What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 27,426 to 27,450 of 27690

1. Post
    Pretty sure you can get re003 in e55 size. Should be a reasonable price.

2. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    They gave me this as a loaner - a 1997 BMW 318Ti
    Burnout vid isn't loading. Please try again.

3. Post
    I have Dunlop sport maxx 050+ on the 335i, can recommend.

4. Post
    Finished painting the cage.
    Log book and homologation sticker turned up.

Next week is get dashboard back in (hopefully), and figure out how to make the windows go up/down when the door opens.

Me thinks they didn't plug something back in when they put the wiring back in, and I can't test till center console is back in with the window switches.

5. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    He told me the spark plugs will need changing next year at the cost of $38 each + labour, so at least I am forewarned
    They are the half the price overseas

6. Post
    han16 wrote:
    Car serviced thru MB dealer in New Market, everything went ok aside from a couple of advisables that I knew about prior any who. The only surprise was a ****ing sidewall puncher in the rear right tire which failed the cars wof as you'd expect, the car has different tyres from end to end and I was going to change them for a full set of something at a later date. Cars booked in today for a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4's, which aren't cheap for a E55 but **** it I love nothing more than decent tyres.

Also MB dealers have MB branded coffee lul
    Just got some 235/40/18 PS4's fitted

Ho damn, can whole heartedly reccomend these babies - grip for days!

7. Post
    Yep haven't tried the PS4's yet but used all the previous ones. Best in their class for sure but you pay for it.

8. Post
    Yeah gonnna go from my RE003's to PS4's when I change wheels as I feel they may suit a heavier car much better.

9. Post
    I've just tidied up my old man's 03 Subaru outback (3.0) which needs to be sold. Anyone interested in it from GP before I start putting it up for sale in places?

10. Post
    Weegee wrote:
    I've just tidied up my old man's 03 Subaru outback (3.0) which needs to be sold. Anyone interested in it from GP before I start putting it up for sale in places?
    Facelift model?

Sent from my MX4 Pro using Tapatalk

11. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Facelift model?
    '03 will probably be pre-facelift BPE

12. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Facelift model?
    Looks like a PFL to me (I'm a subaru noob). flick me a PM if you want to know more.

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Just got some 235/40/18 PS4's fitted

Ho damn, can whole heartedly reccomend these babies - grip for days!
    Yep the PS3's have been top notch on the Volvo, PS4's feel fantastic on the E55 too.

Alignment etc done this morning after having the new tyres fitted.

14. Post
    How to stop rotors getting rusty in the middle like that ^ ? Mine has it too, looks crusty. I assume something like high temp paint will do the trick. Kinda wonder why it's not done from the factory.

15. Post
    Yeah, just paint em with correct paint

My guess is they are a "consumable" and are treated as such, people can paint them at their own discretion

16. Post
    Yea not worried about them, they're due for replacement next year at some point and the rusty part is hidden behind the mags.

17. Post
    han16 wrote:
    Alignment etc done this morning after having the new tyres fitted.
    Do the people who install your tyres also do the alignment for you? or do people normally take them elsewhere, for whatever reason?

18. Post
    Got a new helmet and ordered a proper race suit boots and gloves.

Bank balance has taken a ****ing hammering the last week

19. Post
    Welcome to motorsport.

20. Post
    On the upside its just roll cage padding and tyres and that should be all the big $$$ stuff

21. Post
    Tell you what I did to my car today, same thing I do most days. I climbed inside her for about an hour and took to heaven and back. I treat her bad, don't clean her, barely maintain her, but I've put 10,000 miles on this 50 year old vehicle in a year and she hasn't let me down yet.

Name:  2QysM3S.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  707.0 KB

22. Post
    That's doing pretty well, given their reputation for having a lot of character.

My workmate reckoned on 4wd club runs, they were the leading contender for most likely to return home on a tow rope.

23. Post
    Shit falls off it a bit, but the engine's a Holden so at least it runs.

24. Post
    Picked up a stone of piece of gravel while on a farm track on the weekend that was creating a horrendous grinding noise in one wheels hub/brake assembly. Stopped making the noise today and since it went away the brake pedal drops nearly to the floor as if theres now a bunch of air in the system. Not an ideal situation but no fluid loss and a few pumps of the pedal firms it back up. Will investigate as soon as I can

25. Post
    Funnily enough I had the exact same problem.
    With slotted rotors the noise becomes even worse.
    I ended up calling in to a mates workshop to pull the car apart to check it was indeed a stone as it almost sounded like something much worse.