What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 30,026 to 30,050 of 30164

1. Post
    Daynger wrote:
    I know mx5 and honda stuff is everywhere but i have never struggled to find parts for my s14, the popularity of the chassis in what the kids call "drifting" has made sure of that.
    The only thing with the s14 is some stuff isnt made anymore as its just too old, mainly aero and stuff like that though.
    Yea there's plenty of s14 stuff for sure, aftermarket RB parts? Not so much

Also being no longer produced due to age sorta proves my point, the s14 is 5-10 years newer than an EG civic yet parts production hasn't slowed down there

Either way my point was if you have a skyline or a silvia parts are not as common as they are for something that has a popularity following in the US so you end up looking to Japan for aftermarket engine bits which is considerably more expensive due to lower volume produced/smaller market

2. Post
    Oil change for the Corona

I bought a bigger capacity oil pan as I wanted to avoid it splashing onto the driveway

Trouble was, while the oil wasn't super bad, it was full of petrol from short cold runs and was so thin and watery when it was hot, it gushed out into the pan, and then bounced directly out onto the driveway anyway

3. Post

4. Post

5. Post
    Bought the Type R decals for my DC2, waiting for delvry, gonna be long waiting tho

6. Post
    Not my car, but was loaned an old Honda City to do the grass autocross in yesterday.

The first course had a jump in it, so was pretty exciting. Hopefully somebody there got photos of cars being bounced off the ground, as I was too busy running the event to even take my phone out of my pocket the whole day.

7. Post
    Manfield track day over the weekend. Wow what an awesome track! Gary from playdays is a bloody legend.
    That trailer mission from Auck and back ain't flash though.
    Still plagued by over heating issues get 5 hard laps before seeing ~110C water temps, back to the drawing board and pull whole front of the car apart it seems.

8. Post
    Drove my potential new car over the weekend and decided it's time to sell my 130i. It's in BST if anyone wants a nice, reliable, sporty, low mileage hatch back.

9. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    Skyline Yoda yells in Nissan.
    Fair enough, I had a friend with an S13 that swapped in an RB and found it ruined the handling, as you say probably lack of knowledge to make the chassis suit the new motor. Similar with people shitting on LS swaps for MX5, they don't realise the Iron block on the MX5 engines makes them very close in weight to the V8 engine.

My next vote is Turbo E36, the 325i's are fine with boost, they're getting so cheap now you can pick them up for bugger all. The chassis handles fine, you don't need to care about stupid ABS/airbag niggles that give them their bad rep because race car.

10. Post
    yeah turbo e36 was my other plan.

11. Post
    Turbo E36 requires the same, if not more work getting oil flowing right, than an RB
    Pulling ABS out also ruins the brake balance and will require a flow restriction of some description to the rear

12. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    Also being no longer produced due to age sorta proves my point, the s14 is 5-10 years newer than an EG civic yet parts production hasn't slowed down there
    The S14 was made for the USDM, JDM and Oceania market. Same goes with the EG Civic, so probably why there are plenty of new parts for'em.

Anything with an RB is only made for JDM. Probably why there are **** all parts, in the scale of things.

EDIT: Read back a few pages - this has been pointed out. Never mind.

13. Post
    Yea, my point

14. Post
    ok so sr20vet it is then

15. Post
    I've always wanted to do an S13 stripped out with an SR20VET in it. 300 or so hp reasonably easy with low stress and light weight.

16. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    I've always wanted to do an S13 stripped out with an SR20VET in it. 300 or so hp reasonably easy with low stress and light weight.
    which i doubt would be much quicker than his mx5

17. Post
    yeah id probably want around 400hp to make it worthwhile. It doesn't have to be faster in laptimes, at least comparable, just fast in a straight line.

18. Post
    I accidentally bought a turbo rear drive*

*diesel van

:P

19. Post
    Paid my deposit yesterday. Car is off for paint now. Hopefully get it later next week or at least before the end of the month!

20. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    Paid my deposit yesterday. Car is off for paint now. Hopefully get it later next week or at least before the end of the month!
    What is it?

21. Post
    Here's a video of racing from the other weekend.

Skip to 16:30 if you only want to see a crash.

22. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    What a tease.

23. Post
    Shitty pic but that's all I got now that the TM listing is gone.

24. Post
    Sweet, those are one of the nicest sounding cars I've ever heard. Sent a shiver up my spine when I heard one start up next to me

25. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    Shitty pic but that's all I got now that the TM listing is gone.
    What an absolute baller!!