1. Post
    Neoptolemus wrote:
    ND 91/3, so almost ahead. That's a hell of a Greentop though, 7 wickets are caught behind and I'd wager that Williamson and Taylor are in the slip cordon too, so it's 9 out of 13 wickets caught behind the stump.
    Yeah i wanted to confirm this... we should play Pakis on that ground Bondy & Tom would have a field day.

2. Post
    streets wrote:
    yeah, why did they stop televising domestic cricket?
    big shame huh, but since they cant even find a sponsor, id say its hard to televise it. but i believe the one day format will be shown on sky (i could be wrong) in Jan, especially since all the BC are available

3. Post
    Yea it sucks we don't get to watch it.

Esp cos there is so much crap on sky sport during the day that noone cares about.

4. Post
    Col.Burger wrote:
    Yea it sucks we don't get to watch it.

Esp cos there is so much crap on sky sport during the day that noone cares about.
    *cough* Golf *cough*

5. Post
    Haha straight after I said that, toddy got out for 5...

6. Post
    Todd Astle batting 4 today, I reckon the kids got talent, so I hope he starts showing some soon.
    Played him a lot at school level (He played for Boys High) and he NEVER got any runs, but was always in the wickets with his gentle leg break :@

7. Post
    streets wrote:
    Played him a lot at school level (He played for Boys High) and he NEVER got any runs, but was always in the wickets with his gentle leg break :@
    Yeah, he was my coach while I was at boys.. what do you mean he never got runs? Haha honestly can't remember his batting at school though, but you're right about the leg break! Wasn't he keeper originally?

8. Post
    And its rain. Everywhere, except Rangiora.

9. Post
    I mean when he played us he never seemed to get any runs

10. Post
    Bond and Martin having a nice wee partnership atm

11. Post
    Jaysus, Martin might be going to break into double figures, that must be a bloody road.

12. Post
    Im thinking Fulton must be in the selectors mind for that n.o 5 spot now...

13. Post
    Neoptolemus wrote:
    And its rain. Everywhere, except Rangiora.
    Haha it's oh so close to raining though, can see a bit of blue towards town, but that dirty overcast is chillaxin'

14. Post
    Oh, look we're half way through already.

After a 125 run opening stand, Guptill took a leaf out of Flynn's book and fell for 49. Then the Auckland top order fell like a house of cards, barring ex-BC Richard Jones who made the ton. But they're still 180 odd runs shy of making first innings points.

Canterbury on the other hand are dominating. A 250 run lead and only 3 more wickets required for first innings points, and the follow on looming. Otago's Black Caps failed to deliver too (Broom and McCullum).

Meanwhile in CD v ND, McGlashan keeps on taking catches, he's up to about 11 for the match now. Nutty match, Taylor was in the runs though, so that's good. CD at 178/5, after a first innings deficit of about 200

15. Post
    Neoptolemus wrote:
    Oh, look we're half way through already.

After a 125 run opening stand, Guptill took a leaf out of Flynn's book and fell for 49. Then the Auckland top order fell (a)like a house of cards, barring ex-BC Richard Jones who made the ton. But they're still 180 odd runs shy of making first innings points.

Canterbury on the other hand are (b)dominating. A 250 run lead and only 3 more wickets required for first innings points, and the follow on looming. Otago's Black Caps failed to deliver too (Broom and McCullum).

Meanwhile in CD v ND, McGlashan keeps on taking catches, he's up to about (c)11 for the match now. Nutty match, Taylor was in the runs though, so that's good. CD at 178/5, after a first innings deficit of about 200
    a. Haha I see what you did there.
    b. **** yeah! Was watching Bond's bowling on the news, winrar.
    c. Wholey shit, srsly?

16. Post
    ENFORCE THE ****ING FOLLOW ON YOU TOOL.

17. Post
    Oh, and Bond bowled well, took 4 wickets. Otago all out for 235, Canterbury decide to not bother with the whole follow on lark and are currently 16/1. Rob Nicol, new to Canterbury this year, out for a second ball duck, and I'm a bit cross. 3 wickets early in the day and we decide to have a bat.

18. Post
    Also, apparently the record for first class dismissals by a keeper is 13 in one match. McGlashan is on 12, and CD are 8 down.

Time to get everyone else to start dropping their catches?

19. Post
    Um yeah whos the noob captain of Canterbury?

20. Post
    Cornelius Kruger van Wyk. Migrated here from South Africa a couple of years ago when Canterbury had David Nosworthy running the show, and brought a couple of his former South African charges with him. When Nosworthy went home, the players stayed.

He's a pretty seasons experienced player. Otago are 65/0 chasing 471 to win, so they need to score 400 runs in a day to win so Canterbury are in a pretty strong position, but I would have preferred to see him back the strength of his bowlers (he does have probably our two best test bowlers at his disposal) and send Otago straight back in.

ND won comfortably in the end, chasing 129 only losing one wicket in the process.

Wellington are 255/5 with a lead of about 100 more, so I'd expect an early declaration from them, but Auckland should be good enough to get the draw.

21. Post
    Did Bond actually bowl well or just happened to get 4 wickets? sure anyone will be happy with 4 wickets but was it a good lot of bowling for that 4 wickets if you get my drift?
    wellns87

22. Post
    Neoptolemus wrote:
    Cornelius Kruger van Wyk. Migrated here from South Africa a couple of years ago when Canterbury had David Nosworthy running the show, and brought a couple of his former South African charges with him. When Nosworthy went home, the players stayed.

He's a pretty seasons experienced player. Otago are 65/0 chasing 471 to win, so they need to score 400 runs in a day to win so Canterbury are in a pretty strong position, but I would have preferred to see him back the strength of his bowlers (he does have probably our two best test bowlers at his disposal) and send Otago straight back in.

ND won comfortably in the end, chasing 129 only losing one wicket in the process.

Wellington are 255/5 with a lead of about 100 more, so I'd expect an early declaration from them, but Auckland should be good enough to get the draw.
    They better win it. Seemed best bet to enforce the follow on to me.

23. Post
    Corey Anderson you legend - 4 overs, 3 maidens, 2 runs, and 2 wickets. Eco - 0.50, **** yeah!

Otago 142/2, Toddy Astle is making up for his poor batting with sweet fielding.

24. Post
    Doofer wrote:
    They better win it. Seemed best bet to enforce the follow on to me.
    Really? I think he made the best decision considering how well the Canterbury bowlers have been playing, likewise with Otago's poor batting form.

25. Post
    Interesting that they're not using Todd Astle. He's been useful on the last day in the past.