What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 27,401 to 27,425 of 27690

1. Post
    Anywhere up to $700 depending on the amount of damage and the colour.

If it's an easy one, a few hundred-ish.

2. Post
    Yeah its not to bad, well a few scrapes id normally leave something like this but new car and all so gutted

2 colours tho will try get a price on saturda

3. Post
    Replaced a starter motor on a Ford Laser Lynx - ez-pz work.

4. Post
    Got the 335i back. The clutch or something between 3-4 gear has been replaced and new trans software installed.
    Zero cost to me Drives smooooooooooooooooth

5. Post
    Nice. Hope it stays healthy.

6. Post
    $420 + GST sound reasonable to source a new front shock + fit for an 04 Corolla?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

7. Post
    david522 wrote:
    $420 + GST sound reasonable to source a new front shock + fit for an 04 Corolla?

What khs has it done? Seems a bit high to me. Id be inclined to do tboh front shocks

Sent from my MX4 Pro using Tapatalk

8. Post
    ludez wrote:
    What khs has it done? Seems a bit high to me. Id be inclined to do tboh front shocks

Sent from my MX4 Pro using Tapatalk
    242k so it's due. Yeah I'd be looking to do both, does seem a little steep.

9. Post
    Just one shock? O_o I would imagine replacing at least a pair would be the way to go.

10. Post
    I'll be replacing the pair but it would still work out at $840 + GST with this shop. Trying to sort a few other quotes.

11. Post
    That is absolute robbery. I did shocks on my 02 Corolla, and they were cheap as chips from Toyota, and I don't recall anything particularly complex in doing the front shocks. With the disclaimer that I haven't looked at one of those Corollas in three or so years.

Also, no, don't even contemplate doing one shock, and not the other.

12. Post
    What area are you in david522? someone here will probably be able to recommend a reputable non-gorging garage to help you out.

13. Post
    david522 wrote:

Expensive as ****. I replaced shocks springs and mounts on all four corners for around $800 in the same car.

14. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    What area are you in david522? someone here will probably be able to recommend a reputable non-gorging garage to help you out.
    Central Auckland, would certainly appreciate if anyone knows a decent garage.

15. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Nice. Hope it stays healthy.
    +1 like = +1 prayers and hope.

16. Post
    david522 wrote:
    Central Auckland, would certainly appreciate if anyone knows a decent garage.

I've recommended Chris at Your Neighbourhood Mechanic to a few people and have only had great dealings with him. Honest and well priced.

17. Post
    sand papering rotors takes a lot of work new black paint looks so much better than old rusty silver

18. Post
    Went to Hampton Downs and had a play on the club circuit thanks to Partmaster.
    Third gear got a workout.

19. Post
    Cleaning a roll cage is a ****ing terrible idea

20. Post
    Water Pump, Radiator, Thermostat, new Coolant bottle and radiator cap.

better not have to do them again lol

21. Post
    Found a replacement for the written off Legacy... Another Legacy
    Put some plate and interior LEDs in:

22. Post
    Went up my favourite bit of gravel road (because it's brutally steep, twisty, technical, and I've done it so many times that I actually know it well). Did it four times driving, and four times navigating in a BMW 550i .... yup, V12 BMW gravel car ... all wheelspin, all the time. He's in third and fourth just spinning the back wheels, and I'm in first or second in the Corolla. It is so mental. He gets two events maximum out of his rear tyres. I get two *years* minimum out of a set of gravel tyres.

Corolla, driving

BMW, navigating. I believe that the BMW is running an M3 gearbox, but don't quote me on that BMW fanatics.

The giggle is, in my practice run in the Corolla (during which I caught the car in front of me on the road), I'm faster than the fastest time in the BMW.

From about 5:40 you can see the car ahead of me, and I complete the run right behind them. They literally didn't know I was there.

Note though, that it was a new driver to gravel I was catching. So while it may seem ridiculous that that I caught a car with a two minute gap, she was basically just touring up the hill. She went 50 seconds faster than that during the actual event. So while my practice run was very fast for a practice run, I am by no means a very fast driver.

23. Post
    Car serviced thru MB dealer in New Market, everything went ok aside from a couple of advisables that I knew about prior any who. The only surprise was a ****ing sidewall puncher in the rear right tire which failed the cars wof as you'd expect, the car has different tyres from end to end and I was going to change them for a full set of something at a later date. Cars booked in today for a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4's, which aren't cheap for a E55 but **** it I love nothing more than decent tyres.

Also MB dealers have MB branded coffee lul

24. Post
    To go with MB condom and lube?

25. Post
    Had my first Annual Warranty Service of my BMW 330i M-Sport at Botany Motor Worx. All up it cost $432.50, including oil change. Not as bad as I expected. He told me the spark plugs will need changing next year at the cost of $38 each + labour, so at least I am forewarned.

They gave me this as a loaner - a 1997 BMW 318Ti
    Name:  318Ti.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  445.3 KB