zero time to take photos these days, so here's the driveway before/after of lowering springs and 25mm spacers. Not shown, 3 year old in the back seat . Will grab a rear view of the spacers next time I get it out of the garage.

    Last edited by GorGasm; 23rd March 2020 at 12:13 am.

  11. Post
    antil33t wrote:
    E55's all done, back at home. just wasn't polished too well but still can't see the respray lines. happy with the repair.

    Intercooler pump was replaced yesterday too and it's more powerful than it was from day one.

    how ****ing terrifying.
    Needs pulley and tune.

  12. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    I assume this was the pair, with the third wheel also for sale?

    Look sick.

    I'd just check Yahoo! Auctions daily. Check the 8's out below!
    https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/...=Carol&x=0&y=0
    8" wides would be sweeeet, but the 7's I have are pushing the limits enough as it is, at the same time I wouldnt want to break a full set if I can get 1 or a pair sometime, but I will keep an eye out!

    Mutton wrote:
    I've bought wheels from UpGarage through Moonlight Racing before - easy process and not too costly to get some less than popular wheels. You might just have to wait up to 3 months for the container, depending on timing. Just sayin'.
    Daynger wrote:
    If you ask Alex at Moonlight will organise air freight for you too, makes the stuff pretty expensive though.
    Yeah I will Give Alex a buzz and see what they rekcon, though with all the border closures and the like would that have an effect on shipping from Japan too? A friend is also wanting to get some coilovers from RHDJapan and is worried it might get denied entry, there doesnt seem to be a proper yes\no answer to that question

  13. Post
    My new tow dolly gets around my driveway's sharp corner by literally a couple of inches. So that's clearly going to be a hair raising experience every time I use it. Also, couple hundred kg on wheels, when on a steep slope will piss off pretty quick when you unhook it from the tow ball. So I've got a decent gark in my leg from that.

    Photo is from my partner's driveway, not mine. Her driveway is stupid and terrible, but that's relating to a tiny gap between a fence and a house, which I can *just* get the Kia through, and can absolutely not get the dolly through.

    Name:  90354314_10220011788957996_1489327377866555392_n.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  128.6 KB

  14. Post
    antil33t wrote:
    E55's all done, back at home. just wasn't polished too well but still can't see the respray lines. happy with the repair.

    Intercooler pump was replaced yesterday too and it's more powerful than it was from day one.

    how ****ing terrifying.
    I lied, 300km later both tail lights which have been replaced twice now, have cracks in them...

  15. Post
    Your neighbours not like you?

    Did some welding, swearing and panel hammering. Not much achieved, except more warped panels most likely.

  16. Post
    haha. if it was physical damage i'd notice, it's just got random cracks appeared.

    oh well.. i hate cars.

  17. Post
    Like crazing cracking?

    I think all car plastics have been declining in quality since the 90's.

  18. Post
    Worst case scenario'ing here but the ass end could be tweaked just a little bit so when the housings are bolted in its under tension/pressure that's causing the vracks/failure after some daylight heat cycles

  19. Post
    can feel those cracks with your finger nails. I wonder if it's not fixed properly as initially it was leaking through the tail lights, it's since gone back, which took another 4 weeks for another light to arrive.





    I've emailed the panel shop but, not sure how long it'll take to sort - just gonna stick some strips of tape over the cracks to keep water out whilst I can't drive it anyway - tempted to email insurance too just in case.

  20. Post
    Missed your comment about them being replaced twice. Yeah could well be as St4lk3r suggests.

    Are they aftermarket or genuine lights?

  21. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    Worst case scenario'ing here but the ass end could be tweaked just a little bit so when the housings are bolted in its under tension/pressure that's causing the vracks/failure after some daylight heat cycles
    That would seem a reasonable conclusion. New lights ought not be immediately cracking

  22. Post
    Eagle wrote:
    Missed your comment about them being replaced twice. Yeah could well be as St4lk3r suggests.

    Are they aftermarket or genuine lights?
    I honestly do not know. the one on the RHS has a small mercedes logo, and the LHS one doesn't. but they look identical. just hoping they don't leak into the boot again.

  23. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    Worst case scenario'ing here but the ass end could be tweaked just a little bit so when the housings are bolted in its under tension/pressure that's causing the vracks/failure after some daylight heat cycles
    This is the case with my Fuga, which the panel shop is blaming me for - saying I have damaged the light.