What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 30,701 to 30,725 of 30838

1. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    If it's any consolation I'm still waiting on a call to tell me the one you bought, got crashed into, sent for repair, noting repair progress on has arrived into the dealership

Eurosport are shit
    I also never told them it was crashed into haha. Also how good is RockAuto?? Under a week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	87019318_10216148478332079_4893967242103881728_o.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	228241

2. Post
    RockAuto is the best thing since sliced bread. Got all my ball joints, bushes, oil filters, wipers, bearings from them for current pit. One day I might fit the parts...

Installing fortune auto shocks and Swift springs into the rear of the money pit today, will play with heights then set it "high" so it's not a complete PITA to work on.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 22nd February 2020 at 10:13 am.

3. Post
    Now I remember why I hate changing vehicles - you either have to deal with trademe headaches or insultingly low trade in offers.

Also holy shit there are a lot of ex Aussie stat write-offs on trademe these days, especially Mazda3s and Subaru Liberty/Legacy - kind of shit if you're trying to sell one of those models as it'll make yours look way expensive.

4. Post
    Yeah, the Aussie "water" damage market is intense.

The frustrating thing is, that some of the cars are hail damage, which is nothing, while others have been underwater, which given modern electronics, I wouldn't touch for any price.

So of course, you've got shonky private importers bringing in cars that when you pull apart, have a visible tide mark inside the doors half way up the car, frantically trying to hide that, and pretend their car is a lightly damaged by hail vehicle.

5. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    Yeah, the Aussie "water" damage market is intense.

The frustrating thing is, that some of the cars are hail damage, which is nothing, while others have been underwater, which given modern electronics, I wouldn't touch for any price.

So of course, you've got shonky private importers bringing in cars that when you pull apart, have a visible tide mark inside the doors half way up the car, frantically trying to hide that, and pretend their car is a lightly damaged by hail vehicle.
    DO they not state on the write off papers in Oz the reason for the write off? ie Hail, flood, XXXX cans?

6. Post
    There are different grades for write offs depending on how it was done. You can also check the vin on this site to see what type it was
    https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/ch...aged-vehicles/

7. Post
    I couldn't tell you from that side of things, but I know from the compliance / entry side of things, there's importers trying to do a lot of hiding & trying to downplay the level of damage. While I don't work at NZTA these days, I still work with enough former colleagues there so that I hear stories

To the point where if I was in the buying market, I'd only be buying off an importer I knew and trusted, or bringing something over that I bought myself at Auction, so knew for a fact what the truth is.

8. Post
    Today, "sold" the Schitz to a car club friend.

Ordered a stereo fitting kit, and a stereo for the Kia.

9. Post
    Disinfo wrote:
    Now I remember why I hate changing vehicles - you either have to deal with trademe headaches or insultingly low trade in offers.

Also holy shit there are a lot of ex Aussie stat write-offs on trademe these days, especially Mazda3s and Subaru Liberty/Legacy - kind of shit if you're trying to sell one of those models as it'll make yours look way expensive.
    This is partly why I still have 4 vehicles.

10. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone 25.02.20 057 (1024x498).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	592.1 KB 
ID:	228253

It was wasn't too bad till I opened the door and the muddy water rushed in..

11. Post
    Short lived but the E55 is back at the panel beater for it's 9th week stay.

The brand new tail lights filled up with water lol..........................

12. Post
    Sigh.

13. Post
    Too much blinker fluid?

14. Post
    and smith and smith broke my ADAS camera cover (on my outlander), which they're replacing. but they've also creased the headliner and not fitted pillar trims properly but are saying I'm lying because they don't touch those.

15. Post
    Mines having its gearbox replaced

16. Post
    Everything is broken we have to go home

17. Post
    Mine has a warranty that the provider will honor tho

18. Post
    If my gearbox was bad I'd have just gone to the disputes tribunal. not that 722.6's are renowned for shitting themselves. It's just not worth the hassle for a $200 part lol

19. Post
    If its any consolation I put mine back together

All the interior from the back seats to tail lights are back in after 2 years of no water leaks

Watch it turn into a ****ing seive overnight.

20. Post
    Fiesta developed a box full of neutrals, rose joint on gear selector cable broken.
    Shout out to Maungaraki Auto services $50 and a retaining clip later back on the road.

21. Post
    had a new windscreen put in udner insurance and they didnt bother putting in one with the wiper heaters. going back on monday to get that refitted. Cheap ****s.

22. Post
    antil33t wrote:
    and smith and smith broke my ADAS camera cover (on my outlander), which they're replacing. but they've also creased the headliner and not fitted pillar trims properly but are saying I'm lying because they don't touch those.
    Konev wrote:
    had a new windscreen put in udner insurance and they didnt bother putting in one with the wiper heaters. going back on monday to get that refitted. Cheap ****s.
    Was it Smith & Smith like antil33t?

S&S were dickheads when i got my car windscreen done too. Had a guy come and assess it, said "Yeah, that chip is in your field of view, so we can't repair it, will need a new windscreen - will order it in". They ordered it in, a different guy came to fit it, hit the roof!; started ranting about how it totally could be repaired, what a munter the other guys was, no-one in the team liked him etc.

I didn't GAF, i just wanted my shit sorted. Will go Novus next time - they might be no better, but Smith & Smith seem pretty fast and loose.

23. Post
    Haha years ago Smith and Smith replaced my windscreen and when I got the car back it had none of the plastic covers on the engine and they could never find them.

24. Post
    I had a S&S technician lose his ****ing shit when I suggested he'd damaged some chrome trim when replacing a quarter light.

I mean, I'm pretty sure he was right about the damage already being there, but still.

25. Post
    You'll never guess how I spent last weekend.