Holy shit, it's international cricket

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 4445

1. Post
    oddjob wrote:
    Sri Lanka chased down South Africa’s 300 with one wicket remaining.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...-in-sa-2018-19
    Wow that would've been epic to watch...is that the Perera that smashed us in the ODI?

2. Post
    Nah one of the many other Perera’s I think

3. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Sri Lanka should have their test status removed.

Goodness knows how they drew a match with us.
    South Africa*

https://streamable.com/mkm6h

Some sweet sixes at the end, just dispatching Steyn.

4. Post
    <N> wrote:
    South Africa*

Wow that is so epic, didn't realise the last partnership was so big!

5. Post
    Cheers for those highlights. Would have been epic to watch live.

6. Post
    <N> wrote:
    South Africa*

Thanks for the highlights.

This is has to rate with Laxman's 281 and Lara's 153 as one of the greatest innings ever played.

7. Post
    ;11267468 wrote:
    South Africa*

Epic!

8. Post
    Another solid performance by Sri Lanka on day one, SA all out 222... SA not playing like the 2nd ranked team, especially at home. Helps our push for #2!

9. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Another solid performance by Sri Lanka on day one, SA all out 222... SA not playing like the 2nd ranked team, especially at home. Helps our push for #2!
    If SL win this, we could be #2 before the 1 April or 1 May ICC date by rolling the Bangas.

There's 500k USD for NZC if we get it. Nice lil bonus for the players.

But SL at 60/3 have a high hill to climb here...

10. Post
    So was enjoying watching the ladies international today until Dirk Nannes spoke up.

Suzie Bates got given out lbw controversially against an inswing bowler who was getting it to rip in the air. You shouldn't really get lbws in your favour if you are moving it a lot and the batter is batting outside their crease. Nonetheless the umpired fired Suzie who knows why, imcompetence probably.

Despite the bowler just getting a wicket Nannes then spends 5 minutes explaining the bowler needs to start bowling it cross seam to bring bowled and lbw into play. Hello, you fool Nannes she doesn't need to change anything with the umpire giving her dodgy decisions.

TV is now off - everything he said was wrong. Including which way the bowler was swinging the ball.

11. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    So was enjoying watching the ladies international today until Dirk Nannes spoke up.

Suzie Bates got given out lbw controversially against an inswing bowler who was getting it to rip in the air. You shouldn't really get lbws in your favour if you are moving it a lot and the batter is batting outside their crease. Nonetheless the umpired fired Suzie who knows why, imcompetence probably.

Despite the bowler just getting a wicket Nannes then spends 5 minutes explaining the bowler needs to start bowling it cross seam to bring bowled and lbw into play. Hello, you fool Nannes she doesn't need to change anything with the umpire giving her dodgy decisions.

TV is now off - everything he said was wrong. Including which way the bowler was swinging the ball.
    Don't know about this incident, so unable to comment, but I like to read forums during matches - because so many of the commentators are crap. Give me Hesson and Ponting on comms any day...

It's not just the Aussie comms, Morrison and Doull irritate the f out of me. We have made some of the worst (as in my least preferred) imo in New Zealand. Some of the worst.

12. Post
    Paddles wrote:

It's not just the Aussie comms, Morrison and Doull irritate the f out of me. We have made some of the worst (as in my least preferred) imo in New Zealand. Some of the worst.
    Well how about Cumming on two or three occassions not understanding the laws of the game and ranting on about something at length when he is completely wrong. He was sent from hades to punish me.

OVerall though - something happened to the commentary 3 or 4 games ago and it got really good. I found myself engrossed by their conversations. Maybe there is a new producer instead of the valiant Gavin Service.

13. Post
    Yeah a disappointing end for the women. Though they had it won but Satterthwaite and Perkins didn't push their advantage enough. Should have tried to pick up a few more runs when they had the great partnership going.

14. Post
    137 more runs for SL to win the series.

15. Post
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...-of-wi-2018-19

This West Indian resurgence looks to be the real deal. West Indies get 289 despite Nurse and Braithwaite stuffing up the death overs. WI brought up 200 after 38 overs for 4 wickets down. Braithewaite makes 13(22) - Nurse 13(16) but Hetmeyer powers to another 100 off 82 balls.

England were looking to be cruising, but paid dearly for resting Woakes, and seem to be missing Willey as well. England were 228/4 after 39.5 overs with Buttler and Stokes set needing just 62 off 61. But Holder got Stokes, Buttler and Curran in just 5 balls in a decimating spell. Stokes reviewed an edge, and Curran got a really poor lbw decision but no reviews left.

Cottrell gets a 5 for.

