Holy shit, it's international cricket

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 4,426 to 4,445 of 4445

1. Post
    Decentric wrote:
    Local knowledge about Faulkner, is that he is struggling with injury, Baggers.

He has barely played FC cricket in the last few years, as I've watched all home games for Tassie.

I'm not sure he could bowl 10 overs in a ODI?
    He looked fit in the BBL in the games I saw him play. This is what he is still capable of.
    But the 28-year-old left-armer (Faulkner) reminded Australian selectors of his pedigree after taking 3-36 against the Scorchers, including all three scalps inside his first seven deliveries.
    Then, as he’s done so many times before, he lived up to his reputation as one of the best finishers in the game by guiding the Hurricanes home with the bat smoking 16 off the first three deliveries of the final over.

2. Post
    Where did my post about Boult and Southee go?

3. Post
    Sooner Young gets a go the better, obviously he can keep his level against quality teams in varying conditions. UAE now in AUS. Sure, not full Blackcaps games but damn, he should be opening for us well ahead of Nicholls and Munro.

4. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Sooner Young gets a go the better, obviously he can keep his level against quality teams in varying conditions. UAE now in AUS. Sure, not full Blackcaps games but damn, he should be opening for us well ahead of Nicholls and Munro.
    Shame Young isn't part of the WC squad.

5. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Shame Young isn't part of the WC squad.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...oulder-surgery

6. Post
    Yeah, bad news eh

7. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Yeah, bad news eh
    Oh wells - makes the selectors look less dumb now I guess.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/full...ive/2019-05-08

Just a tidy 190 runs so far in two innings after opening partnership failings

This against an attack that humbled India and Pak away.

8. Post
    BaggyGreens wrote:
    Where did my post about Boult and Southee go?
    In a different thread...

9. Post
    Surprise surprise - Archer playing game 1... :P

10. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Oh wells - makes the selectors look less dumb now I guess.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/full...ive/2019-05-08

Just a tidy 190 runs so far in two innings after opening partnership failings

This against an attack that humbled India and Pak away.
    'some runs for Latham too. Maybe Latham should go 4 and Ross to 5. Ross has more experience to close out games.

11. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    'some runs for Latham too. Maybe Latham should go 4 and Ross to 5. Ross has more experience to close out games.
    Nah.

12. Post
    Another day, another Young century.

13. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Another day, another Young century.
    Pretty much the best NZ batsman to not play an intl game since about 1950 onwards...

14. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Pretty much the best NZ batsman to not play an intl game since about 1950 onwards...
    At least he's young enough to make the next WC.

15. Post
    Shows what having a good technique is worth. Such a massive shame he picked up that injury cause his form is insane. Let's hope he can get back to form quickly after recovery. Doesn't have to change much it seems.

16. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Shows what having a good technique is worth. Such a massive shame he picked up that injury cause his form is insane. Let's hope he can get back to form quickly after recovery. Doesn't have to change much it seems.
    Its his strike rates in all 3 innings that have impressed me more than the 300 odd runs.

17. Post
    Stead said surgery wasn't confirmed yet, but highly likely.

18. Post
    Ok Kiwis what do we read into these three games in relation to the WC. Our blokes can not be too cocky as you were fielding a second string side. Shows what great depth you have in the white ball game.

Gotta feel for Young.. clearly the star of the series but his eleventh hour shot for a spot in the showcase tourney is now shattered with this injury. He looks good against the white Kooka how is he in red ball cricket?

Smithy showing he is primed for a big WC.. tho would prefer he was bashing the red Dukes around for the A side.
    Last edited by BaggyGreens; 11th May 2019 at 3:36 pm.

19. Post
    England with a lazy 374 vs Pak. Buttler the chief destroyer - its actually time to start comparing him with Gilchrist, Dhoni and Sanga for the greatest ODI wicket keeper batsman ever.

20. Post
    and they should have lost, really. PAK were well ahead. Going to be the story of the world cup, massive scores.