What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 30,476 to 30,500 of 30511

1. Post
    Whitby in Wellington is far too posh to have dirt roads, or motorsport ;-)

I prefer to call it White Buy.

2. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    Whitby in Wellington is far too posh to have dirt roads, or motorsport ;-)

I prefer to call it White Buy.
    There is RichBy and ShitBy too

3. Post
    Heard from Holden today was the fuel pump and fuel sensor that have gone, they will have another look on the fuel pump is in to make sure everything else is all good

4. Post
    Finished up the scoop for radiator
    Should hopefully be much better on the track now
    Will find out on 15th December at Taupo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74390298_417625505780153_3530449369121685504_n.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	227750

5. Post
    Took the Mini for another drive yesterday, had second thoughts about selling it. Going to miss it, the huge supercharger whine from the underdriven pulley is addictive as hell.

6. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Took the Mini for another drive yesterday, had second thoughts about selling it. Going to miss it, the huge supercharger whine from the underdriven pulley is addictive as hell.
    Tell me about your Mini? I've always had a bit of a thing for them, and have envisaged owning one at some point.

7. Post
    I like the Clubman pretend vans. Mostly because I like old school Mini vans, but could never afford one.

8. Post
    Some years ago a dealer took a couple of JCW Clubman demonstrators to Hampton Downs for prospective customers to try out.

They probably shouldn't have done it at a public track day, since getting blitzed by a stocko Bluebird made them look a bit silly.

9. Post
    [chuckle]...

10. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Tell me about your Mini? I've always had a bit of a thing for them, and have envisaged owning one at some point.
    Its up on TM at the moment if you want to read the spiel :P But its honestly pretty fun, I've got two, we're keeping the dark metallic green purely based on the colour / bodykit it has. It's gotta be the only other car thats given me the closest driving feel to an MX5 for go-kart handling but it has some semblance of power stock and has back seats lol.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2396588816

GaR wrote:
    Some years ago a dealer took a couple of JCW Clubman demonstrators to Hampton Downs for prospective customers to try out.

They probably shouldn't have done it at a public track day, since getting blitzed by a stocko Bluebird made them look a bit silly.
    Was the JCW auto? Or maybe just a slow driver? I feel like my R53 is a bit faster than the 20ve Pulsar I used to have, and those JCW's would be making about the same amount of power as my Mini is now.

11. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Was the JCW auto? Or maybe just a slow driver? I feel like my R53 is a bit faster than the 20ve Pulsar I used to have, and those JCW's would be making about the same amount of power as my Mini is now.
    Well they obviously hadn't driven the cars before and didn't own them, which won't help. But they were pretty poorly driven for the most part too. No idea what transmission.

12. Post
    totally for shits and giggles, got a carbon fiber key for my car from www.only944.com

My local locksmith has more than happy to cut it but had doubts I would have full functionality as you can see from the photo the grooves on the original key go further before it blends, but a check just now shows it works on my ignition, doors and my hatch lock which is quite stiff to turn.

It feels strong like it can handle some abuse. It's a complete vanity item but I like it!

Name:	78050068_10158123829596833_3086793652765196288_o.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	227761

Name:	76935900_10158124064381833_598357887147835392_o.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	227762

Name:	76904787_10158124064316833_1576516042904043520_o.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	227763

13. Post
    Reckon you can beat a van around taupo now?

14. Post
    lol, no. I've put on 10 kg lol

15. Post
    lel rip
    family man lyfe

16. Post
    I was supposed to fire up the new engine today for the first time. Instead we did more wiring /wrists

17. Post
    Took cover off the Corolla for the first time in a couple of months.

Started it up. Changed onto rally wheels. Checked fluids.

"race prep" = a bit minimal for tomorrow, and I haven't driven the car in 5 months. What could possibly go wrong?

18. Post
    Picked up a new car few days ago.

19. Post
    New front tints and redid wheels

20. Post
    Video of dirt skids from last weekend.

21. Post

Drove up a hill, with enthusiasm.

22. Post
    GaR wrote:
    Video of dirt skids from last weekend.
    That looks like maximum fun

Though Adam's car has hayfever, it keeps sneezing.

23. Post
    Roof off for the first time this year, It felt so nice to cruise around on a properly sunny day

Enthusiastic driving is not as great though

24. Post
    MAC_HATER wrote:
    Roof off for the first time this year
    Hopefully you own a convertible, rather than an angle grinder.

25. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    That looks like maximum fun

Though Adam's car has hayfever, it keeps sneezing.
    So much dust

Sent from my M6 Note using Tapatalk