WI are definitely on the rise. I don't think Braithwaite is particularly good for their ODI team, but if they could swap him for Dre Russ, they are forming what could be a very underestimated team for this World Cup. Gayle got a 50 to show he's in form after his 100 last match. Lewis is yet to return still. WI just appear to be one batsman short with Holder batting too high at 6 with Hope batting at 3 as the keeper.

I'm not yet suggesting that the WI are semi final candidates, but they could very much influence the fortunes of Pak, NZ, Aus, SA in who else is. I can see them beating anyone on their day with Gayle, Hope and Hetmeyer. And be even better if Dre Russ makes a return. It's not a fluke - they were all tied up with India in India late last year after 3 games. They capitulated in the final 2, but it's not like they don't have recent good form.

England have Woakes, Willey in this squad and of course boy wonder Archer next month to bring in and bolster the team strength in batting and bowling both further. But WI with Gayle, Hope and Hetmeyer with Bravo, have some batting strength they've sorely lacked in the recent past. If they can just get Dre Russ for the world cup...
    Last edited by Paddles; 23rd February 2019 at 2:11 pm.

16. Post
    WI can absolutely cause some boilovers come WC, especially if Russell comes back too.

I really don't think Woakes and Willey will both be in the top team. I don't think there is any resting to their non-selections. Willey especially hasn't been first choice in a good while.

Curran got shafted too https://twitter.com/skycricket/statu...818151424?s=12

17. Post
    <N> wrote:
    WI can absolutely cause some boilovers come WC, especially if Russell comes back too.

I really don't think Woakes and Willey will both be in the top team. I don't think there is any resting to their non-selections. Willey especially hasn't been first choice in a good while.

Curran got shafted too https://twitter.com/skycricket/statu...818151424?s=12
    Woakes is their best bowler and their best #8. He is very much being rested. I think Willey is fighting with Wood, Curran, Plunkett and Archer for the 2 spots at the world cup and everyone seems to be getting a go. Wood was totally out of the picture till he came back with more pace this tour after Olly Stone was injured.

Willey has been in England's top team in England regularly for the past 2 years batting at 9 after Woakes at 8.

Plunkett was the attack leader - death and middle king, but he's 34 now and down on pace. He is nowhere near the 90mph Morgan claims. Its going to be Archer at the WC. I think we all suspect this. England just don't want to create a stir by going back on their original position and look foolish.

1 Roy 2 JB 3 JR 4 EM 5 BS 6 JB 7 MA 8 CW 9 JA 10 DW/TC/LP/MW 11 AR

Willey can def get in there if there is some early swing, and he's going to be in the squad anyway due to his batting I would think - (but they did replace Stokes when injured with Hales last year and just bowl Root early - so maybe Willey could miss the WC squad). Woakes and Archer are definites for mine if fit, squad and playing.

Stone, Plunkett, Wood, T Curran are fighting for squad and 1 playing spot with Willey imo.

Hales is the spare batsman, maybe Leach a spare spinner? Or just 3 quicks as spares? The lucky buggers don't need a spare keeper.
    Last edited by Paddles; 23rd February 2019 at 3:16 pm.

18. Post
    ... few teams are going to relish playing West Indies in the World Cup later this year....And while England could claim they missed Chris Woakes with both bat and ball, West Indies could counter-claim that they are without at least three first-choice players.... his was, remember, a West Indies team lacking injured pacers Kemar Roach and Keemo Paul, the suspended Shannon Gabriel, as well as Sunil Narine, who has not yet regained confidence in his remodelled bowling action. Rovman Powell and Evin Lewis are injured, too, with Lewis likely to open the batting at the World Cup. Andre Russell's return, which may be imminent, should strengthen them further. Their depth is starting to look impressive.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...ing-glow-again

Powell has not yet proved to be much of a loss, but if they get Narine, Russell with Lewis back - they start becoming a dark horse and def potential to upset good teams.

19. Post
    That is a beyond embarrassing series for South Africa... wrighty was mortified that we drew with them, let alone lost twice! No Mathews either...

Guess if they get some good bowling wickets they can match it with these sides.

20. Post
    <N> wrote:
    That is a beyond embarrassing series for South Africa... wrighty was mortified that we drew with them, let alone lost twice! No Mathews either...

Guess if they get some good bowling wickets they can match it with these sides.
    Post AbDV - SA has batting problems in a big way. And the quota issues compounds it. What they wouldn't give for Conway right about now - But they have to find non-white players somewhere... It's the reality for them... I can see Steyn being dropped when Ngidi is fit, just to put more of the quotas into the bowlers...

21. Post
    The umpiring in this nz vs aus womens game is beyond terrible

22. Post
    Dicey wrote:
    The umpiring in this nz vs aus womens game is beyond terrible
    Consistent with the last game at least

23. Post
    Just crap batting, all trying to go across to the spinner and missing. All of those LBW's were out.

24. Post
    Disappointing batting by NZ