What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 30,301 to 30,325 of 30377

1. Post
    ilikepie2 wrote:
    Any recommendations on how to remove a car dealerships sticker from the rear window without making a complete mess of it? I was thinking just meths would do it?
    Razor blade and then clean the residue off with desolvit

2. Post
    Use your favourite hairdryer to heat the decal up too, get the glue warm. Don't get it hot though, don't want to damage the screen. Might just aid in removal with a little heat.

Pretty sure the pros add heat?

3. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    My boot is small enough without trying to fit a 9.5" wide spare in the tyre well thanks. The trusty old can of goo worked great last time I had a flat
    Crazy thing is those GS460's have massive boots, they could've easily fit a full sized spare in there.

4. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    Razor blade and then clean the residue off with desolvit
    Sweet man thank you, will give it ago this evening hopefully I don’t **** it up haha

5. Post
    MAC_HATER wrote:
    bz-g\r?
    BZ-R. Just did a $1700 service on it.

6. Post
    DJ wrote:
    BZ-R. Just did a $1700 service on it.
    oooooh boy thats a big one - cambelt and other bits im guessing?

7. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    My boot is small enough without trying to fit a 9.5" wide spare in the tyre well thanks. The trusty old can of goo worked great last time I had a flat
    My Volvo is the first car I've ever owned without any spare. Is that goo easy to use? How does it work? Does it ruin the tyre? Sorry, can change a flat no worries, but kinda noob when it comes to the "goo in a can" remedy.

8. Post
    MAC_HATER wrote:
    oooooh boy thats a big one - cambelt and other bits im guessing?
    I asked my mate to do everything on it since I plan to keep it for a while. Prices over here are going up on them.

Brakes, belts, all fluids (oil, gearbox, brake, coolant etc.), all filters, new water pump, new TEIN springs, fix P/S leak, wheel alignment and so on.

Found a OEM lip and rear spats for it. Still looking for a TRD Wing and some new wheels for it (still on the OG stocks).

Even found some OEM floormats for it (from NZ no less).

9. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    My Volvo is the first car I've ever owned without any spare. Is that goo easy to use? How does it work? Does it ruin the tyre? Sorry, can change a flat no worries, but kinda noob when it comes to the "goo in a can" remedy.
    Squeezes into the tyre valve stem (once the valve has been removed obviously) in an attempt to slow\stop the leak. Its better than running on a flat but it can very temporary or not even work depending on the puncture.

Also makes a massive mess inside the tyre, so whoever is doing the puncture repair wont like doing it and probably charge you more to clean it up.

10. Post
    Eagle wrote:
    Squeezes into the tyre valve stem (once the valve has been removed obviously) in an attempt to slow\stop the leak. Its better than running on a flat but it can very temporary or not even work depending on the puncture.

Also makes a massive mess inside the tyre, so whoever is doing the puncture repair wont like doing it and probably charge you more to clean it up.
    Thanks man. Might see about getting a space saver at least.

11. Post
    I just bought a really terribad condition 2000 Vitz RS. This should be an experience ...

12. Post
    Might have to finally do something about my Valve Stem Seals, the blue cloud each morning is getting a bit much

13. Post
    Put a honda badge on it and call it a day m8

14. Post
    The Neighbour in a few days time:

15. Post
    MAC_HATER wrote:
    Might have to finally do something about my Valve Stem Seals, the blue cloud each morning is getting a bit much
    I've needed to do mine in the MX5 for a year and a bit now, I'll just do it when I swap to the later model head.

16. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    I've needed to do mine in the MX5 for a year and a bit now, I'll just do it when I swap to the later model head.
    Thats my dilemma too, do I just get them done, or allow it to snowball and use it as the "its open, might as well" catalyst to go the full hog on the 1.5JZ conversion

17. Post
    Unfortunately I sold your turbo for it the other week

18. Post
    awwww

19. Post
    Dropped the B18 in the EJ over the weekend. Few odds and ends to tidy up and time for it's first outing!

20. Post
    Had a play on the rolling road dyno at the polytech.
    Made a whopping 150kw as it was lighting the tyres as soon as it started building boost lol.

21. Post
    Have to start cleaning out the garage as I've got another couple of cars coming in. My father passed away a few weeks ago and he had my old Lotus Elise and his Jaguar so they'll be joining my stable.

Been a bloody tough month but we spent 7 years building the Jaguar together so it's a big part of what we shared together. We had so many adventures in it so I'll have it for as long as I'm able to drive it then it'll pass onto the next generation. It's part of him I'll always have with me.

Will be good to have the Elise back too since I've missed it since I sold it 12 years ago, most fun car I've ever owned.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Newzndold01.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	227142Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ToysChristmas2012-02_zps4cdae936.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	616.3 KB 
ID:	227143

22. Post
    Installed a Gibson exhaust to my 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor SuperCab.

23. Post
    Sorry for your loss Espirit.

That Jag is a beautiful car.

24. Post
    I don't like the E type at all really, but what's cool is the history and your shared story. Such a great thing to have, keep, and pass on.

25. Post
    Sorry for your loss, it's a tough time losing a parent.